Pages:
Author

Topic: Why IEOs Came Into Existence? - page 2. (Read 1037 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10
May 19, 2019, 01:15:24 PM
Actually, Binance held it's first IEO Gifto at the end of 2017, but that time it was not necessary for the projects to pay exchanges for holding IEO as they were successfully collecting funds through traditional ICO format. When people almost stopped participating in ICOs, IEO appeared and it became popular because of fast profit for investors.
Activity: 494
Merit: 104
homt.net
May 19, 2019, 01:13:20 PM
To provide a safer way of investment procedure than ICO's did, also gives confidence for the investors for prevented scams.
An IEO being run in a widely known exchange like binance will boost the sale of their tokens,
That's the benefits when certain project got the chance being offered inside big exchange like binance the liquidations will be much easier and investors will take their part to participate and try harder to earned from this new way of investment, the market within this field already have a lots of supporters.
binance have the liquidations and many project launchpad are ended successfully, i'm one a part who take the chance to participate in binance IEO.
IEO from big exchange can give investor more profit because the exchange are supported by whales.
investing in IEO is more profitable than standard ICO campaign and now IEO are hyped
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
May 19, 2019, 01:09:33 PM
Earlier I thought that IEO save crypto market and return the trust of investors to new projects. However, I rejoiced in vain. IEOs can also cause damage to their investors. I now see only one plus from IEO - this is a quick listing of new projects on a large exchange.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
May 19, 2019, 01:02:04 PM
Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?

You are right. My first knowledge of IEOs came from Latoken and Probit but was popularised by the big exchanges when they found out it has become more successful than ICO in terms of fund raising
Activity: 494
homt.net
May 19, 2019, 12:59:05 PM
because IEO is safer than ico, investor can invest their money in some project with escrow from exchange are launched IEO for some project.
but participate IEO in small exchange it's not worth it for me, because some case even using exchange for launch their crowdfound, some project are failed raised fund from small exchange because shortage of participating investors.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
May 19, 2019, 12:55:27 PM
To provide a safer way of investment procedure than ICO's did, also gives confidence for the investors for prevented scams.
An IEO being run in a widely known exchange like binance will boost the sale of their tokens,
That's the benefits when certain project got the chance being offered inside big exchange like binance the liquidations will be much easier and investors will take their part to participate and try harder to earned from this new way of investment, the market within this field already have a lots of supporters.
Activity: 576
Merit: 39
May 19, 2019, 12:48:44 PM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
May 19, 2019, 11:49:42 AM
Just a head's up, STEX will now opening their platform for IEO purpose, In fact they are currently running the very first coin project on their IEO platform. This is big move for STEX and since this is the to go place for startup projects we can expect more projects on their IEO platform. Lets just hope they filter out scammy and fake projects.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
May 14, 2019, 11:58:41 PM
maybe they think its the best way to attract investor and this is works.
even some IEO has bad price after launch.
dont know this is last forever or not, but ICO still exist during this time.
so IEO will not give big effect to ICO.
It's works very well. Token sale combined with a big trust and popular exchange such binance is giving a good result to all parties. The token sale owner is happy because the token sold out, the exchange also happy because many investors will buy in their exchange and also using BNB tokens. Investors also happy because they can participate on token sale without afraid.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
May 14, 2019, 11:54:42 PM
Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?

Totally agree, they need to feed traders with a new and fresh project, they live on traders actions, trading, withdrawal and deposit, without new coins or project to satisfy the appetite, the income will stop, new tokens are their cash cow.
Activity: 728
May 14, 2019, 11:24:54 PM
IEO results tokens always have a good price if the IEO is done in a large exchange
indeed, currently the ICO is still there, but most ICOs fail because no investors are interested, investors are more interested in the IEO for now, so the IEO has a very big impact on ICO
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
May 14, 2019, 10:56:39 PM
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
May 14, 2019, 09:17:05 PM
I think IEOs come because there was too much scam on ICOs and a lot of people lose their money, but now with IEOs o think if people choose a trusted and old exchange where to join IEOs and buy they have a good chance to get a profit.
Every day there are hundreds of projects calling for capital in this market appear and very few projects can succeed so IEO is a new trend and many investors participate in this year. I think the presence of the IEO is necessary to help people stay away from scammers and we can choose the best projects in this market. Of course the IEO investment will be very risky if you participate in a poor exchange or a bad market situation can make you lose money very quickly.
May 14, 2019, 09:11:06 PM
I think the main reason that birthed IEOs is the fraudulent rate of most ICOs. These fraud was getting too much that investors were no longer willing to invest in ICOs anymore because they do not want to lose their money. Then projects taught the best way to raise funds from investors is to launch their tokensale through a platform that will guarantee it's legality. And the investors responded well because they can now participate in tokensale without being scammed. And also the exchanges also provide liquidity for the token upon listing.

IEO platform will never guaranteed any legality on any IEO that launch using their platform. Since this IEO project can still scam if they choose to run with investors money. the only good thing about IEO is the promised listing after the token sale which is the core of any token project.
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
May 14, 2019, 06:52:53 PM
I think the main reason that birthed IEOs is the fraudulent rate of most ICOs. These fraud was getting too much that investors were no longer willing to invest in ICOs anymore because they do not want to lose their money. Then projects taught the best way to raise funds from investors is to launch their tokensale through a platform that will guarantee it's legality. And the investors responded well because they can now participate in tokensale without being scammed. And also the exchanges also provide liquidity for the token upon listing.
Activity: 1050
May 08, 2019, 05:30:59 AM
Binance was the first which realized that ICO market is dying  and they offered a more secure way for investment with Binance launchpad. Of course, they want to control and have bigger  benefit from the investments.

Launched a launchpad for safer investments, but today I got the news that binary exchange has been broken into by hackers, have you not read the news today? I was very surprised when a binary exchange was able to be broken into by hackers, even though many already knew that the security exchange binance was very guaranteed.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
May 08, 2019, 05:15:12 AM
Binance was the first which realized that ICO market is dying  and they offered a more secure way for investment with Binance launchpad. Of course, they want to control and have bigger  benefit from the investments.

No entirely dying, They know that ICO market need something to restart the market and they introduce their launch pad that serve as a catalyst that restore investors confidence in the ICO market once again.

Its actually a real safe haven for ICO investors, its 100% listing guaranteed and success.
To me, there is still a kittle of difference between ICO and IEO, IEO is more or less like operating on a centralized system while ICO is fully operating on a decentralized system, reason why I said this is because, ICO only involves transactions between the investor and the project developer, but now that IEO is in the market, it involves a third party involvements which are the exchanges before the investment can be done.

Just like the way STO built on the weakness of IPO is the same way IEO built on the weakness of ICO, but I knew IEO will not come without its own challenge, I just read somewhere where a project coated $0.09 for IEO and $0.05 for ICO on same project, this is where the problem of IEO will start from.
May 05, 2019, 08:47:10 PM

No entirely dying, They know that ICO market need something to restart the market and they introduce their launch pad that serve as a catalyst that restore investors confidence in the ICO market once again.

Its actually a real safe haven for ICO investors, its 100% listing guaranteed and success.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
May 05, 2019, 07:49:42 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
May 05, 2019, 04:56:02 PM
Actually no one has a problem with low or large exchanges. What is seen now is that the interest of the IEO itself is very high, of course investors expect profits on IEO investments. If it is equally profitable for investors and of course this Exchange will continue in the future. I do not know this will last until the IEO.
Pages:
Jump to: