Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is there even polls about if BFL is a scam or not? - page 2. (Read 1552 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
You could take 100 orders for umbrellas, deliver 15 umbrellas, keep the money for the other 85 and disappear. That is a scam, even though you shipped something.

They haven't disappeared.

The scam BFL is accused of is misleading their investors into loaning BFL money in return for a small possibility of receiving a product in return.

There was no misleading. What did you think they were going to do with the pre-order money? Do you think all mining hardware companies are scams? They are all taking pre-orders.

Lies of lies on lies does not build a good foundation. And they are barely shipping a product that is not certified UL or FCC, that was/is funded by pre orders. 

Not building a good foundation or not getting it UL or FCC certified does not make it a scam.

Buying and smoking heroin is illegal and you should and hopefully goto jail for it.  Many of the things they are doing is ILLEGAL and they should and hopefully goto jail for them.

Buying and smoking heroin is not a scam.

I think callking BFL a scam might make people feel better, but it is a mistake if you want to try to resolve the situation.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I just said the first thing that came to mind, some thing on the news about to many people in jail for heroin use, bad example i edited it.  I smoke weed was a bad reference.
I'm not clear on why people say that BFL is a scam. I guess their definition of "scam" is different from mine, or perhaps I am missing something.

To me, a scam would be taking pre-orders without ever intending to ship anything. BFL is shipping miners, right? So, what is the scam?

I don't think the fact that they are shipping 8 months late is a scam, either. I doubt they intended for the delay to be this long. Without intention, how can there be fraud? No fraud, no scam.

I sympathize with the people that pre-ordered, but this is clearly a case of BFL incompetence, and not a scam.

I don't even know how to respond to this... Lies of lies on lies does not build a good foundation. And they are barely shipping a product that is not certified UL or FCC, that was/is funded by pre orders.  

Stealing from someone and operating a Ponzi scheme is illegal and you should and hopefully goto jail for it.  Many of the same things they are doing is ILLEGAL and they should and hopefully goto jail for them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I'm not clear on why people say that BFL is a scam. I guess their definition of "scam" is different from mine, or perhaps I am missing something.

To me, a scam would be taking pre-orders without ever intending to ship anything. BFL is shipping miners, right? So, what is the scam?

I don't think the fact that they are shipping 8 months late is a scam, either. I doubt they intended for the delay to be this long. Without intention, how can there be fraud? No fraud, no scam.

I sympathize with the people that pre-ordered, but this is clearly a case of BFL incompetence, and not a scam.

Intent to deceive. The "two weeksTM" was enough alone.

Personally any company that is caught being dishonest, I don't touch with a barge pole.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I'm not clear on why people say that BFL is a scam. I guess their definition of scam is different from mine.

To me, a scam would be taking pre-orders without ever intending to ship anything. BFL is shipping miners, right? So, what is the scam that they are accused of?

Bernie Madoff paid dividends to his investors for 20 years. Each year, he got enough new investors to pay off the old ones.
You could take 100 orders for umbrellas, deliver 15 umbrellas, keep the money for the other 85 and disappear. That is a scam, even though you shipped something.
The scam BFL is accused of is misleading their investors into loaning BFL money in return for a small possibility of receiving a product in return.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
The reason this is all taking place is greed. Basically the major motivation of almost everyone here at this point in time.
I, we, and everyone else just has to look in the mirror to see the reason why it can happen. Bitcoin will make us rich.
Honestly aside from the people that are hashing with big rigs that went out the backdoor from them, or one of the many script created alt accounts they have to spew fanboi bullshit, is a poll even considered needed to decide if their a scam?  Any person with a brain and i know ya got them people can do 20 minutes of research here and facepalm over all their lies.  What other company out there can get away with insulting customers potential and current, lie to customers about product, shipping, god you name it they've lied about it, get caught selling units out the backdoor, break the law in i can't list how many different ways.  Real poll should be the time until they fold completely and what employee(s) will get out with whatever $/BTC they have or have stashed in their own mining consortium(eclipse mining pool).   

To be clear i had a 2012 order that i had refunded thank god, i paid with paypal(wasn't easy but got it done). Just know others are fucked and sick of seeing people post something like "I sure hope this isn't true, looking forward to my order i placed in may of 2013".  These type of posts remind that there are some people that make purchases without any research at all.  Honestly how much money are they giving this forum so they can keep pedaling their fucking bullshit.
Pages:
Jump to: