Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is BitBay price so low? - page 2. (Read 9270 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 320
May 03, 2017, 05:20:42 AM
He MADE HALO.
So? What are the contractural specifics of that? What happens to that in the case of his death? Does he even have a will? Or is it just a matter of believing in his good will with zero thought to the future of your investments? Why do so many treat the money they put into this as a hobby as opposed to serious business.

And what do you mean by offering people a way to make a lot of money?
I mean that it's nothing more than something to be traded on exchanges for profit.

If you dont like the coin, feel free to not invest in it. That is your choice.
I like it as nothing more than a means to make some money trading it on the exchanges as it solves no problems of crytocurrencies and has little chance of a long term (I mean a decade or two sort of thing) future.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
May 03, 2017, 05:04:22 AM
In what way exactly is this one supposedly the "first" marketplace? I seem to remember perusing the NXT one long before this one existed. Or is it by sticking "decentralized' in front of it and that they feel they can then make that claim.

BAY has a functioning decentralized marketplace. With decentralized being the important part, if not the most important part. The whole crypto started to bring more decentralization, to make bartering trustless for the users.

I know that people really love to believe their favorite coin or whatever is decentralized, but in the case of this one, it's currently "centralized" in the developer himself. The moment he stops (is hit by a bus or something else happens), just like all others where the dev left, it will die. Him also having at least 10% (no one can be believed in this space and he could have far more than that), well that's a hell of a lot and cause for concern. It used to be that any coin that had a premine etc. of that sort of amount was immediately classified as a scam/garbage etc and avoided. Now of course people just accept it all as normal and make up all sorts of things to justify it.

His stating that this coin cannot be stopped by any country etc is just laughable and the fact that he's put that out there just has to make someone start to question more. Tor traffic can be detected and blocked. Bittorrent traffic can be detected and blocked. Sure, it wouldn't be cost effective to try and stop absolutely everyone, but you stop the majority and anything relying on it is dead. Seriously. I mean all you have to do is read the freaking wikipedia page about Tor. Just because no one really gives a shit about all this stuff right now doesn't mean it can't/won't happen down the road.

Another issue I have with this coin is that the marketplace is subject to the deal/licensing of Halo. Have all the specific details on that been made public? Would think that should be right in the OP of the coin as it's pretty important. Without it though, the marketplace no longer exists which makes it a risk.

At the end of the day though, this coin is no different than 99% of the others out there. It hasn't solved any real fundamental problems, offers a bunch of "stuff" that makes it seem like it has some sort of value and it serves no other purpose than a way for people to make a bunch of money for as long as it lasts. So as long as that's all you're interested in, then by all means, this one is as good as any other.

The first part of your argument applies to all walks of life, it is more about how decentralized it can go. If he does dissapear, things will continue to function.

As long as people run their nodes, it will be up. As for your main point, sure, anythings possible i guess

He MADE HALO.

I would say it is different as it offers an actual working product. Each coin goes by its own path and we can only guess how it all ends up. But BAY has shown incredible resilience and is bringing in new stuff to teh table all the time. And what do you mean by offering people a way to make a lot of money ? I do not thin that is a part of BAY. But it does offer people to use a double deposit escrow when people wish to sell something on the marketplace and make money that way.

If you dont like the coin, feel free to not invest in it. That is your choice.
May 03, 2017, 02:43:09 AM
In what way exactly is this one supposedly the "first" marketplace? I seem to remember perusing the NXT one long before this one existed. Or is it by sticking "decentralized' in front of it and that they feel they can then make that claim.

BAY has a functioning decentralized marketplace. With decentralized being the important part, if not the most important part. The whole crypto started to bring more decentralization, to make bartering trustless for the users.

I know that people really love to believe their favorite coin or whatever is decentralized, but in the case of this one, it's currently "centralized" in the developer himself. The moment he stops (is hit by a bus or something else happens), just like all others where the dev left, it will die. Him also having at least 10% (no one can be believed in this space and he could have far more than that), well that's a hell of a lot and cause for concern. It used to be that any coin that had a premine etc. of that sort of amount was immediately classified as a scam/garbage etc and avoided. Now of course people just accept it all as normal and make up all sorts of things to justify it.

His stating that this coin cannot be stopped by any country etc is just laughable and the fact that he's put that out there just has to make someone start to question more. Tor traffic can be detected and blocked. Bittorrent traffic can be detected and blocked. Sure, it wouldn't be cost effective to try and stop absolutely everyone, but you stop the majority and anything relying on it is dead. Seriously. I mean all you have to do is read the freaking wikipedia page about Tor. Just because no one really gives a shit about all this stuff right now doesn't mean it can't/won't happen down the road.

Another issue I have with this coin is that the marketplace is subject to the deal/licensing of Halo. Have all the specific details on that been made public? Would think that should be right in the OP of the coin as it's pretty important. Without it though, the marketplace no longer exists which makes it a risk.

At the end of the day though, this coin is no different than 99% of the others out there. It hasn't solved any real fundamental problems, offers a bunch of "stuff" that makes it seem like it has some sort of value and it serves no other purpose than a way for people to make a bunch of money for as long as it lasts. So as long as that's all you're interested in, then by all means, this one is as good as any other.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
May 03, 2017, 02:19:09 AM

May 03, 2017, 01:19:13 AM
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
May 03, 2017, 12:09:26 AM
Alright, this thread has sold me. Just picked up a small position in BIT.

Not kidding about the "small" part. It's 1.1% of my crypto portfolio. But I'll be paying close attention now.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
May 02, 2017, 10:01:23 PM
I've been researching coins deeply and this coin offers so darn much! Why is it falling on the top 100 list? Why isn't it on the top 10? Can someone explain this to me?

Think of it as an amazing opportunity to buy some cheap coins. If you really believe in the potential of a coin, better to invest substantially in it. The market will come around to its fair value, sooner or later.
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
May 02, 2017, 08:21:11 PM
What should this Bitbay coin be used for? Which advantages does it have?

http://bitbay.market/walloffeatures/
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
May 01, 2017, 07:24:59 PM
What should this Bitbay coin be used for? Which advantages does it have?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
April 18, 2017, 04:11:01 PM
finally we are seeing some notice in the value of this coin
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
April 08, 2017, 01:49:45 PM
I do have some good views about this coin among other and when i backread most people say that it has a scammer developer and a scam coin and wong get any pump in the future?how can be so sure about this matter? Even if it falls into top 100 its still promising to keep this coin compared to pump and dump scheme coins.

I'm not a scam developer. Look at the software I made with your own eyes. The person who called me a scammer (bobsurplus) stole from the project adding insult to injury. I've worked my ass off on this project and am really tired of these lazy comments

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
April 08, 2017, 04:20:50 AM
I do have some good views about this coin among other and when i backread most people say that it has a scammer developer and a scam coin and wong get any pump in the future?how can be so sure about this matter? Even if it falls into top 100 its still promising to keep this coin compared to pump and dump scheme coins.
legendary
April 08, 2017, 02:24:49 AM
There are much better coins than bitbay, their concept is nothing new and decentralized marketplace is common to all coins which even the market section of this forum is decentralized itself Smiley
I use to have Bitbay but dumped them because I realize its not moving after 5 months of keeping it.

This forum isn't decentralized! It's on the clearnet and owned by Theymos who works for a senate office. This website is a server and governments can shut down any server.

BitBay is decentralized, it will work in Iraq it will work in Zaire it will work in China. There is no country which can firewall or block it and its serverless. I think you should actually first understand what "decentralized" means.

Tor=decentralized
Bittorrent=decentralized
Bitcoin=decentralized

YouTube and Facebook NOT DECENTRALIZED

Also BitBay is the ONLY decentralized serverless markets in the world other than OpenBazaar and Syscoin. Syscoins markets however are blockchain based and thus prone to extreme bloat and OpenBazaar uses centralized arbiters and not double deposit escrow and really is open to collusion attacks.

To say the coin wasn't moving is wrong. I've been working on it 2 years straight and update the software every couple months. Not sure where you've been.
legendary
April 08, 2017, 02:19:13 AM
My point is that it is a little misleading, making it seem as if other smart contracts are somehow breakable.

The contracts are not breakable because it uses DOUBLE DEPOSIT ESCROW. This is not at all the same as other platforms. This is the only software in the world(other than my other software BitHalo) that makes contracts where both parties deposit in a joint account with mutually assured destruction.

Also, I was doing smart contracts as an actual prototype in software before Ethereum was even an idea.

An explanation is found here:
http://cryptorials.io/glossary/double-deposit-escrow/

And really found on all the various discussions, interviews rants and articles that I'm involved in.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 07, 2017, 05:36:22 PM
There are much better coins than bitbay, their concept is nothing new and decentralized marketplace is common to all coins which even the market section of this forum is decentralized itself Smiley
I use to have Bitbay but dumped them because I realize its not moving after 5 months of keeping it.

Okay, sure, I am open minded and always looking for a great new opportunity perhaps I am too enthusiastic about bitbay and it is just not justified.... point me to these MUCH better coins that you have found already that currently offer more for less. I have been waiting for these projects for quite some time but I have obviously missed them.

Tell me what they offer extra and how much cheaper they are.

Can put  them in order  for me so I can just start buying the best ones first.

I need a direct comparison sheet to bitbay - what they offer above and beyond bitbay. I mean the marketplace is actually brilliant but I don't even consider it the most important part of bitbays project.

I hear a lot of people saying it has moved too slowly, but whether it has or not ( i have no idea what work was involved and a realistic expectation for such work to be delivered ) it still seems to have  MANY more features than most projects well above their placement on cmc.

The developer seems capable of doing just about anything you could ask to be designed. I wonder how many devs can do much more than clone other clones of btc/ltc?

Anyway I await with my btc ready to grab up these much better value projects.

Don't list them without a comparison describing how exactly they are much better though because you need to convince me with facts not just dreams and fantasies. I want to see what they have coded out and have functioning right now, not what they are dreaming of creating by 2050.

I can say only one thing. Yes it does seem to take ages for things to happen but somehow they are still miles ahead of most other projects and cost way less. Things like this are not created in a few weeks or months it seems sadly. 5 months in crypto is nothing unless you are talking about clones that offer nothing new or useful and are here today and gone tomorrow.

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
April 07, 2017, 05:04:22 PM
Activity: 661
Merit: 504
April 07, 2017, 04:59:39 PM
Did they even launch that shop they was talking about ages ago?

Yes. It was launched as the first decentralized marketplace ever. And it works. But there is still more to do. Specially in regards to make it more user friendly. We have the tenplates for custom contracts and buy/sell coins. More templates are in the pipeline.
legendary
April 07, 2017, 02:25:55 PM

decentralised market place? is that what you mean?
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 07, 2017, 02:20:54 PM
legendary
April 07, 2017, 02:20:01 PM
I guess this is why. Even the red alert price being a low thing on a discussion usually gets so much attention in case of a bigger volume coin got only couple of people interested.

For example my friend (I just checked, but he is a bitcoin holder) never heard of bitpay before and that could be a great reason why the price is low, not enough marketing. They should up the ante with the marketing budget and the price would go higher if you ask me.

I think you are right 100%. However ask him again if he heard of bitBay. He still probably has not.
Pages:
Jump to: