Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 276. (Read 233197 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
May 01, 2016, 01:54:28 AM
Why gambling is addicting? It is the idea of earning money without working. It's make you excited and it increase the dopamine in your brain. But in truth you will lose more time and money on gambling. The only one who makes money in the long run are the gambling operators. The gamblers will won from time to time but hey lose more next time.

yeah, but a big part of it is because of the risks, and the thrill that it give you when you play a gambling game. and that is why a lot of people still do it even if they are not making any money. the risk taking is in all of us as our part of nature. so we take these risks and what is better than gambling where there is earning potential too.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
May 01, 2016, 12:35:45 AM
Why gambling is addicting? It is the idea of earning money without working. It's make you excited and it increase the dopamine in your brain. But in truth you will lose more time and money on gambling. The only one who makes money in the long run are the gambling operators. The gamblers will won from time to time but hey lose more next time.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 30, 2016, 11:21:09 PM
nothing can stop the addiction to gambling. only one who can stop that is when you have become a very rich man .

I can only guess that you have a wrong idea here. There are actually many ways to stop addiction not just being rich.
Even the rich people still gamble and it's just for fun for them. Rich people have a different perspective on money, It's very important for them. 
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 30, 2016, 06:42:01 PM
nothing can stop the addiction to gambling. only one who can stop that is when you have become a very rich man .
if the only way to stop gambling is to be rich people, why so many rich people who play gambling?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
April 30, 2016, 06:37:33 AM
I also think gambling is addicting because its enjoying but I also think ts because people are greedy these days and want to make profit with gambling and will try it over and over, till they have nothing left.

It's our instinct, we tend to repeat or do things over and over again if we see that somehow it gives us benefit one time or many times...So if you win in gambling and love the way how you win it easily and instant, then there's a big possibility that you will get addicted..

That is right. It is called reward system. If we get something that we like when doing something, we tend to repeat it. And continously doing it, over time, we get addicted. There is no escaping it, unless you stopped before hand or you lossed a lot on the first try.
Lost on the first try it's same like all-in, right. i dont think it can help you to out from gambling as long as you still have money to gamble you will go back to gamble, the only possible way to out from gambling is your mindset.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
April 30, 2016, 06:21:16 AM
I also think gambling is addicting because its enjoying but I also think ts because people are greedy these days and want to make profit with gambling and will try it over and over, till they have nothing left.

It's our instinct, we tend to repeat or do things over and over again if we see that somehow it gives us benefit one time or many times...So if you win in gambling and love the way how you win it easily and instant, then there's a big possibility that you will get addicted..

That is right. It is called reward system. If we get something that we like when doing something, we tend to repeat it. And continously doing it, over time, we get addicted. There is no escaping it, unless you stopped before hand or you lossed a lot on the first try.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
April 30, 2016, 06:20:34 AM

What? When you are rich you're likely to want more, and people would even want to steal your money more. You're actually more at risk of gambling when you're rich, than when you're poor.
The true rich people know how important money is, they just go for gambling because they want to compensate themselves an excitement they can get from gambling. And knowing that they are rich they may be gamble a huge amount of money but I am pretty sure they can afford to lose it. So why worry about rich they have their own decision in life and majority of them make it the right way.

And i think rich people will not risk to lose gamble instead they will find another investment strategy. We may watch some rich people gambling when they are depressed but if they are in the brink of a bankrupt or they will get bigtime, there first choice would not be gambling.
We are talking here of extremely rich people, if this rich people is greedy then he would invest to another business to be more richer, for me their is no sense of being the richest if you cannot enjoy your wealth. You should have set a retirement age and rip the fruits of your labor by doing everything you want including gambling.
Activity: 280
April 30, 2016, 02:42:29 AM

What? When you are rich you're likely to want more, and people would even want to steal your money more. You're actually more at risk of gambling when you're rich, than when you're poor.
The true rich people know how important money is, they just go for gambling because they want to compensate themselves an excitement they can get from gambling. And knowing that they are rich they may be gamble a huge amount of money but I am pretty sure they can afford to lose it. So why worry about rich they have their own decision in life and majority of them make it the right way.

And i think rich people will not risk to lose gamble instead they will find another investment strategy. We may watch some rich people gambling when they are depressed but if they are in the brink of a bankrupt or they will get bigtime, there first choice would not be gambling.
Activity: 370
Forza Italia
April 30, 2016, 02:38:51 AM
The enjoyment we get out of gambling is what makes it addicting, it is important that we limit the amount involved although the enjoyment must be limitless but we should also consider the risk associated in gambling. It is true that if one experience more happiness in gambling because he wins and if he also losses the emotions of sadness is also deep. Therefore there should  a control in gambling.
Gambling is addicting to the most people and that is quite normal because we all like it to do and that is nice because it gives you also a lot of fun and it is fun to do.
But you are addicted when you cant control yourself and that is the problem, because than the chance will be also high that you can lose a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 1092
https://trueflip.io/
April 30, 2016, 02:37:13 AM

Activity: 294
April 30, 2016, 02:17:52 AM

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
April 30, 2016, 02:10:27 AM
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
April 30, 2016, 02:05:10 AM

Everybody wants to take the short path when it comes to becoming rich. And let's be honest, who doesn't? With this world that is ran by material stuffs, we all want to become rich. Some people will try their luck until there's nothing left to bet. Some people are lucky and gets the money they want. But most people end up having nothing left in their bankroll, because that's how gambling sites are made.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
April 30, 2016, 01:52:58 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 30, 2016, 01:32:02 AM
Some are addicted because they wanted to get back their loses,Some want more profits in it
profits to be earned in gambling chances are very small, just the luck factor that could affect these benefits.
legendary
Activity: 1092
https://trueflip.io/
April 29, 2016, 09:28:54 PM
The enjoyment we get out of gambling is what makes it addicting, it is important that we limit the amount involved although the enjoyment must be limitless but we should also consider the risk associated in gambling. It is true that if one experience more happiness in gambling because he wins and if he also losses the emotions of sadness is also deep. Therefore there should  a control in gambling.
Activity: 350
April 29, 2016, 05:07:04 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
SkyFall
April 29, 2016, 04:22:45 PM
Gambling is just so addicting because you can do it many times and you are playing a game and a game is always addicted.
If you like a game on the ps4 as example you will get addicted very soon because you are loving it and you have a certain feeling because of it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 29, 2016, 01:40:08 PM
Some people have this belief that you could turn rich in very short time.

confidence which is not feasible to emulate, if want to be rich then we should not play gambling business.
It let you think that you can be a millionaire of it but that is actually not true because there are a lot of people that is still gambling and not rich that is because they dont have luck.
In gambling you need to be lucky otherwise it would be not possible for you to make any profit with gambling the chance for losing is much higher.
Gambling is all about luck. That's why the risk is super high. And that's why people are gambling.

When people wins, they tend to play again to win more and more. It's human greed.

If you're addicted to gambling , you could try doing some outdoor activities or even play gambling with fake money. That could help feed your addiction without any risk of being poor / bankrupt.
Activity: 363
April 29, 2016, 12:32:14 PM
Some people have this belief that you could turn rich in very short time.

confidence which is not feasible to emulate, if want to be rich then we should not play gambling business.
It let you think that you can be a millionaire of it but that is actually not true because there are a lot of people that is still gambling and not rich that is because they dont have luck.
In gambling you need to be lucky otherwise it would be not possible for you to make any profit with gambling the chance for losing is much higher.
Jump to: