Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? - page 27. (Read 11234 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
August 29, 2017, 10:44:41 AM
I think bitcoin is currently undergoing a thriving transition period and there are still many countries that have not recognized bitcoin as a currency officially so when a country recognizes bitcoin officially impacts its ever-changing prices.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
August 29, 2017, 10:11:52 AM
Supply and demand are factors that makes bitcoin value volatility. A lot of investors and traders getting involve with bitcoin nowadays and the demand is high but have limited supply that cause it's value fluctation anytime.
Yes, this is the reason why the people are badly running after bitcoins. The high demand also makes the bitcoins every time rise high after very pump. Indeed when the people start dumping their bitcoins, value do decrease leading to dumping of the bitcoins and thus making them volatile in nature.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
August 29, 2017, 04:01:11 AM
There are factors that affects the fluctuation of bitcoins. You can read bitcoin's volatility issue here:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/052014/why-bitcoins-value-so-volatile.asp

Hope that helps!
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
August 29, 2017, 03:51:36 AM
Basically it is influenced by the small volume of Bitcoin scattered in the network, a situation where more Bitcoin traders than Bitcoin users, globally dispersed news affecting people's closeness with bitcoin / affect people's panic for selling bitcoins. Indeed, the current price movement is doubtful to buy it, better wait for a slightly decreased and use that moment opportunity to buy it, i'm sure for the future the price will continue to increasing.
Activity: 368
Merit: 266
August 29, 2017, 03:22:44 AM
Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

Me too! But I've been waiting and waiting for the price to come down. I've been watching for awhile but it keeps going up and up so I still don't own any bitcoin. I wish I could turn back the clock a few years to go back to the beginning. I should have listened to those insane fools when bitcoin was cheap.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
August 29, 2017, 02:50:32 AM
It is volatile because there is no fixed investment in the bitcoin. People can drive crazy themselves at one point and won't do much at another point. This makes the most of the ups and downs in the bitcoin market leading to its volatile nature. Don't forget altcoins are based on the bitcoin itself and vice versa when we speak about the trading volume. Just take example of segwit situation where bitcoin was dumped into altcoins for security reasons and that led to tremendous pump in altcoins value while dropping the value of bitcoin itself. So same thing keeps happening with bitcoin everyday which gives the volatility to it. It's safe to invest at this high too.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
August 28, 2017, 11:57:33 AM
There is a new token coming up that will tackle the issue of volatility through automatic diversification and AI trading. ICO is on September 14.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21143521
https://x8currency.com/
slack: https://x8currency.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
August 28, 2017, 10:43:27 AM
The volatility of bitcoin is because of the big changes in the supply and demand. This cannot be controlled as bitcoin is decentralized, people can freely trade bitcoin as much as they want. This results to a constant and big fluctuations in the value of the bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
August 28, 2017, 09:45:16 AM
Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

Bitcoin is decentralised and the market fluctuates very easily once the trading volume changes drastically. People have no limits on how much they spend on bitcoin or much they sell on it which leads to chain of events and the price fluctuates a lot. There is no limits that's why the whole thing is happening. However you need not to be worried about it because this fluctuation in the price is also the power factor for bitcoin to rise in the future. Once the price drops many big investors start putting us their money on it increasing its trade volume. So you can learn to take the opportunity soon.
Activity: 429
August 28, 2017, 09:19:17 AM

Bitcoin is volatile because its market value relies on the market demand. And since the demand changes from time to time, expect that its market value will also too. If the demand will continuously rise, Bitcoin will be highly stable. Don't be confused ro buy Bitcoin just for that reason, make money out of it instead. Wait for its price to dump before buying Bitcoin and sell it during the pumps. In that way, you'll earn big profit.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
August 28, 2017, 09:07:35 AM
Bitcoin is still at the infancy stage and we expect alot of price manipulations and pump and dump group. We should also expect new unprofessional investors to jump into the market which influence bitcoin price and also people see bitcoin now as one of the best investment opportunities and of a truth they perception is right. Buying bitcoin now is the advise I give people and in 2018 you will also will testify the results of your trade too.
Activity: 218
August 28, 2017, 08:57:22 AM
the main reason is that bitcoin is not only a type of money, it is also a kind of investment and therefore, investors buy bitcoin in order to multiply their money in the future. And there are also many traders who sell and buy bitcoin frequently to make money. Therefore, the price of bitcoin easily be affected and it is volatile.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 28, 2017, 07:56:19 AM

It is volatile because the price is so low. Imagine what a bank with 200 billion dollars could do to the price if they wanted to try something.
Once bitcoun reaches 1 million dollar, the price will be more stable.

Yeah just laugh, i know what you're thinking, but 5 years from now, when people stumble upon this post, they will say "damn, that dude was right".
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
August 28, 2017, 07:42:13 AM
there is no central authority to regulate, hence the price swings are so wild
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
August 28, 2017, 07:34:36 AM
I should've buy the bitcoin last month now it's  price is all time high. Shocked

Smiles... This is what it seems when fear overrides reason.

Fear to take a  risk is one factor that sets wealthy people from poor people.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
August 28, 2017, 05:33:20 AM
It is supply is fixed that is probably only reason that its too volatile. Noone can stop its moves buy pushing supply button. Bitcoin's difference is this.
Activity: 532
August 28, 2017, 05:31:07 AM
It is decentralized, investors can easily affected by speculations and it is scarce so any change in the demand immediately affects bitcoin's price.
Activity: 252
August 28, 2017, 04:56:00 AM
Bitcoin is quite relatively small market comparing to fiat market and I guess one of the main reason why the price is volatile because it is on the open market, anyone call basically trade it doesn't matter who you are. While the market capital is growing the volatility is decreasing, well that's what they said. We'll see.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
August 28, 2017, 04:22:18 AM
Supply and demand are factors that makes bitcoin value volatility. A lot of investors and traders getting involve with bitcoin nowadays and the demand is high but have limited supply that cause it's value fluctation anytime.
Activity: 336
August 28, 2017, 04:00:50 AM

Bitcoin is very volatile since its value depends on the movement of the market which is the supply and demand. If the demand from the people is high then the price of bitcoin will go up easily since there are many buyers but if there are more sellers than buyers then it has the tendency to climb down. Bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million coins and thus as more people are purchasing bitcoin its value will go up. If you do not buy bitcoin right now you will be left behind when its value is twice the value today. If you do not decide today when will you decide, if you continue doubting you will be surprised that bitcoins value will be 10k dollars in the future.

A few reasons added to this -

One reason that is frequently disregarded is, Britain's exit from the European Union named Brexit. This occasion prompted political and sparing precariousness in the Eurozone, and the Euro and in addition the Great British Pound.

Chinese economy log jam, and connected issues with the Chinese Yuan (CNY).

The Halving Effect. In July of 2016, a procedure called "splitting" of Bitcoins occurred. That is the quantity of new Bitcoins entering the framework through mining decreased from 25 Bitcoins to 12.5 Bitcoins.

U.S Elections and Donald Trump accordingly winning the U.S Election.

The Indian Government demonetized Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes. This prompted a cost increment on Indian trades. Bitcoin was exchanging at 20% premium in India amid November and December.
Pages:
Jump to: