Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is bitcoin stability important? - page 19. (Read 2021 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
April 23, 2018, 01:17:58 AM
Stability is a function of volume. The US dollar barely moves 2% from day to day because there are several trillions of dollars traded every day, so it's hard for any one player to pump or dump it. So it moves based on fundamentals (the outlook for the US economy) instead.

Bitcoin is still very small - it's market cap is smaller than Apple's, so it's easier for whales to move the price, especially as the trading volume is only about 1/50th of bitcoin's market cap.
I guess that is what most people are not really understanding yet. We are still in a very early state and we cannot expect the volatility to not be like this, most especially for a decentralized environment. A lot of people keep complaining about how volatile the market is without understanding it is that volatility that actually makes some investors to want to pull in to take advantage of the fluctuations.

However, some of these things will change overtime, if we indeed start seeing real life usage with a great level of adoption but until then, we just have to get used to it. Also, based on what the OP said, I do not see how this inhibits the development or growth of altcoins as a whole lot of alts have grown since their inception and still growing.
Anyone who does not consider the aspect of losing, no matter how little, is really not ready to start investing at all. We are talking about a new market here that is decentralized, and what else do people expect ?

Stability should only be expected maybe when bitcoin has gotten extremely huge and by then, it is no longer about investment as an early adopter, but a currency as that is what in the long run, that is what is going to make it hugely adopted and in that stage, nothing much may be expected.

A stable price usually will turn the altcoins more like into a stock market scenario as bitcoin is kind of pegged to them as someone rightly said. This is the main reason why we have seen a lot of altcoins doing well whenever bitcoin is experiencing some consolidation. A huge level of stability in bitcoin is not even something anyone should be expecting at all. This is a decentralized market, there would always be fluctuation and it can only reduce to some certain extent once we get to see real life usage.
Bitcoin stability is important because stability will not need someone to get enough knowledge and then enter into this business but will give them enough time to learn during the overall investment process. Secondly, stability will make the market more positive and people will take interests in using Bitcoin more.

Beside the shadow of its stability the instability is also an advantage to those who can not afford Bitcoin. At low price people can easily buy Bitcoins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
https://eloncity.io/
April 22, 2018, 07:18:57 AM
   Bitcoin stability is important for people to feel safe. After all, these are the investments they have invested and everyone wants to recoup them. Stability is a pledge of investment in cryptocurrency and its development.
Activity: 350
April 22, 2018, 05:44:39 AM
The stability of bitcoin is important because it helps investors trust and continue to participate in the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin will create momentum for the cruptocurrency market and the price of bitcoin will be even higher. In the future, people will use bitcoin in the most common and effective way.
Activity: 123
Personal text: “The Internet of Sovereignty”
April 22, 2018, 04:29:14 AM
The stability of bitcoin prices is very important for both investment and bitcoin trade. As bitcoin price rises, the level of investment increases. The problem is that when bitcoin price is falling,  investors turn away from bitcoin, so bitcoin becomes undeveloped. What can make this is the nature of bitcoin, the price is always changing. This will also affect the price of altcoin, because bitcoin price can affect the price of altcoin. It will also affect the growth and development of altcoin. I think there is a need for promotion of bitcoin price stability, so investors are always comfortable and safe for investing in u my bitcoin or altcoin. I am sure, for those who are loyal to bitcoin will get a reasonable reward.
Activity: 650
Merit: 100
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
April 21, 2018, 10:27:25 PM
I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?
In my opinion Promoting Bitcoin stability doesn't really matter specially to those people who are into bitcoin for a long time. We all know that the nature of cryptocurrency has never been stable since then. All of us are aware of it that the price might be increases or decreases anytime.It would probably stop the inflation and we can consider that there will be no differences between Fiat and cryprocurrencies as Fiat will never change it's value so if bitcoins price would be stable it's as good as saying they were similar to each other. 
Activity: 176
April 21, 2018, 09:22:57 PM
I think promoting bitcoin stability is partly a matter of avoiding the alcoint crisis, major changes in cryptocurrencies activities, high inflation, and excessive volatility and alcoint markets. Instability can increase uncertainty, inhibit investment, hamper the growth of alcoint.
for your opinion.?
It is so very important that bitcoin stability must maintain because there are so many people that are studying so much graphs to trade some of it and also people will not buy and trust bitcoin if it has no stability their bitcoin can be lost anytime if bitcoin hasn't no stability.
Activity: 392
April 21, 2018, 06:34:55 PM
It's not important at all, in my opinion. Because those people who are already in the crypto for a long time now had already understand the price movement of bitcoin. It falls and rises drastically anytime so i think stability doesn't really matters at all.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
April 21, 2018, 05:42:15 PM
The real problem is at the heart of BTC itself; it's decentralized!

We cannot have the best of both worlds; a decentralized system with enforced stability.

Either we accept some kind of central regulation, like fiat currencies have, or we accept the crypto volatility as part of it's nature.
I think you're right which is why I think that the only thing that we can do is to accept the volatility for what it is, it will be nice to have the best of both worlds but if I had to choose I prefer a decentralized system which is not manipulated in any way even if that produces a greater volatility over a system that is regulated but that is not moving as much because it's manipulated.
Activity: 264
April 21, 2018, 08:19:35 AM
for your opinion.?
I think bitcoin is important to be stable because all ICO Project will never have a hesitation to conduct their ICO Project which people wanted to invest.
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 08:01:27 AM
Stable market is very important especially those who are user of cryptocurrency...  It is very hard to predict what will be our future profit because of the fluctuation happening in the market...  It will help also to lessen the other altcoin but not to erase their existence...  This altcoin helps bitcoin to develop more...  Having an stable value will help us to solve the common problem here in Bitcoin that's why ths state of being stable of the price ks important...
Activity: 178
Merit: 5
April 21, 2018, 07:54:07 AM
For me stability will make people believe that crypto could be used mostly everywhere, thanks to that those prices will pump and market will be recovered, but that is future in my opinion.

but on the other hand will be many investors who are less interested in investing, because bitcoin is no longer profitable for them if the bitcoin value becomes stable. and this becomes a bit of an obstacle to bitcoin growth.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
April 21, 2018, 05:14:18 AM
for your opinion.?

The main advantage of having stability is the added credibility, and that leads to more investors, stronger market, long term projects.

However, we must take into account that the traditional mechanisms used to keep fiat currencies stable will not apply to crypto assets due to their decentralized nature.

So, either we accept some central regulation as a price to pay for some degree of stability, or we keep the decentralized system and live with these major fluctuations.

What's your choice?

Activity: 60
April 21, 2018, 02:59:48 AM
for your opinion.?
your idea is right, promoting bitcoin stability is important to avoid the problem of alcoint crisis. This is related to what I have noticed. at a time bitcoin prices go down a lot of alcoint to follow it. but the time there is an increase of bitcoin alcoint hard to come back.
Activity: 218
April 21, 2018, 02:57:21 AM
for your opinion.?
I think because value and stability of bitcoin is important and tye equivalent of bitcoin is inportant and that is one of the factors of bitcoin that is why many people wants bitcoin and if the stability of bitcoin is important, if the bitcoin price is not that much low and also the stability of bitcoin can be an asset to attract more people and the people wants to invest more in bitcoin. 
Activity: 252
April 20, 2018, 12:34:21 PM
Because bitcoin has the biggest volume in the market.If the state of bitcoin remains stable, other coins may provide an increase.For this reason I want bitcoin to remain stable.
Activity: 336
April 20, 2018, 12:02:53 PM
for your opinion.?

I believe that most of the investors do not like bitcoins to become stable, bitcoins should not be stable because the volatility of the market will make you earn more profit and this is the reason why most of the traders likes the unstable prices of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 294
April 20, 2018, 12:01:40 PM
for your opinion.?

Because stability is very important for the development of bitcoin itself. Not just bitcoin but every coin will definitely maintain their stability, the goal is to be able to survive in the competition, seduce consumers, mendaptkan trust, etc.
As you say stability also affect the market price.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
April 20, 2018, 11:46:43 AM
for your opinion.?

If the bitcoin prices become stable, people will also not get returns like 100% or more in few days. That will reduce the interest of people in bitcoins.
If there is no stability that people are seeing here in bitcoin, then I don't think that bitcoin will still exist as of the moment, that is why people are interested in it because they have seen something great about this kind of invention.
Activity: 30
April 20, 2018, 10:40:25 AM
for your opinion.?

If the bitcoin prices become stable, people will also not get returns like 100% or more in few days. That will reduce the interest of people in bitcoins.
Activity: 413
April 20, 2018, 10:32:09 AM
on the one hand it is bitcoin stability is very important because I think the role of bitcoin as a form of way to conduct transactions must be balanced with the price stability possessed by bitcoin. but on the other hand it is certainly not profitable for people who want to invest in bitcoin. it is surely just how we will give perceptions on bitcoin whether for a means of transaction or investment.
Stability is important so that it make sense for investors that can have there trust because it has the stability by time. And also i think stability for bitcoin can affect to those alt who mostly based by bitcoin and go through with this.
Pages:
Jump to: