Author

Topic: Why is the price of bitcoin so high - page 136. (Read 15536 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 05:01:35 AM
The price for Bitcoin is so high mostly for the reason of its limitation (21 millions of BTC that exist). Add here the faith to this cryptocurrency of millions that are eager to invest into it and you will get the answer.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 06:21:37 PM
There is only so much Bitcoin that will ever exist, every day less and less bitcoins are being “mined”. Unarguably, bitcoin is very popular, which creates more demand for it. The supply however, is limited. That's were the basic principles of Supply and Demand comes in. You want a bitcoin, Everyone wants a bitcoin, but its limited. Which means that in order for you to get that bitcoin you need to pay more than me and the other person that wants a Bitcoin. There is more demand than available supply. Also, the legalization of other countries in using bitcoin might also affect its  value. Also the prediction of experts also affects its current value. And I think it will continue to increase.

This is a basic concept of supply and demand. And your argument is valid here, the supply limited and it's getting smaller every second. The demand is big and gettin bigger every second, resulting in the rise of btc price.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
November 21, 2017, 06:19:24 PM
Hello,

Im new in crypto and have a question (a stupid one).. I never really gave it much though and now i wonder.

Is price of bitcoin so high (compared to altcoins) because it is so much superior or is it just because it is THE coin - the original one.

Cheers Smiley

because its a tulpmania, people buy and hold bitcoin because they still think it will increase in value, as soon as that belief turns around and people start to believe it will drop in value the people will all start selling it and overflow the market
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 06:15:42 PM
There is only so much Bitcoin that will ever exist, every day less and less bitcoins are being “mined”. Unarguably, bitcoin is very popular, which creates more demand for it. The supply however, is limited. That's were the basic principles of Supply and Demand comes in. You want a bitcoin, Everyone wants a bitcoin, but its limited. Which means that in order for you to get that bitcoin you need to pay more than me and the other person that wants a Bitcoin. There is more demand than available supply. Also, the legalization of other countries in using bitcoin might also affect its  value. Also the prediction of experts also affects its current value. And I think it will continue to increase.
Activity: 336
November 21, 2017, 06:08:04 PM
The main reason is that Chinese people use Bitcoin as alternate source of hiding money from government as if they kept in fiat, they might be caught
Activity: 126
November 21, 2017, 05:55:08 PM
Media outlets are covering Bitcoin very frequently as of lately, and this helps bring in new people (therefore new money) to the crypto scene. We are still early adopters when you think about the grand scheme of things and the potential that blockchain has to change our society.
Activity: 10
November 21, 2017, 05:45:30 PM
Just like stocks, I think the one of the major reasons is because there is a finite amount of coins available. This, partnered with the increased speculation and implementation of BTC is causing the prices to skyrocket.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
November 21, 2017, 05:45:20 PM
CME has refuted 12 december as a day of bitcoin trading start. Price should go a bit lower but...nothing. Tether got hacked and some exchanges already stoping trades with USDT pares - bitcoin still 8300. WTF?
Activity: 130
Merit: 145
November 21, 2017, 05:42:04 PM
If BTC is to become THE digital currency then the price is actually very cheap now.  There are only 21 million coins possible while there are 7 billion people on the planet with more being born into a digital age where more and more people are using computers and the internet.  You do the math.
November 21, 2017, 05:33:59 PM
Bitcoin is the most known blockchain to the "average" person. A lot of people have absolutely no idea how it works (or is supposed to) but they have heard about it nonetheless. I guess its the privilege of being the first blockchain invented...
Usually there comes a time when the first become obsolete. The crowd that quickly believed in bitcoin just as quickly will turn away from him.
Activity: 364
November 21, 2017, 05:33:15 PM
Since bitkoyn was the first crypto currency, most people only heard about bitkoyne and about the altcoys, as a rule, nothing is known. The mass media also pay special attention to crypto currency loans; bitcoin. This explains the popularity and popularity of bitcoins. I think that in the future, as information about altcoyins grows, the situation will be leveled.
Activity: 182
November 21, 2017, 05:06:33 PM
Bitcoin is the most known blockchain to the "average" person. A lot of people have absolutely no idea how it works (or is supposed to) but they have heard about it nonetheless. I guess its the privilege of being the first blockchain invented...
Activity: 71
November 21, 2017, 05:04:16 PM
The price of bitcoin in fiat money will always grow, since it has a deflationary nature. The drop in prices is possible if it is completely squeezed out of the market by other more sophisticated ones.

I agree. The bitcoin or the bitcoin cash is deflationary. So their price will rise against fiat.
November 21, 2017, 05:02:11 PM
The price of bitcoin in fiat money will always grow, since it has a deflationary nature. The drop in prices is possible if it is completely squeezed out of the market by other more sophisticated ones.
Activity: 196
November 21, 2017, 04:59:19 PM
Bitcoin price is so high, because it has limited supply in nature and has a very huge demand to the mass. People tend to invest this type of business because it is more precious than gold and its popularity which trigger to pull the attention of the crowd to dig in it, due to short span invest high return.
Activity: 98
Merit: 17
November 21, 2017, 04:49:33 PM
Hello,

Im new in crypto and have a question (a stupid one).. I never really gave it much though and now i wonder.

Is price of bitcoin so high (compared to altcoins) because it is so much superior or is it just because it is THE coin - the original one.

Cheers Smiley
The price of bitcoin was so high because of the huge demands in the market.
And many investors are keeping to invest with it.
Its just an advantage that bitcoin comes first before any other coin.
And thats is what make it more superior.
Not its not means that it will always on the top.
You will never know someday there will come a coin that can surpass bitcoin.
I agreed with you sir. In addition to that, one of other factors why bitcoin now is in demand in the market was its popularity. It gradually know in the world as the strongest digital currency. So many investor catches the attetion and try to make investment. They will like it because of its decentralized system.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
November 21, 2017, 04:46:18 PM
I think why bitcoin market price is increasing so fast it is because of the popularity of the coin many investors attracted to invest in bitcoin, the many investors buying bitcoin the more it would increase because of the market cap supply demand increases normally the price of it would increase because of the investment demand of bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 120
November 21, 2017, 04:44:10 PM
Hello,

Cheers Smiley
The price of bitcoin was so high because of the huge demands in the market.
And many investors are keeping to invest with it.
Its just an advantage that bitcoin comes first before any other coin.
And thats is what make it more superior.
Not its not means that it will always on the top.
You will never know someday there will come a coin that can surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 15
November 21, 2017, 04:39:19 PM
Because whales find interest in bitcoin and start buy it. In the worse way FED start buy bitcoin to control BTC

What do you mean ? Who's FED?
Activity: 254
November 21, 2017, 04:31:26 PM
Because whales find interest in bitcoin and start buy it. In the worse way FED start buy bitcoin to control BTC
Jump to: