Pages:
Author

Topic: Why ICOs impose a minimum amount on investors? - page 4. (Read 576 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 2
I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

I think the minimum buy order is just too get serious minded investors
That will indicate their interest in the growth of the project

You can expect 10$ to be the minimum buy
Ico is not an exchange trade
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Most restriction on minimum purchase is during pre sale and private sale, in ICO i dont think we have a substantial restriction, but again it varies from project to project.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
As i see some icos right now are not getting the softcap or didn't reach it, so they implemented the minimum investment to reach the softcap, nowadays on cryptocurrency the softcap is very difficult to reach as investors lack an interest to buy on icos and they are focusing on trading.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
There may be problems processing payments for very small fees.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
The company wants to conform to a specific model, where their power and attractiveness for investors will be taken into account.
Activity: 263
I think the reason why there is a minimum nominal value is that they want to get a “soft cap” as early as possible, and not a group of investors, which then affect the price of tokens.
Activity: 504
I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

I think that setting the minimum amount during fundraising is done in order to quickly collect the necessary amount and weed out weak investors.
Who will immediately after completing ICO begin to discard tokens.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137

Recently, a problem has arisen with ethereum, namely, with its scalability and increased commission fees in connection with this, and it turned out that the small amount of remittances that were used in some activity, games or somewhere else was to blame. I remember. That is, if we now allow small transactions when investing in ICO projects, this again can derail the ethereum price. Therefore it is better not to do this. In any case, until ethereum solves the problem of its scalability.
Activity: 238
I strongly agree, if the system is like that, there is no monopoly from any party, everyone also gets the same amount of tokens. that's very interesting. but sometimes companies don't appreciate the process, and they don't care whales monopolize themselves and the crowd.
Activity: 826
Merit: 258
What in my mind about that condition is, that could be one of the strategy for the the project to get their selling target.
So the project could continue their development when they had enough fund to do it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
I think we cannot stop or assume or underestimate capabilities of icos

Nobody wants to spend 3$ gas on a 10$ purchase
So I don’t really blame ico limit prices

But I am in support of a considerable and affordable starting price
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

of course for counting ,
i mean if 1000 people invested with a minimum,let me say 1 usd
so that mean they will got 1000 usd
then dev,will calculate everything needed for start the project
also some ico have some planning if just rechaed soft cap, they will go to milestone 1
and if hard cap reached , they can going to milestone 5
about whales or private investor,usualy they will lock their asset until some time.
i also believe min invest create for find a good investor .
like a hodl for a long time.
Activity: 277
just imagine if a person who invested in huge amount, then he or she sell his/her tokens at once the price will dump harder
so, he or she can manipulate the price right ?
i think its better if people invested with small amount rather than in huge amount as the project can reach the cap
less amount of investments is not the problem here, but huge amount on investments is the main issue
Activity: 154
I believe that this is a fraud because absolutely all people should be able to invest
Activity: 238
in essence, all ICOs will not reject whales, because with the investment they provide, ICO will be very easy to reach the softcap target, not much can be done, whales always have a way to play
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
You are absolutely right. It's better to find 1 investor and cooperate with hime rather than with a crowd. But if the project can't take enough investments from private sales, they make public sales.
Activity: 474
Merit: 250
I think there are two issues when they come up with a minimum amount of money to invest. A minimum is what they want to know if the investor really wants to invest in their project. Second is the transaction fee is not low, so if the $ 1 investment is really too wasteful of fees
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
yes the scheme on works with ico manage on projects deliverance might helps as gathering collection of funds on supports as managing future chance on projects with the service deliverance,
as developer keep on extending entrance on authorizing use of possession as the works on objectives to manage with customs on strategic dominance on personal preference.
Activity: 602
Project developers themselves have the right to set their own rules and, accordingly, the minimum and maximum amounts of investments — as long as no one controls the market for ICO projects. Perhaps after this long decline in the market, the situation will change and the rules when investing in ICO projects will change.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
because they want to get the soft cap as early as possible not a bunch of investors that only cause a traffic in the system, it is also a prerequisite attracting other investors to invest in the 2nd stage.
Pages:
Jump to: