Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is no authority after btc-e.com? - page 3. (Read 4280 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 02, 2015, 11:02:52 AM
I haven't used btc-e.com but isn't it somewhat similar to localbitcoins.com?

No, it's a normal exchange with BUY / SELL ORDERS etc. - you can cash out your Bitcoins to Fiat and buy Bitcoins with your Fiat. They are a little bit shady but in the business for years now!
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
January 01, 2015, 11:51:42 PM
it is a russia based exchange that follow rules of russian govt only
and about US Laws, it didnot apply to whole world they are just US laws not universal laws
That and the owners are allegedly anonymous. I'm not sure how they get away with that.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 01, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
I haven't used btc-e.com but isn't it somewhat similar to localbitcoins.com?
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
December 31, 2014, 08:57:02 AM
it is a russia based exchange that follow rules of russian govt only
and about US Laws, it didnot apply to whole world they are just US laws not universal laws
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
December 30, 2014, 03:32:19 PM
their bank does require id
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
December 28, 2014, 06:13:26 PM
I've seen few posts that "few shady russians run it" but i know wich of this is true, and yes i have to dissappoint you, US laws don't apply to whole world, surprise?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 28, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

We know that btc-e.com is a major bitcoin exchange and lots of fiat money is involved. The operator of this exchange themself are most likely evading tax.

I have nothing against btc-e.com.. In fact, I really like btce-com!

BUT, I am wondering, why is no authority chasing them? Obviously they are violating lots of USA and EU laws. Laws about money laundering, no ID verification, and more. Probably some people already tried unsuccessfuly to sue them.

They do use cloudflare.com as a CDN, which is a US-company, so at least the US-authorities could easily track ithem down, and find out where they are hosted, and by whom! We know about NSA, the snowden stories, that chasing them down by pressing just one button could easily be done.

They are even using google analytics on their site!!! So that means, a lot of data of their customers gets sent directly to NSA.
So my question is, WHY is no authority trying to find out who they are and shut the website down???

Is it because the operators dont have US-citizenship? Or because its not hosted on US soil? I am really wondering...
Pages:
Jump to: