Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 124. (Read 233197 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
December 27, 2016, 06:15:36 AM
Gambling is addictive because gambling players have different reasons why they are addicted on it. Some are always gaining profit on it thats why they are keep playing gambling games for more even profit. Some are always loosing they are chasing their lost fund on playing gambling. Some are just attracted on playing gambling they just enjoy playing it.
gambling addiction is not terrible, but the effect was very terrible for us all, the impact could be to the gambler even to the people around him.

People around them do not really get affected in any way, unless they are also convinced to join gambling. The worst part of the addiction is that you're losing most of the time more than you wanted to, and this happens to like everybody having this addiction. It's hard to get rid of it.
yeah actually people will always crossed the limit once they are gambling, hard to control over it. as the thrill in gambling makes you have no time to think twice, just do it no matter what as long as you feel happy and satisfied , gambling always be like that. addiction come from that excitement.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Massive price drop coming...
December 26, 2016, 06:32:25 PM
It is neurological and part of your brain and the human condition. We wired to be greedy so we must fight this greed with logic and reason.
Gambling can easily become addictive even if you just play it for fun because you want to see how much you will win like a "highscore" or if you addicted because of profits then it is even worse for you.
If someone is playing for fun and have other source of income then I do not think that he will be addicted to gambling because he will have to give time to his job and he will know the value of it without of which he will not be able to gamble again as he will not remained with any money in his hands.
Well i have my cousin that actually addicted in gambling even he has a good or great job and huge salary every month he will still gamble and honestly its affecting his work because he always late in his duty because of gambling in the end he fire from his boss, and i think his job is not important to him because he is still gamble even he is fire in his job.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
December 26, 2016, 06:23:37 PM
It is neurological and part of your brain and the human condition. We wired to be greedy so we must fight this greed with logic and reason.
Gambling can easily become addictive even if you just play it for fun because you want to see how much you will win like a "highscore" or if you addicted because of profits then it is even worse for you.
If someone is playing for fun and have other source of income then I do not think that he will be addicted to gambling because he will have to give time to his job and he will know the value of it without of which he will not be able to gamble again as he will not remained with any money in his hands.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
December 26, 2016, 06:08:30 PM
Its due to the feeling that you will always win in the end but in reality its just the opposite.  Cry
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 26, 2016, 06:01:38 PM
Gambling is addictive because gambling players have different reasons why they are addicted on it. Some are always gaining profit on it thats why they are keep playing gambling games for more even profit. Some are always loosing they are chasing their lost fund on playing gambling. Some are just attracted on playing gambling they just enjoy playing it.
gambling addiction is not terrible, but the effect was very terrible for us all, the impact could be to the gambler even to the people around him.

People around them do not really get affected in any way, unless they are also convinced to join gambling. The worst part of the addiction is that you're losing most of the time more than you wanted to, and this happens to like everybody having this addiction. It's hard to get rid of it.
Activity: 630
December 26, 2016, 05:03:04 PM
to me i think the main reason is that gambling hope for making good money in no time. i think bitcoin is consider as one of the most easiest and quickest way of making money therefore it addict people to play gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
December 26, 2016, 04:28:57 AM
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
December 24, 2016, 11:41:15 PM
I think gambling is soo addicting just because there is a chance that you can earn money.

You are totally wrong on this thing, you got absolutely no chance to win anything in the long run. In the short run you might get few in return depending on your wagered amount which is low amount as most people just wager with small amount and obviously jackpot doesnt really count in this. So if losing money is addictive for you then just keep on going ahead
I think what he is trying to say is we have a chance to win in gambling, and I agree with what he said, we all have a chance, otherwise gamblers will not patronize gambling for a longer time. The only thing that makes us lose is our chances is lower and sometimes we are indiscipline in such way that we do not gamble base on what the math should be but we do it based on what we feel is right.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2016, 07:47:41 PM
I think gambling is soo addicting just because there is a chance that you can earn money.

You are totally wrong on this thing, you got absolutely no chance to win anything in the long run. In the short run you might get few in return depending on your wagered amount which is low amount as most people just wager with small amount and obviously jackpot doesnt really count in this. So if losing money is addictive for you then just keep on going ahead
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
December 24, 2016, 04:48:48 PM
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2016, 03:53:23 PM
I think this is redundant, when there is someone whose hobby is watching football once a week, if we can say addict? It is same with gambler that we look. I think not, it depends from the point of view of us.
This kind of hobby you need to analyze the game first before you are going to place bet i have a friend who is addicted on sports betting football is one of the best choices i can say that everytime they had game he always present and always placing bets.
You can get addicted to literally anything. Most of the people are addicted to sugar, meeting other people etc.
And yes, once you do something over and over again and you feel nervous once you don't have it, it means you are addicted-
the other reason for being addiction is that when you have some expectation from some thing and when you get that expected result then you expect that again and again even if you are loosing for next so many time but still you are trying for getting the same result.
Activity: 1204
December 24, 2016, 02:06:59 PM
it is so addicting because it allows to win huge money if you are lucky enough

This why people are into gambling and becomes addicted into it. And the hope of winning big money with it for just small capital is very possible at all but at very low chance. And even they will going to lose big amount of it what comes to the mind of the people is that they have a chance to win bigger pot at it if they are not going to stop.
They also do it to try and gain back what they have lost in the past with their losing bets that they have made.
This is always the down fall of a gambler. To try and rake back what they have lost in the past.
It is kind of vicious circle :/
It's definitely not a vicious circle, there should be one who will give up and expectedly it should be us, gambling sites or house has a lot of money to gamble than it's gamblers and considering they have the house edge, that would only tell us to be very careful if we do not want to live in the streets in the future.
I am not sure that it is a vicious circle, but it is very difficult to get out of the game. You may be totally hooked on gambling, maybe it's because the game can generate a lot of money, and I think it is a game that is really interesting.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
December 24, 2016, 01:23:23 PM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

For me its because very fun and had a chance to double my money with very lest activity, also its feel great when i won alot money and feel good also when my "adrenalin" pump fast at the time i almost lost my betting..

Btw its all base on my personal condition and absolutely will be different fron others member here..
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
December 24, 2016, 01:01:45 PM
There are more reason why people are getting addictive in gambling first is by chasin there loses and two is by the greedisness people wanting to earn profit as much as they want and they not controling there self to withdraw initial deposit when they already doubled they bankroll for be this kind of strategies will avoid losing too much and you will enjoy the game by playing.
Chasing is the reason why people are loosing tone of money in gambling website ofcourse if i were the owner of the gambling site i will make a unique gambling where people will triggered to play where they enjoy even if they are loosing money most of website are 0 confirmation if they win already they can't withdraw there money which is they need to wait up to 2 confirmation before they withdraw there money/
Activity: 714
December 24, 2016, 11:15:00 AM

I think not just greed that makes someone get addicted, but also the desire of those who want to earn an income do not need to leave home or spend a lot of energy. There is no wrong things for all the people doing gambling because gambling is also one of the places that give you an advantage and also be one of the things that makes us become more quiet or entertained. However it was not utilized properly, or most gamblers use gambling for profit is great. So the game they do exceed the limit and they use it in a way that careless or not take into account first
Activity: 770
December 24, 2016, 06:10:33 AM
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
December 24, 2016, 01:28:47 AM

This why people are into gambling and becomes addicted into it. And the hope of winning big money with it for just small capital is very possible at all but at very low chance. And even they will going to lose big amount of it what comes to the mind of the people is that they have a chance to win bigger pot at it if they are not going to stop.
They also do it to try and gain back what they have lost in the past with their losing bets that they have made.
This is always the down fall of a gambler. To try and rake back what they have lost in the past.
It's definitely not a vicious circle, there should be one who will give up and expectedly it should be us, gambling sites or house has a lot of money to gamble than it's gamblers and considering they have the house edge, that would only tell us to be very careful if we do not want to live in the streets in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Oshi.io
December 23, 2016, 04:07:57 PM

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
December 23, 2016, 04:06:19 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 250
December 23, 2016, 04:05:10 PM
There are more reason why people are getting addictive in gambling first is by chasin there loses and two is by the greedisness people wanting to earn profit as much as they want and they not controling there self to withdraw initial deposit when they already doubled they bankroll for be this kind of strategies will avoid losing too much and you will enjoy the game by playing.
Jump to: