Pages:
Author

Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018 - page 11. (Read 3957 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
July 07, 2018, 02:47:25 PM
For sure there gonna be some ICO's that are gonna fail but not all of them . Stop spreading negativity please.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
July 07, 2018, 02:44:38 PM
Yes, now it's time to talk about why the year 2018 started so badly. We all understand that our beloved bitcoin can not always rise in price and those people who bought bitcoins for $ 2000 have already made themselves serious money.
Activity: 378
Merit: 19
July 07, 2018, 02:42:11 PM
I don't agree with this article. There are new blockchain and teams have more options for their ICO in future! IPO is LIVE and ICO too. Just we need to invest in potential project, not SCAM.
At the moment my favourite project is Organicco - project for green-technology. I think it is the best ICO in 2018 when they have solution, company and partners.
You can check their info here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annicoairdrop-organicco-green-tech-proven-technology-3379079
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
July 04, 2018, 12:46:36 AM
I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

yes because of the overbought all time high last year, most of the investors are tired of buying and the most of the icos fail because investors are likely to get the proper timing of buying specialy in this ghost month, but i hope that in the end of 2018 the market will retrace and gives us 2019 a good year to start.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 03, 2018, 11:16:06 PM
It will not fail but the value of the token will decrease as we see bitcoin's value decreases. We will see the value of token's value go lower as bitcoin goes down as it was based on bitcoin when participating in ICO's unless if they only accept USD but I never heared of ICO that only accepts USD as their payment.
Activity: 72
July 03, 2018, 11:02:25 PM
Most new ideas fail regardless of how they're funded. Some salient points about the specifics of the ICO, but you can find similar problems with other funding models. The points hold true though, entry with potential 100x undoubtedly carries the risk of losing it all.

In a rapidly developing field like cryptocurrency, it's getting to the point of saturation where you need a really solid ICO to be truly successful. Once you have a solid idea, I'd even go so far as to say you need a little luck as well.
Activity: 51
July 03, 2018, 10:59:18 PM
Maybe we can see 2018 will be the nicest year of ICO. Hope ICO Project that established can works properly so Investors dont get bored with Scam or Failed Project
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
June 10, 2018, 11:18:54 AM
The main reason why ICO fail in 2018 because there are alot of scams right now and it is destroying the image of ICO in the public. Also FUDS can be a factor too because it makes many people scared of investing to an ICO or to crypto as a whole.
Activity: 75
June 10, 2018, 11:02:28 AM
The articles in the link are very comprehensive on the analysis of ICO projects, but we can't ignore the important point that fraudsters now make investors afraid to invest in ICO. Even if there are good ICOs, they will not be able to run because of insufficient funds!
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
May 29, 2018, 02:47:10 PM
I think ICO in 2018 will be only grow. Because now trading is not profitable.
Where did you scoped that trading now isn't profitable? Trading has been the most profitable way of earning in cryptocurrency.
It has been proven and tested that if you know how to trade, you can more than what the ICO investors can earn. And besides, ICOs are riskier than trading so if you'll ask the ICO investors their opinions are divided on it. ICOs are not here to last forever, that's the real thing.
Activity: 202
May 29, 2018, 02:43:25 PM
I think ICO in 2018 will be only grow. Because now trading is not profitable.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
May 28, 2018, 08:57:00 AM

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
I wish I had come across this article last years.
I spent lots of time on ICOs in 2018 and made almost no profit from it.
I should have invested my money in something else.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
May 28, 2018, 08:51:04 AM
The reason that a lot of icos fail and a lot of icos being made this year will fail is that they do not have any sustainable projects. Without a sustainable project which people cannot keep using for years to come, there is no way that your ico will survive. People want coins that they know that if they hold for a long time, the coin will still be around for that long time on exchanges for them to sell and make money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 254
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
May 24, 2018, 12:12:18 AM
At the moment with the ICO all is well. There are a considerable number of projects, which after ICO give X. For example:
Libra Credit, Holo, Zebi, TomoCoin. And a lot of projects that gave excellent results in 2018.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
February 28, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
how can the frauds and scams in ICO be curtailed,that is one of the biggest problem in em,that should be the problem of it in 2018.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
February 16, 2018, 11:19:58 AM
It is strange to hear this, I still think that in 2018 we will still observe how new ICO projects will be created that will still collect money for their needs and for their implementation of ideas. Which sooner or later I still think that they will be able to realize themselves very well
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
February 16, 2018, 11:15:31 AM

Thoughts?
I indeed think that 2018 year will be ICOs fails year but only for investors not projects, because scams will get your money and will be with money, that is why I never invest in ICO or just waiting for them to get listed.
Activity: 14
February 16, 2018, 11:12:52 AM
Hello guys,
Which country is best to initialize an ICO project ?
Activity: 164
February 16, 2018, 09:38:35 AM

Thoughts?

Can't agree actually.There are still a lot of great, forward-looking ICOs with the highly experienced teams behind. Of course, some of them will fail, but they will definitely not die.
Activity: 92
February 16, 2018, 08:16:05 AM
The article writer has a strong point of view about ICOs future next year. Yeah, that is very true since almost ICOs are just "Now you see me" scheme of ICO. If not a SCAM, the project will probably become obsolete after launching and eventually die in the process. But i am not counting out ICOs yet because there are still ICOs that are legit and really served its purpose.
Pages:
Jump to: