Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 277. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
April 29, 2016, 12:06:23 PM
Gambling is so addicting because its enjoying it has said so often but its the real truth if you think about gambling addiction.
Gambling addiction is because of greedy people that want to enjoy and make money..

It is all in the mind actually, if you set your mind that gambling can really give you profit then that is when maybe or sometimes addiction occur, but if you set you mind set on controlling your game and your bet on expenses I think you can managed in playing gambling.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 29, 2016, 10:46:05 AM
Gambling is so addicting because its enjoying it has said so often but its the real truth if you think about gambling addiction.
Gambling addiction is because of greedy people that want to enjoy and make money..
April 29, 2016, 08:52:25 AM
Some are addicted because they wanted to get back their loses,Some want more profits in it

Well I think it is more complicated on the way people think about gambling that they can earn a living with gambling and start a new life with it but the thing is it is true you can actually make a profit with gambling but a few people are lucky to get this and not all has the potential to make it on the top of the gambling career.
Activity: 616
I AM A SCAMMER
April 29, 2016, 08:52:06 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

I think it's because you don't actually "know" that you are going to loose your bitcoin.  There is the hope and possibility of all of a sudden becoming much more wealthy.  Each time you play, there is always that chance (even though really slim) that you will recover your loses (and much more) by just playing one more time.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 29, 2016, 08:43:52 AM
Some are addicted because they wanted to get back their loses,Some want more profits in it
Activity: 239
April 29, 2016, 08:19:35 AM
Everyone likes to gamble and that is quite logic because it gives you a lot of money if you win and you can get also a lot of fun and that is really important.
Gambling let you also think that you can be rich of it but that is actually not true.
Activity: 532
April 29, 2016, 06:42:26 AM
Some people have this belief that you could turn rich in very short time.

confidence which is not feasible to emulate, if want to be rich then we should not play gambling business.
I think it was not just boasting only dude. indeed gambling can make people rich I believe in it. because you can duplicate bitcoin easily in just one bet but not everyone can become rich through gambling Cheesy
Activity: 400
April 29, 2016, 05:55:23 AM
You guys realize this requires a complex answer involving how your brain works. It is about experiencing pleasure tied with learning and memory in your brain regions like the amygdala and hippocampus, which is part of the reward system, along with releasing dopamine and other neurotransmitters. I don't want to get into details you guys can google it, however the main point is, scientist classify gambling as an addiction along with other pleasurable activities like sex, even shopping for some people, it is not just drugs that you can be addicted to that was thought way back in the day.
April 29, 2016, 05:50:34 AM

Yes it is true that gambling is a risk to take but you need to be careful when you are going to bet because this will attract you more if you lose not win because every time you played you will slowly get addicted to it, first that they will let you win to win some and after that slowly kill all of your money, thats why you really need to control yourselves when you are gambling

Yes Gambling is risky but not anyone knows how would a gambler gets addicted to it or when will they will get addicted well I think it will depend on the situation, and you can never really tell if a person is really addicted cause they will act like their usual.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
April 29, 2016, 05:40:16 AM
There will be a lot of people that is addicted to gambling and the reason is that people cant control themselves and they are also not realizing that they are losing so much money.
And that is the bad thing that they are going to realize it too late.

Some of those addicted ones don't care that their losing money, they just want to have fun. There are also others that chases their loss, this will only lead to a big loss of money. They got addicted because they want to earn money fast and quick.

well some of them are so used to gambling that it is part of their lifestyle. it is like taking away internet from you and you will feel uncomfortable and may find ways to get back online. so to change that habit is really not very easy and in fact may need lot of supports from loves one.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 29, 2016, 03:55:41 AM
There will be a lot of people that is addicted to gambling and the reason is that people cant control themselves and they are also not realizing that they are losing so much money.

Some of those addicted ones don't care that their losing money, they just want to have fun. There are also others that chases their loss, this will only lead to a big loss of money. They got addicted because they want to earn money fast and quick.
Activity: 364
April 29, 2016, 03:37:35 AM
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
April 29, 2016, 03:30:46 AM
That's the problem when one make gambling as a source of income, they want to earn fast by betting on high odds without realizing their winning probability. And then if they lost they chase their losses cause human are greed by nature. By doing it regularly they become addicted to it and time will come they can longer leave it.

I think its the other way around. If you consider gambling as a source of income and not just for entertainment, you will be a professional gambler. And you will be wiser on your bets and will not fall for high odds. You will be playing safe to ensure a better chance of winning and a steady source of income. You will not be like an amateur gambler who'll bet on a whim. But you will study and consider every bet for their chances of winning.
Activity: 952
April 28, 2016, 11:10:47 PM
Gambling can be very addicted and this already has been mentioned by all kind of people, its of course true no doubts about that by the way.
I always through it was caused by a combo of two reasons and that is profit and the enjoying factor.
These two factors makes it so hard to stop with gambling in my eyes.
But those people who are in search of profit in those games can not find any relief and enjoyment in there, but will face tension and will be happy only if they find a victory in their life in the field of gambling. This continuous search for an impossible thing, leads to addiction after certain amount of time.
Indeed these people that are gambling for profit do not enjoy it, they are just greedy and want to win as much as possible.
Of course this is not possible with gambling but some people think it is and stay gambling.
You have to kinds of people, one of them is addicted by enjoying gambling and the other kind is addicted because they get blind because of the profit and money you can win.
That's the problem when one make gambling as a source of income, they want to earn fast by betting on high odds without realizing their winning probability. And then if they lost they chase their losses cause human are greed by nature. By doing it regularly they become addicted to it and time will come they can longer leave it.
Activity: 778
April 28, 2016, 08:39:16 PM
Gambling can be very addicted and this already has been mentioned by all kind of people, its of course true no doubts about that by the way.
I always through it was caused by a combo of two reasons and that is profit and the enjoying factor.
But those people who are in search of profit in those games can not find any relief and enjoyment in there, but will face tension and will be happy only if they find a victory in their life in the field of gambling. This continuous search for an impossible thing, leads to addiction after certain amount of time.
Indeed these people that are gambling for profit do not enjoy it, they are just greedy and want to win as much as possible.
Of course this is not possible with gambling but some people think it is and stay gambling.
You have to kinds of people, one of them is addicted by enjoying gambling and the other kind is addicted because they get blind because of the profit and money you can win.
Activity: 952
April 28, 2016, 08:34:10 PM

I don't believe that "gambling" is addictive by nature....No more than I believe that "work" is addictive by nature.  It are those people who have predetermined addictive personalities which find some things addictive....It is not the activity that's addictive, it's the person who participates in the activity who's addictive.  Anything can be addictive because some people are just addicts....For example, there are many who cannot stay away from crypto-currency....they go nights without sleeping, eating, or socializing because they can't get away from their computer long enough to be normal....It's the people, not the activity!
It's more on what a gambling would bring to people's life that make it addicting. If one thing offers you extraordinary happiness when experiencing it then people would usually try to experience and if they had a good experience they do it again and again. Most of the gambling addicted are poor people who gamble for fortune, they don't usually satisfied themselves because of their ambitions to get rich the fastest way.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
April 28, 2016, 06:06:51 PM

I don't believe that "gambling" is addictive by nature....No more than I believe that "work" is addictive by nature.  It are those people who have predetermined addictive personalities which find some things addictive....It is not the activity that's addictive, it's the person who participates in the activity who's addictive.  Anything can be addictive because some people are just addicts....For example, there are many who cannot stay away from crypto-currency....they go nights without sleeping, eating, or socializing because they can't get away from their computer long enough to be normal....It's the people, not the activity!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
April 28, 2016, 05:00:55 PM
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 28, 2016, 01:34:05 PM
Some people have this belief that you could turn rich in very short time.

confidence which is not feasible to emulate, if want to be rich then we should not play gambling business.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
April 28, 2016, 12:34:02 PM
~snip~

If a gambler has a target amount with his bets, he will surely won't stop betting unless he gets what he wants. But unfortunately, he/she just ends up having more and more loss than before. Thus, making his/her target amount more and more.

Some people really associated gambling in their life (including me before). The first thing in the morning that I do is make myself a coffee. I get bored when I just look outside and just simply drink my coffee. Because of that, I thought of playing while drinking coffee. And that's what I did. It became my morning habit to gamble while drinking coffee.
I think for mankind keeping target is not good in the gambling games , but we have to keep a limit of time for us, so with that we will not be addict to these games and we can find some time to earn from other sources also.
Jump to: