Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 213. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 20, 2016, 11:00:20 AM
That's practically a part of it's nature, it's addicting and annoying in that as well, I guess the only way to avoid or at least is best way to avoid it is avoiding it from the start.

but i think it is because that gambling is such a shortest way of earning money. have less time cunsumer and no hard work physically or mentally. therefore people all the time thinking that they can earn money in a very very short time. it is so attractive that make people compel to do gambling again and again.

Yup, that everyone who does gambling because it wants to get a lot of money in a short time. In addition they also have a curious high enough in any wagers are made.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 20, 2016, 10:56:48 AM
That's practically a part of it's nature, it's addicting and annoying in that as well, I guess the only way to avoid or at least is best way to avoid it is avoiding it from the start.

but i think it is because that gambling is such a shortest way of earning money. have less time cunsumer and no hard work physically or mentally. therefore people all the time thinking that they can earn money in a very very short time. it is so attractive that make people compel to do gambling again and again.
July 20, 2016, 10:36:29 AM
Gambling is only so addicting if you are winning unless you are just gambling for fun. When i am playing poker i don't care how much i lose or i win because poker is my favorite game.
if i ask you that what is the definition of a rich person. a person for me will be rich as i consider that he has a lot money. but he may not be thinking so. according to him will not be so rich in his one thinking. so i can say that no one will stop gambling because that he is a rich person now.
Activity: 182
July 20, 2016, 09:22:01 AM
how you all ever consider that sometimes a gambler is desperate?
or that it might see in that for him second chance or something similar

most of this is just fact but addicting to gable cant be very bad
People who do gambling is always desperate, if he win he's desperate to earn more. If he lose he's desperate to recover what he lost. So it fall under being greedy. Greediness is what we're talking about that might lead you to addiction.
July 20, 2016, 08:53:32 AM
Because i think it is would depend on your thinking because if you do always believe thwt you will win a big single bet that you keep on eoing it i always tell people who get addicted to it to go to rehab

Right, that all people who are addicted in gambling because at first have thought deep enough to do gambling, so when they do gambling. nothing she could remember, because they focused to get something he's mind in gambling. Agree, Rehab is one way to correct people who are addicted in gambling
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
July 20, 2016, 08:49:37 AM
Gambling is only so addicting if you are winning unless you are just gambling for fun. When i am playing poker i don't care how much i lose or i win because poker is my favorite game.
I think it is more addicting when you are also losing, that is when the real excitement be felt if you have experience both winning and losing in gambling. We are addicted because we are challenge that we cannot easily beat the system, especially in dice, even if we know that we cannot beat the system we are still like a fool creating our technique in gambling and hoping it will be effective.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
July 20, 2016, 08:18:12 AM
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
July 20, 2016, 08:01:12 AM

Although that is just temporary but we feel real job when we sometimes win in gambling and that is just normal as a gambler, on the next day we do gamble again longing to win more but we could end up losing.

We must accept whatever the results in the gambling but we must have the joy in doing it.

Yup! accepting really is the way so you would not regret and try to get back what you have lost in gambling in that way you will not have too many expenses in gambling and no frustration over what you have lost.

I don't think we can accept loosing while in that moment, But after that day you will just realize what you've lose before you can really accepts what happen. So after you realize what happen on that day be sure that you must learn something from it. small or big learnings must do. So for the next time you gamble you must know what will you do.

actually you have to accept some facts about gambling to be able to move forward with your life and not get addicted to it.

you have to accept that there is no life in gambling, and there is no consistent profit in gambling. only the house wins so either stop gambling or choose a game that doesn't need you to bet against the house and needs your skills to win.

Yes, there is no consistent profit in gambling. But it is also depend on you if how long would you choose to gamble, because if you can't control yourself in gambling. Gambling in the eyes of a people surrounds you thinks that it is a sickness, a disease, an addiction, insanity, and is always a loser in the long run.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 20, 2016, 07:11:13 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
July 20, 2016, 06:36:22 AM
Because i think it is would depend on your thinking because if you do always believe thwt you will win a big single bet that you keep on eoing it i always tell people who get addicted to it to go to rehab
Real people who play gambling addiction for profit. People will continue to bet even though winning and losing because they believe they will benefit.
Yes, chasing for benefits from gambling is the reason for gambling addictions. Until you lose all your money and social reputation, you will never come to know about the addictions of gambling. Basically gamblers are brainwashed while they are gambling so there are no possibilities for them to come out of gambling addictions.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
July 20, 2016, 06:23:25 AM
Real people who play gambling addiction for profit. People will continue to bet even though winning and losing because they believe they will benefit.
the fact that most people suffering loss rather than win must be a consideration for those who still think and believe they will get benefit or profit one day , they are too confident and pretty enjoying the game that can earn money in fast way.

it was really a reason why gambling so addicting for everyone.
July 20, 2016, 06:16:23 AM
Then if op really want to stop from gambling because instead of gaining profit he is losing more he can afford,  then he should go find an alternative way to earn than gambling in such way he might change his future
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2016, 06:11:23 AM
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 20, 2016, 05:51:11 AM

Most of their comments are according to their experience and most probably they are still aware of what they are doing, that is why they can still share about the reason why they gamble or how they were hooked in gambling..Maybe some of them are just basing on other peoples experience as a guide not to do it.

Sometimes a gambler could really be desperate, specially if the situations call.. when they need money or they have debts to pay because of gambling. It's like blaming gambling for their misfortunes.
July 20, 2016, 05:39:33 AM
Activity: 952
July 20, 2016, 05:35:21 AM

We can only be desperate in gambling when we are losing hard, chasing our bets is a sign of being desperate. A desperation to win by chasing our loses which usually would not end up successful. It is hard to apply desperation in gambling since the odds are not fair.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
July 20, 2016, 04:30:44 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
July 20, 2016, 04:28:44 AM
Certain factors of someone's life is always in question to gamble, it is an ancient mystery so I don't know why.
However I think the main reason why it is addicting is because we see it as a means of becoming financially independent.

That's not entirely true, even if you don't consider it as a source income, you will still get addicted to it, sometimes a gambler get  hooked in gambling just because he is seeking his losses or sometimes, because of pride that someone might laugh at him if he tell his failure so a gambler might just keep it and keep on gambling and wait til he win...
If a gambler would not accept defeat then he will be addicted because in gambling we lose most of the time and without proper bankroll management we will result to chasing loses instead of sticking to the safer flat betting.
true, the beginning of a gambling addiction is that a person becoming lost, and the person doing the gambling back to get the loss that has been suffered. concepts which express very clearly.
Activity: 952
July 20, 2016, 02:56:25 AM
Many people like to gambling and that is because you can have a lot of fun with it so that is really nice and you can even earn some money with it if you are lucky.
And people think that they can earn money in a fast way in gambling but that is actually not true.
yeah enjoy the taste and fun when you gamble especially when you get hit with a really easy in gambling. it will make you become addicted you will be missed and want to repeat it again gambling game. gambling games will always made an impression in your mind and you always want to play again

You got it right. That is the way of gambling. So if I were to convinced aomeone about it I would rather tell him dont try it or start even with just low capital or certainly you will be back for more and that wont stop.

Big things are starting from low. So if you are going to be addicted with gambling and you are going to have small capital with it.
For sure whenever you are going to lose then you are ready to invest to start out another investment and going to invest in much higher capital.
And that is very addictive.
Actually, people who are usually addicted are those who do not have a decent bankroll because they are easily frustrated when experiencing a heavy loses and they will decide base on their emotions which is a big no in gambling as doing this act will always end up losing everything.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
July 20, 2016, 02:53:57 AM
Certain factors of someone's life is always in question to gamble, it is an ancient mystery so I don't know why.
However I think the main reason why it is addicting is because we see it as a means of becoming financially independent.

That's not entirely true, even if you don't consider it as a source income, you will still get addicted to it, sometimes a gambler get  hooked in gambling just because he is seeking his losses or sometimes, because of pride that someone might laugh at him if he tell his failure so a gambler might just keep it and keep on gambling and wait til he win...

Well I don't think gambling is addicting because of that too. Most of the gamblers are professional and have enough source of income.

And they just tend to gamble because they are having fun with it and it is just a bonus if they are going win.

The thrill that they can get with gambling makes them addicted to gambling.
Jump to: