Pages:
Author

Topic: Why IEOs Came Into Existence? - page 10. (Read 1037 times)

copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 09, 2019, 07:24:20 AM
Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?

This is basically, marketing. The existence of IEOs are meant to promote new currencies that will going to enter various exchanges and already listed there. The assurance of listing the top priority, also this is what people want, to trade and make profit on a certain crypto. What it has adopted is still the idea, what ICO is, they've just limit it.
Activity: 346
Merit: 1
April 09, 2019, 07:11:56 AM
Because they are the answer on how to gain back the confidence of the investors in the crypto space.
With the advent of IEO, investors feel safer with investing, although the number of projects that has come into existence is now limited but we can ensure that majority of them are good projects. I believe we quality projects more than quantity alone.

I agree with your statement, it's all about creating a safe space for investors and most likely building their confidence in the said project. On a personal note, I can of think it is a grand scheme to also eliminate bounty hunters who often accused of dumping prices
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
April 09, 2019, 07:07:08 AM
There is multiple reasons for that.

First of all, people got sick and tired of scam icos and they need some guarantor which is exchanges. Second, for ico's, making it is not cheap. They pay lots of things (kyc, gateway, etc) and can't get enough money.

For exchanges, it is another income.

It seems everybody is happy.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
April 09, 2019, 05:48:27 AM
Because they are the answer on how to gain back the confidence of the investors in the crypto space.
With the advent of IEO, investors feel safer with investing, although the number of projects that has come into existence is now limited but we can ensure that majority of them are good projects. I believe we quality projects more than quantity alone.
As I believe it also, ICO's really have a disgusting performance which bringing a lot of projects into failures. Aside from that, scam project flooded around and by having this IEO will minimize scam project into a zero level which investors feel confidence for their investment.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
April 09, 2019, 05:35:06 AM
The IEO makes a difference this year, compared to ICOs that have gotten a bad stigma from the public.
Now investors are becoming more confident and most IEOs also provide a very good picture.
I believe that the IEO can have a significant impact on the circulation of cryptocurrencies, now the public and society will be increasingly interested in using it.

Let us just hope that dev teams will not abuse this system. Exchanges, big or small should be stringent in selecting projects to be included in their launchpads. If greed for money will be involved again, we will see this type of fund-generating scheme to fail again.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
April 09, 2019, 05:16:37 AM
I think this is more of the exchanges conducting IEO's to protect the poor investors from scam project and also protect their own interest, if you look at it, many investors are now too afraid to put money in ico's for reasons best known to all, so exchanges trying to use the ieo process to secure investors confidence to invest in new project and at the same time bring new attention to their exchange, new listing brings new people to the platform with new money.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
April 09, 2019, 05:04:16 AM
The IEO makes a difference this year, compared to ICOs that have gotten a bad stigma from the public.
Now investors are becoming more confident and most IEOs also provide a very good picture.
I believe that the IEO can have a significant impact on the circulation of cryptocurrencies, now the public and society will be increasingly interested in using it.
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
April 09, 2019, 04:58:44 AM
Floors are using IEO as a tool to help their coins grow quickly. The majority of floors only allow participation in the IEO with their coins, which is a wise tactic.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
April 09, 2019, 04:51:09 AM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
April 09, 2019, 04:28:17 AM
In crypto all continues to grow. Because people are getting bored to invest in ICO. And in the end the IEO came with a big advantage, of course for investors. Previously, there were a lot of Exchange that did IEO like binance, Kucoin & Bittrex. Of all the IEO in large exchanges, there will certainly be a lot of big profits for investors. And just enjoy the current developments with the presence of the IEO.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
April 09, 2019, 04:24:03 AM
Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?
Pages:
Jump to: