Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is no authority after btc-e.com? - page 2. (Read 4280 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 29, 2015, 02:05:31 PM
Probably because no one really knows where they are from.
So you can't say they are something illegal if you don't know which laws apply to them.

Unless money laundry is actually explicitly illegal in the whole world. Don't think that's the case yet Grin
Activity: 635
BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding
March 29, 2015, 07:03:45 AM
i heard that btc-e.com is russia based and USA authorities can't do anything
they mostly do what is against usa, they support such stuff
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
March 28, 2015, 10:46:02 PM

They do use cloudflare.com as a CDN, which is a US-company, so at least the US-authorities could easily track ithem down, and find out where they are hosted, and by whom! We know about NSA, the snowden stories, that chasing them down by pressing just one button could easily be done.

Then you are really naive, no offence. You misunderstand the role of those agencies.

The role of those spy agencies is not to catch criminals or make justice, but to oppress people and spy on innocents, like they do now.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Think For Yourself Question Authority
January 17, 2015, 11:45:28 AM
there should be a class action suit against them
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
January 16, 2015, 03:43:35 AM
it is a russia based exchange that follow rules of russian govt only
and about US Laws, it didnot apply to whole world they are just US laws not universal laws
That and the owners are allegedly anonymous. I'm not sure how they get away with that.
This is why. Since no one knows who their owners are or where they are based out of, no government is able to compel them to give up any information/assets.
Activity: 882
Where am I?
January 14, 2015, 11:18:31 AM
Most likely they are in a country that is not on good terms with the USA, so the USA has no course to go after them and the country they are in has no laws for this, no way to enforce them or does not want to enforce them.
Activity: 532
January 13, 2015, 12:10:16 AM
The owners are "anonymous" and from a Russian speaking country.

It is alleged that Russian authorities often turn a blind eye to fraudsters and let them commit their crimes because it causes losses for the US financial system and it is seen as a kind of economic warfare against the US. The same thing is probably going on here, with Russian authorities turning a blind eye to btc-e.
Their location is actually only speculated to be in or around Russia (most speculation is that it is based in the Ukraine) because the time stamp on their servers matches that time zone.

In reality however, even their approximate location is not known as they use a number of identity masking services to hide their true identitys
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 12, 2015, 07:39:32 PM
Investigations can take years.
Activity: 4
January 09, 2015, 12:23:36 PM
I've heard that owners of btc-e are Ukrainians, and developers are Russian. Not sure is it true, perhaps just a rumors
Activity: 583
January 08, 2015, 11:37:51 PM
Hackers stay away from btce b/c they dont want to fall in the meatwagon from the Russian bosses.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
January 07, 2015, 11:39:16 AM
In case you have not noticed. Russia is a haven void of the US iron fist..for the most part.
legendary
Activity: 1316
January 04, 2015, 05:38:19 PM

They blocked out russia for trading in recent months which seemed like a good move for the safety of ROW customer funds.
legendary
Activity: 1540
January 04, 2015, 10:33:35 AM
As others have said, they can't invade or piss off countries like Russia and China, so if you're planning on pissing off the U.S that's the way to go usually, America likes to talk about how tough they are but when it comes to trying to take on a country that has an air force at it's disposal they back down immediately.
legendary
Activity: 1316
January 04, 2015, 10:24:54 AM

They probably are looking at BTC-e & other trading sites, with online poker one day there was a problem out of the blue, the same might happen.  Or maybe they will all apply for a bit license.
legendary
Activity: 966
January 04, 2015, 07:39:52 AM
it is a russia based exchange that follow rules of russian govt only
and about US Laws, it didnot apply to whole world they are just US laws not universal laws
That and the owners are allegedly anonymous. I'm not sure how they get away with that.
Well it's really weird mut maybe russian goverment just doesn't notice it? Lol.
Activity: 807
January 04, 2015, 07:04:04 AM
How would one explain the sudden increase in US $$$ to the tax collectors??
Exactly how the IRS said to?
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-14-21.pdf
Ahh, so there'd be no problem, even with the allegations that the btc-e is a little shady? Iunno how in-depth the IRS would analyze everything
The IRS and FinCen are two separate entities.  Whether or not you are breaking any laws, and whether or not the IRS would even know and/or report that you are breaking any laws is completely separate from whether or not you are properly paying taxes on your income.  I have heard it suggested that the IRS doesn't care if your money came from drug deals as long as they get their cut, but I don't know whether or not that is true.  Moreover, as a layman, I can't really offer financial or legal advice, but the answer to that question (whether or not you are breaking any laws) might be in this document, and it might depend whether you are trading as an individual or a business:
http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/rp/rulings/pdf/FIN-2014-R001.pdf
I don't know whether or not what you are doing business as an individual or a company has any bearing on whether or not you can get in any trouble for doing business with a company that should be registered as an MSB, but that is a question for a lawyer.  However, the allegations in this thread don't lean toward money laundering, they lean toward tax evasion.  That having been said, I suppose can tell you that I am not aware of any laws that would require any bitcoin exchange to report anything to the IRS (I do know that securities brokers only recently had to start reporting the various types of securities over the last 3-5 years, and bitcoin isn't a security), so it may be that US citizens using BTC-E are in a position to evade taxes while BTC-E has nothing to do with it (IOW, perhaps the same US citizens could do the same thing on any other exchange, even if it was based on US soil).  Regardless, just because I am not aware of a law doesn't mean the law doesn't exist, so discussion with an accountant and/or lawyer may be a good idea here as well.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 04, 2015, 01:40:31 AM
I haven't used btc-e.com but isn't it somewhat similar to localbitcoins.com?
No, it's a normal exchange with BUY / SELL ORDERS etc. - you can cash out your Bitcoins to Fiat and buy Bitcoins with your Fiat. They are a little bit shady but in the business for years now!

Ahh, so there'd be no problem, even with the allegations that the btc-e is a little shady? Iunno how in-depth the IRS would analyze everything

No, it's a normal exchange with BUY / SELL ORDERS etc. - you can cash out your Bitcoins to Fiat and buy Bitcoins with your Fiat. They are a little bit shady but in the business for years now!
Activity: 807
January 03, 2015, 07:43:09 AM
Activity: 15
January 03, 2015, 03:10:23 AM
No problem with btce so far. It is good trading site, at least, for myself.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 03, 2015, 02:34:03 AM

Pages:
Jump to: