Pages:
Author

Topic: Why ICOs impose a minimum amount on investors? - page 2. (Read 576 times)

Activity: 912
Merit: 100
I think that the more serious and promising the project, it sets a high bar for the minimum investment. Such projects require interested investors who are willing to help develop the project, and not those that invest only for the purpose of enrichment.
And for ordinary projects, the minimum amount is set at a low level in order to raise money due to the maximum number of investors who can afford to invest, for example, $ 100.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
They also need the minimum and maximum amount of they need so ico project can under go what they need to do om their roadmap but lot of ico project don't reach it so the project getting scammed sometimes.
It does happen but we are here talking about when the minimum investment investment is indeed done by the ico which might be able to make manipulations regarding the financing
Activity: 552
Merit: 1
I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

You have a point there, but the major reason in my opinion concerning why ICOs set a minimum amount users can buy is mostly because they have put a price tag to the value of their project. They feel their project aint worth $10 investment and feel its an insult for people or participants of the ICO to buy $10 worth of their tokens.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
As for me, the minimum amount for ISO eliminates pseudo investors. Because serious people will not play with one token. It seems to me that it is more clever.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

The whales investors in the private sales and pre-sales are having more limit to invest on the project, because they have lock period usually.
But in ICO, almost there is no lock period, therefore ICO limiting the amount of personal cap in main sale.
Otherwise, the main sale investors can manipulate the price of the token/coin.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

I'm of the same opinion as you. The more people take part in the sale, the more chances the project has to become popular among investors and traders.
You know majority of these ICO has target and they also have timing associated to these projects, if they are to go by the rule of number of investors and not amount of investment, majority of them will end up not meeting their softcap, talk less of stepping on the hardcap lather.

To really gain attention of people and convince them to partake in a project is quite very challenging especially in a market full of competitions, the only way it can work is when there is a general law in place that places a maximum amount an investor can put per project and to be abided by every other ICOs out there, otherwise, any ICO that practices these will end up failing.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Its most important for investor could sell their asset after listing on exchange market, why have minimum for investing on ICO project, without have limited for minimum maybe many investor could not sell their coin on exchange market.
Investors who invest their money in projects should keep these coins and not sell immediately after listing. This suggests that they do not believe in the project and then they are not investors but speculators
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
In my opinion, imposing a minimum amount will make the investment more tangible. I'm certain that if there was no minimum amount, some people will purchase only 1 token. It will also reduce the work load of the team, because there will be no insignificant purchase. In sending tokens, gas fee is required and the team will save the cost of transferring insignificant number of tokens.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
Its most important for investor could sell their asset after listing on exchange market, why have minimum for investing on ICO project, without have limited for minimum maybe many investor could not sell their coin on exchange market.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11

I'm of the same opinion as you. The more people take part in the sale, the more chances the project has to become popular among investors and traders.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0

It is just their decision to easy count the investors and avoid also a very low capping and fund that they will going to get. I think it is a good decision in order to collect much better fund rather than to let investors spend too low.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
CAT.EX Exchange
I have seen a lot of ICOs, where fixed and minimum amounts are asked for. For instance, an ICO might ask for $100 as the minimum amount anyone can invest and there are some that sometimes ask for huge amount of money. This can result into investors not wanting to invest into the project, because they are being care of not investing what they cannot afford to loose.
the aim of the minimum amount is to keep investors serious in buying. because if we have spent a lot of money then we will definitely be better and more serious in trying to give good input. if the ICO does not provide a minimum limit, what happens is that investors will enter and leave themselves without being able to make meaningful contributions.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
indeed, it is better for everyone to participate even though they may invest little but it will be much better if compared to investors who invest heavily because they can play the price as they wish.
Activity: 226
Merit: 4
I agree that it is good for a project when there are many investors and strong community, but still I would not go to 1 $
100$ would be fine for me as a minimum. 1$ investor is not a serious one and there would be many useless transactions.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11

I think the main goal of developers is to raise a large amount of money for work and not to allow everyone to buy their tokens at a low price.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
I don't see any reason of allowing investors buy any amount of coin they want because people can be really funny and might end up buying an amount of coin that is very insignificant and the team might not be able to achieve their target because people will feel that they should try testing the platform with the investment of small amount that they can afford to lose, this is why they put a minimum investment amount so that it would be easier for the to achieve the set goal to be raised, though it would be good if there are no minimum amount.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
As far as i know, every ico buyer has some expenses for ico holders. Kyc and everything need money. And if the buyer will just buy 10$, that 10$ may not be enough just pay the expenses.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
ICO should be for all, I do not also see the reason why projects should impose a minimum amount on investors. Some investors do not even participate in ICOs these days, the beginners are greatly discouraged with this.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
A strange question, I generally agree that they should not do this, but I think that this is done so that small investors whose investments today do not matter could not invest. Although I do not understand why it is needed.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101

I think the bigger the investment, the better it will be to have so many investors and investors with little money. Investors who invest a lot of money will have a lot of responsibility for their investment.
When they invest a lot, they will think about holding long-term and long-term engagement with the project, etc ...
Pages:
Jump to: