Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Ethereum actually the only cryptocurrency worth GPU mining? - page 8. (Read 12025 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Its sound like you want a guaranteed investment and its not the way it works.

Its like the stock market, investment is always risky and you can lose everything.

Right now mining ETH is like free money, and who doesn't want free money. Opportunities like this are always short lived.
Activity: 325
Merit: 100

everyone here is talking like the mining will die after ethereum, there is nothing more wrong

we will talk about another more profitable coin in 1-2 years, guaranteed...

How can you be so sure?

because it happened like 3 times already or maybe even more? since 2013 there was always something to mine form time to time, it's not like ethereum was the only coin profitable since altcoin scene went all out

So what? Just because it happened 3 times previously it doesn't mean that it will be the very same thing from now on. I wish I could be that confident.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

everyone here is talking like the mining will die after ethereum, there is nothing more wrong

How can you be so sure?

because it happened like 3 times already or maybe even more? since 2013 there was always something to mine form time to time, it's not like ethereum was the only coin profitable since altcoin scene went all out

How can you be so sure?
Its a combo of the coin price, mining rewards and difficulty.

What about market cap?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

It will take a long time to roi if you don't own any preexisting gear already.  The 280x only hashes about 20 mh and if you spent 80 for the psu and 200 for the gpu that's $280, so you are looking at more than 3 months with free electricity.  Which I guess isnt bad but not that long ago you could payoff gpu's in about a month, also difficulty is continuing to rise more with the high value of eth.

you don't need to roi on equipment, only on gpu, equipment are always useful for future upgrade and future mining

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

It will take a long time to roi if you don't own any preexisting gear already.  The 280x only hashes about 20 mh and if you spent 80 for the psu and 200 for the gpu that's $280, so you are looking at more than 3 months with free electricity.  Which I guess isnt bad but not that long ago you could payoff gpu's in about a month, also difficulty is continuing to rise more with the high value of eth.
I don't understand why others ASIC resistant cryptocurrencies such as Vertcoin and Monero aren't worth mining. At all. It's not worth buying a high-end GPU to mine these coins even for those who don't have to pay for electricity bill. But I do. And it's pretty expensive here (~$0.121) .

I'm about to buy (1) R9 280x HIS R9 280X IceQ Boost Clock 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E DLDVI-I/HDMI/2xMini DP + (1) 750W PSU. I'm confident that I will be able to ROI, but it seems too risky because nothing else is worth mining with it besides Ethereum.
Pages:
Jump to: