Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is bitcoin price so stable in 2018? - page 12. (Read 1142 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 27, 2018, 06:01:50 AM
What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?

Because Fuds came's on it that's why we can see the price of bitcoins drop/stables, But we might gonna experience some pump happenings right now since I believe the fuds camp pass and many people forget it that's why we can see the market go live again and slowly regaining its rythm.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
January 27, 2018, 06:01:41 AM
First of all it is not that stable. We have been crawling down from 15k to 10 and now we are at 11k. The key factor is that nothing happens around Bitcoin (ofcourse exapt FUD). We still have big transaction fees цшep uncertainty about when this will end. Changes of the market cap of the cryptomarket says that if  people did not sell their BTC for fiat then they are hodling like crazy. It seems like Right now bitcoin is waiting for a new start, that is why it is stable.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 27, 2018, 05:53:55 AM
Well January hasn't even passed yet, so it's hard to make that kind of statement for 2018.

I think some of it has to do with the fact that some FUD got thrown around in Korea. If u remember during bitcoin's pumps in late 2017, the market was driven in a large part by Korea. Basically, everyone and their grandmothers were buying BTC, Ripple, ETH. Then recently, news media in Korea started throwing around FUD, and it got rid of weak hands/ newbie investors (one reason why price dropped). Now it seems like people in bitcoin are in it for the long run, which is why we haven't seen 5k jumps in like we saw last year.

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Life is full of struggle
January 27, 2018, 05:31:10 AM
Lol. its only January so wait and see, I thought after 1/2 month it will rising again, you never juzz quickly, cause it is bitcoin, and you see before how bitcoin rising,
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
January 27, 2018, 05:13:44 AM
I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.

Yes, bitcoin is not stable at the movement instead it is under pressure to go down some more if this bearish market continues for a longer period. The main reason for this bearish market is all governments want to regulate this market and they want to track the money flowing into crypto markets but as of now they do not know how to do it so they are targetting crypto exchanges.

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

I don't think prices are down due to any manipulation by big whales.

I don't know about others but I'm now holding more coins than last year because I bought more in this down market.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 04:39:04 AM
I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
January 27, 2018, 04:35:06 AM
2018 has just started so I think we can't really tell yet whether it's going to be 'stable' or not. Bitcoin has been dropping so much this month, but I think it's expected because this is what always happend in the beginning of the year.

Personally, I think bitcoin will stay at it's place right now, and it won't be rising significantly like before anymore. The reason is, in my opinion, because of altcoins. Altcoins are really famous now and people tend to put their investment fund on altcoins / ICO now instead of bitcoin. So basically, I think it's because of altcoins are the new 'hype' changing bitcoin therefore bitcoin is not rising as much as before anymore.

Regarding the market manipulations, I believe yes, some elite group who hold a lot SUM of bitcoin must be manipulating the price every once in a while. It's really inevitable in my opinion.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
January 27, 2018, 04:18:04 AM
What do you think is happening?

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?
Pages:
Jump to: