Pages:
Author

Topic: Why move all threads regarding the fork to Altcoin Discussion? - page 2. (Read 1947 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Someone is playing politics. I would argue that those threads should remain in bitcoin discussion until it becomes clear if the fork is going to happen or not. If it will ultimately not happen then they belong in altcoin discussion, however until that it more clear, then the threads are discussing what will potentially happen to the Bitcoin protocol.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Theoretically since it is a fork that split from the official github page it should be classified as an altcoin.
If Gavin and Mike don't call it that, it doesn't mean that it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I was also dazzled when I saw that the threads had been moved.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Im puzzled why someone is moving all threads from bitcoin discussion, that speak about the coming fork, to altcoin discussion. Im not sure why anyone would think it has to do with altcoin at all. Its all "Bitcoin" that these threads are about.

I hope no siding is involved, things like that should stay in the proper subforum where it can be discussed. Pushing it to altcoin discussion subforum means that its misplaced and most probably wont be seen very often by forum members that are interested in the topic.
Pages:
Jump to: