Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Ripple price going mad right now? - page 3. (Read 7601 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
December 19, 2014, 01:39:43 PM
I dont like Ripple, seriously you dont own your private key and your funds can be locked by them, it ridiculous perversion of the Bitcoin ideals.

XRP can't be locked?

They (Ripple) can lock your account pretty much like paypal;

I am not sure about that. Can anyone confirm?

https://wiki.ripple.com/Freeze
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 19, 2014, 12:32:25 PM
I have seen a lot of positive developments over the last few months.

I do not think anyone can say with certainty what is moving the price, but I would assume that at least part of it relates to the above.

These are all great developments for Ripple.  But really none of these developments mean the price should go up.  Every single one of these banks/services can buy $100 worth of XRP and have enough to make transactions for months. 

Why not? It's like a thriving penny stock handed over to them, for free.
It has all it takes to become a major vehicle itself.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 19, 2014, 12:16:42 PM
I have seen a lot of positive developments over the last few months.

I do not think anyone can say with certainty what is moving the price, but I would assume that at least part of it relates to the above.

These are all great developments for Ripple.  But really none of these developments mean the price should go up.  Every single one of these banks/services can buy $100 worth of XRP and have enough to make transactions for months. 
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The 4th industrial revolution!
December 19, 2014, 11:54:51 AM
I dont like Ripple, seriously you dont own your private key and your funds can be locked by them, it ridiculous perversion of the Bitcoin ideals.

XRP can't be locked?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
December 19, 2014, 11:22:04 AM
Another Aurora coin.  The "available supply" is deceiving as it actually isn't available, that amount is mostly held by Ripple employees who signed lockup agreements preventing them from selling for several years.   The end result is only a miniscule amount of Ripple is actually put up for sale and there's a bidding war for what little available Ripple there is.

This and sheep. I'll never touch Ripple.

Or Stellar.  They're both terrible bankster coins.

Whatever happened to ripple being some super centralized premine scamcoin?

Some of us still think that, for what it's worth.  I don't get the sudden hype around it.  Just because banks are taking an interest in it, doesn't mean the rest of us should.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Everyone should know by now that it's not a system that works in your interest when banks are involved.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
December 19, 2014, 11:10:08 AM
I think it poses a big question --- whether Bitcoin will remain due to it's advantage of being the first or will it be dethroned by others. Fact is that decentralization is the future. Everything that can be decentralized will be decentralized. Ripple is perhaps the last pathetic breath of the centralized money transmitting system that is based on debt (IOUs).
I think the advantage is the key point and bet on the advantage.

But even Bitcoin used for real transactions is of course based on IOU. Any money is and always will be. Otherwise it is not money.

Bitcoins have nothing to do with IOU's because there is no debt system inside Bitcoin plain and simple.

Also, how will the ripple network overcome foul nodes? Essentially the bigger the ripple network grows the higher is a chance that some node will be compromised or will go rogue and run away with money. the nodes could even practise some sick reserve banking. At least with bitcoin it is cool that all the nodes either follow the same protocol or become incompatible. ripple is a much more loose concept.
Activity: 326
Atdhe Nuhiu
December 19, 2014, 10:47:38 AM
I think it poses a big question --- whether Bitcoin will remain due to it's advantage of being the first or will it be dethroned by others. Fact is that decentralization is the future. Everything that can be decentralized will be decentralized. Ripple is perhaps the last pathetic breath of the centralized money transmitting system that is based on debt (IOUs).
I think the advantage is the key point and bet on the advantage.

But even Bitcoin used for real transactions is of course based on IOU. Any money is and always will be. Otherwise it is not money.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
December 19, 2014, 10:10:55 AM
now the dump  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2014, 09:17:26 AM
TIMMMMMMMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
legendary
December 19, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
Ripple crashing  Shocked

Stellar too Tongue some dude was so right about stellar a couple of days ago. Maybe he mentioned it even in this very topic? I wonder if there exists some technique already how to abuse these pump and dumps? Buy in at the first spurt and start gradually selling as it goes higher? Prices doubling seems to be very ordinary during pump-and-dumps and thus it would mark a safe bet when to pull out, right? I mean, normally pump-and-dumps make the price rise 3 to 10 times.

edit:
As XRP crashes, does that mean BTC will start to rise soon?
legendary
December 19, 2014, 07:54:42 AM
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
December 18, 2014, 08:29:42 PM

That was a different era. Seems to me people are more open minded about cryptos these days, premined and a certain level of centralization are ok. It's not like 2 years ago where there was Bitcoin, 2 alts and Rippnasty.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2014, 07:36:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
December 18, 2014, 05:50:00 PM
i like ripple as a concept and not a store of value. 
like bitcoin, ripple's value and usefulness remains regardless of price. 
on the other hand it's a controlled company and will not reform fiat just give banks more power over the masses.

And this is the reason why I will never ever support that shit!
Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!
December 18, 2014, 12:59:10 PM
2nd wave of profit taking incoming in 3.. 2.. 1..

1.9...1.8...1.7...1.6...1.5...someone is propping up this market with double tops everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 18, 2014, 12:39:14 PM
2nd wave of profit taking incoming in 3.. 2.. 1..
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
December 18, 2014, 05:50:48 AM
i like ripple as a concept and not a store of value. 
like bitcoin, ripple's value and usefulness remains regardless of price. 
on the other hand it's a controlled company and will not reform fiat just give banks more power over the masses.
Activity: 560
December 17, 2014, 06:44:13 PM
I found this from the Nu community forum:
https://discuss.nubits.com/t/nubit-vs-ripple/893 (NuBit vs Ripple)

It's a good find in a sense that it refers to a vulnerability found from Ripple's and Stellar's software (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ripplexrpstellar-coin-hack-theft-at-exchange-823064).

Proven to be nonsense. Justcoin made that up when their security was found to be lacking, and by doing so it tried to damage two sensitive projects by shifting the blame. The safety of the Ripple protocol has been pretty much confirmed by the XRP community. And they are critical, mind you.
legendary
December 17, 2014, 05:49:33 PM
Another Aurora coin.  The "available supply" is deceiving as it actually isn't available, that amount is mostly held by Ripple employees who signed lockup agreements preventing them from selling for several years.   The end result is only a miniscule amount of Ripple is actually put up for sale and there's a bidding war for what little available Ripple there is.

There will be more hacks, I'm pretty sure. As XRP price goes up they become target for hackers. Even if their protocol is secure their employees might not secure their holdings well enough. Also, a centralized corporation can be taken down, no problem. Seems like a classic pump and dump to me.
Activity: 378
December 17, 2014, 05:40:58 PM

Pages:
Jump to: