Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I hate Banks and love Bitcoin :-> - page 11. (Read 9021 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
June 03, 2019, 08:02:57 AM
Anytime  Wink Smiley I love Bitcoin because I don't need to carry it everywhere or it is permissioned in its original format without facing any currency exchange issue.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 03, 2019, 07:40:50 AM
I think the government now should regulate the bitcoin as a currency. There are many existing drawbacks which will be recovered with this.
Activity: 845
Merit: 52
June 03, 2019, 07:40:00 AM
Bank payment can even fail and be hanging. I have severally had a failed bank transactions, and the cash actually left my account but merchant didn't receive it, prompting me to do a series of mails to my bank, because they have other customers complain to attend to, I had to place on the waiting line, well before it can eventually be resolved some do take many days, forcing me to make an alternative with the hope that my merchant was going to make a refund to me. In all these bank charges are nonrefundable. 
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
June 03, 2019, 07:25:21 AM
It should have some reminder if you late made the payment ( notice on email for example )
When some company want to accept bitcoin ,they must follow government's policy or other risk / regulation.

Yes, crypto is something that we are need for legal transaction but it still require some time for it !
Activity: 443
Merit: 2
Theagriverse.io
June 03, 2019, 07:09:53 AM
I'm currently having a similar bank transfer issues, tra sfer I've been trying to make for over 30mins keep saying processing error. Bitcoin or any other payment cryptocurrency can help one overcome this scenarios.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
June 03, 2019, 06:27:48 AM
This is one reason why we need bitcoin as a means of payment, payment using the bitcoin system will not take long just a few seconds to get a confirmation block, this means it is more efficient compared to conventional bank transfers that still have the possibility of error because maybe some technical reasons from the bank's servers that we rarely know but are very detrimental to us as customers.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
June 03, 2019, 06:18:24 AM
We all had at a time something related to OP experienced but where able to control the situation compare to his/her state. In a country with a bad network provider cannot avoid what had happened to OP, and the best option for the client (or the person is using Bitcoin for transaction) only if it's allow in that country.

We all love Bitcoin, except Bitcoin haters who vow to it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
June 03, 2019, 06:08:42 AM
Lucky that this never happened to me though in my place the usage of bitcoin is limited for some billing payments and another lucky thing is my wife never forget about to remind me of when to pay the due so we never skipped the billing

But you are correct on how bitcoin is more advantageous against banking ,I believe this is what the world need to know.the benefits of cryptocurrency compared to all the payment areas in this world
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
June 03, 2019, 05:52:57 AM
First, I understand you are very angry because you lost a TV program that you like. Payment of the TV bill should be fast if the TV service company makes an auto confirmation system like e-commerce. Yes I understand that the blockchain is able to realize it all, with fast confirmation and no long waits.

In my opinion this is the fault of the TV service company, they should use auto payment confirmation instead of using manual confirmation. Indeed bitcoin is the right way to realize this, but it can't do much because there is still a lack of knowledge about the benefits of bitcoin.

I pay for my monthly satellite TV subscription with a bank transfer and for some obscure reason I forgot to pay it this month. I was still watching the World cup Cricket tournament, when a message popped up, saying that my account was in the arrears and they blocked my viewing.

Monthly direct debit services, 0 fees.

yup, in my opinion this is the right way out now, I also use the monthly auto debit service provided by the bank
Activity: 574
June 03, 2019, 04:48:53 AM
This is one of the reason why people need bitcoin in this world, I really don't understand the government rules sometimes i wonder if they really want to help or not!. Allowing bitcoin as a payment for any services is no hassle i hope they will realize how useful bitcoin for everyone.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
June 03, 2019, 04:42:44 AM
Another important factor of banks is that most of them don't complete transactions during weekends unless you are willing to pay a high fee for that. So think if this would have happened to you on a Friday night and your bank just stopped the transfer because of the weekend. AT&T has started accepting bitcoin,so if it's available in your country you might want to switch to that and pay your bill with using bitcoin every month.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 03, 2019, 04:41:03 AM
I pay for my monthly satellite TV subscription with a bank transfer and for some obscure reason I forgot to pay it this month. I was still watching the World cup Cricket tournament, when a message popped up, saying that my account was in the arrears and they blocked my viewing.

Monthly direct debit services, 0 fees.

If I paid with Bitcoin, this same payment would have taken less than 20 minutes at most, but unfortunately this Satelite provider does not accept Bitcoin payment for this service.  Angry

If your cricket match would have been in January last year you could have bought a yearly subscription just with the fee you were paying to get included in the next block.

A lot of people would have said, "Use your credit card" because it would have been much faster, but I prefer not to use credit cards to pay for things, because I hate adding to the debt problems of this country.

Oh, so you don't like the fast and free solution, you chose the worst one and then you blame the banks.
Sorry but this zealotism at its worse.

Like a guy with a sprain leg, he avoids calling the ambulance, limps alone for 10 miles to the hospital and then he is angry at the doctor his foot is actually broken now.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
June 03, 2019, 04:35:13 AM
My cable provider (AT&T) actually does accept Bitcoin now. I noticed the "Bitpay" option when I paid my bill last week. I wouldn't have imagined that in my wildest dreams 5 years ago! Shocked
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
June 03, 2019, 04:13:20 AM

I immediately logged into my internet Banking and checked my payment history and realized that I skipped that payment for some reason, so I made the payment and thought I would wait for a hour or two and then resume viewing. Noooot!

8 HOURS passed, I phoned the company and they informed me that the payment is not reflected on their system yet, so I waited another 4 hours and phoned them again.

A whole 21 hours later the payment went through and I could continue viewing, but the match I wanted to see was finished.  Angry

If I paid with Bitcoin, this same payment would have taken less than 20 minutes at most, but unfortunately this Satelite provider does not accept Bitcoin payment for this service.  Angry
Yes for sure the payment would be sent much more faster ,
If only they would see it that way blockchain could help a lot .
It could really change the future for better if only they would accept it and start learning about it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
June 03, 2019, 03:14:51 AM
Yes, Bitcoin is a lot better than the banking system. I have heard that you have got the bride to deal with Bitcoin. The government has to expand it further. If it does, then there will be no problem with anyone who It seems to me that Bitcoin is very effective and useful from the banking system.
Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
June 03, 2019, 03:14:20 AM
This is one of those great examples that could very well be turned into a TV comercial for BTC  Grin
Banks will have to adapt (they are already doing it) if they want to survive... but BTC will also have to run as there are some alts that are already offering better use case (not mentioning store of value, where BTC is still the undisputed king)
Can't wait for crypto to spread out everywhere, these days of being bank slaves are ending  Wink
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
June 03, 2019, 03:11:12 AM
This is really the kind of problem that I wanted Bitcoin to solved. When the bitcoin process before is too fast and cheap we can easily solve this problem however the problem before was that bitcoin is not yet that recognized.

Now that bitcoin gain popularity  there are still some companies who don't accept it. We can't still blame them tho because of its volatility that can hurt the company's funds. I think this is where a stable coin can be a good substitute. You will be sending your bitcoin to the stablecoin and use the stable coin to pay directly to the provider.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
June 03, 2019, 03:00:24 AM
Yes, I know the frustration! I once experienced my internet being cut for not paying in time
which I did the day before the cut off. it took my bank a day and a half to send my payment
to the internet company which resulted my internet being cut. It's frustrating that these things
happen but all I can do is try to understand.
Activity: 658
June 03, 2019, 02:59:56 AM
Your story makes me more confident about bitcoin, and is eager to experience bitcoin payment services as soon as possible.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
June 03, 2019, 02:57:54 AM
That's the advantage of having crypto over banks. We could pay and receive payments instantly. I used to make transactions with banks before and it takes about 3-5 business days and it's really a waste of time. Since I had bitcoin, money transactions are easier as well as payments.
Pages:
Jump to: