Pages:
Author

Topic: Why not advance as a bounty hunter? - page 10. (Read 1246 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
October 07, 2019, 01:16:21 AM
Some people have been bounty hunters for a long time (e.g, for the past 2 or3 years) and till now, they are still on the act of hunting for more altcoins.
It is true that the reward hunters now get is so small compared to what was obtainable 2 to 3 years ago and not only that, it now takes more time to be paid than it was. So, instead of complaining, why not through some of the experience you have got, since your sojourn in the crypto space, explore other means through which you can earn more and fill your portfolio.

N.B:
This might be like  a vital information. There are lots of projects that did bounty campaigns (although not all), which have decided to extent the time of payment of tokens to their bounty participants. Whose tokens are growing tremendously after listing on exchange. Which means that traders and investors of projects like these get their profits before bounty hunters are paid.

DISCLAIMER:: Although, this is not an investment advice, but an observation, which i have decided to call your attention to.

Well, it is always an available option. But then it is one thing to invest, whether during the ICO/IEO period or during the time when the coin is already listed on exchanges, and it is another to just work for it. Investing in a coin is risky and you also need to have the money for it. Joining bounty campaigns on the other hand does not cost you anything except the effort given to fulfill some tasks and a little more for the payment waiting. But that is all. There is not much risk and money needed. That is the easier choice of course.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
October 07, 2019, 12:50:47 AM
Some people have been bounty hunters for a long time (e.g, for the past 2 or3 years) and till now, they are still on the act of hunting for more altcoins.
It is true that the reward hunters now get is so small compared to what was obtainable 2 to 3 years ago and not only that, it now takes more time to be paid than it was. So, instead of complaining, why not through some of the experience you have got, since your sojourn in the crypto space, explore other means through which you can earn more and fill your portfolio.

N.B:
This might be like  a vital information. There are lots of projects that did bounty campaigns (although not all), which have decided to extent the time of payment of tokens to their bounty participants. Whose tokens are growing tremendously after listing on exchange. Which means that traders and investors of projects like these get their profits before bounty hunters are paid.

DISCLAIMER:: Although, this is not an investment advice, but an observation, which i have decided to call your attention to.

Basically if you are going to observed the forum right now, signatures of experienced bounty hunters by rank will not going to depict that they are still hunting bounty. Mostly, members and bellow have altcoins signatures attached to mean, merely due to the fact that they can't join weekly campaigns that require higher ranks. Right now, what is important is the enthusiasm of everyone here on crypto space, to learn and share various information so we're all updated.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
October 06, 2019, 11:55:02 PM
Bounty hunting is not completely dead. There are good projects every once in a while, which rewards good. You just gotta find them, these will motivate you to continue.

Also, it's always a good idea to have a side gig, when you have multiple ways to earn money you tend to be less stressed.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
October 06, 2019, 11:35:50 PM
Most bounty campaign nowadays delayed their payment to bounty hunters because they are so greedy they don't want their bounty hunters to get their salary. It's also hard to find good bounties that will pay quickly and will have great value, just be patient bounty hunters our glorious days will come again.
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
October 06, 2019, 11:32:12 PM
There are a lot of bounty campaigns in this forum. But they all are not legit. Because some ICO and IEO projects are getting to scams. The next thing is some projects are changing rules with allocations of bounties and not paying to the bounty hunters end of the campaign. Another thing is distribution. Most bounties are going late to pay bounty hunters. Sometimes the coin prices have dumped in bounty distribution time. That means bounty hunters are getting low profits for their works.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
October 06, 2019, 10:53:28 PM

N.B:

I know, most of these things are usually used by big IEO developers, because they don't want the market to be filled with sell orders. Which incident can reduce transactions and of course value. It is true that from another point of view traders are very fortunate if they see potential coins, so to think of other ways to produce crypto is good information in my opinion.As a bounty hunter that has been around for a long time, I can understand the current conditions and and I've done a number of things that can produce benefits other than bounty.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
October 06, 2019, 10:23:31 PM
I got much money from become bounty hunter last three years but I have bad attitude with my self because I am really trust with some ICO project for long term, last two years I earn 100k coin and have good price about $2 in market, but I keep holding because I think at the future will raise tto $4 but price drop and website have scam.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
October 06, 2019, 10:17:15 PM
Today has been a difficult time to be a bounty hunter because of all that's happening/happened in the crypto space. 2017 was profitable but if you look at this year, more and more projects are falling off and exiting out if they didn't get proper funding which will cause all your hardwork to promote their project worth nothing.

There are other ways where we bounty hunters can utilize their skills and gathered knowledge over the years and still work for crypto. Be it writing articles, tweeting events, develop a dApp, and a lot more. It's a matter of finding the perfect project to help promote and being good in identifying if it's worth your efforts or not.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
October 06, 2019, 10:00:11 PM
I have been a bounty hunter for 3 years but the bounty is now difficult to predict which is more profitable, but keep looking for the best, then the results are good, and we don't just join the bounty because the bounties are mostly scams nowadays ...
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
October 06, 2019, 09:38:40 PM
Participating in a bounty campaign is one of seeking income without having to make an investment. Where we have to work hard to do it and now the bounty campaign has been different, which is not like previous years.

So, instead of complaining, why not through some of the experience you have got, since your sojourn in the crypto space, explore other means through which you can earn more and fill your portfolio.

I am happy with this point, actually in crypto there are many ways to earn income. Is what you say true, that it's better to look for income in another way.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
October 06, 2019, 09:09:19 PM
There's still at least some money to be made through bounties, and some people live in parts of the world where even the small amount of money that can be made from a bounty campaign still makes a difference, though I do agree that if you know where to look and if you have the appropriate skills, there's better uses of your time to earn fiat and crypto online. Most bounty tasks are rather simple and most people can do them, however, which might be why so many people are still bounty hunters even after years of doing the same thing.  
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
October 06, 2019, 08:51:39 PM
Now bounty campaigns give not much profit as before but I think it's temporary. Just need to wait new cryptocurrency market rise and we will see more new bounties.
Not all bounty campaigns gives small amount of rewards to their bounty participants , there are some bounty campaigns that gives much more bounty rewards , for example a bounty hunter join in a bounty campaigns and that bounty hunter joins aall of the campaigns , in the end of the ICO ,IEO the rewards that will receive is huge enough for participating in all the campaigns.
Activity: 630
October 06, 2019, 06:46:17 PM
Nowadays, the bounty is not too bright like a few years ago. Market conditions that are not conducive greatly affect. Moreover, there was a lot of drama: allocations were cut, periods were extended, tokens were locked for bounty hunters, distribution delays, etc. We can only accept it patiently, that's the risk, I just hope that this situation improves so that those developers who use the services of bounty hunters to support the expansion of their projects can be treated more properly. However, bounty hunters are also supporters of the success of the project, especially in building a broad ecosystem.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
October 06, 2019, 06:45:41 PM
why not through some of the experience you have got, since your sojourn in the crypto space, explore other means through which you can earn more and fill your portfolio.
If you don't mind, could you list the "other means". You see, these things are easier said than done. No one will intentionally want to be called a fool (this is what most projects do now to bounty hunters). I wouldn't want to be cheated but sometimes you fall prey to scammy developers. That's the price most of bounty hunters face, no matter how careful you want to be.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
October 06, 2019, 05:47:03 PM
It is true that the reward hunters now get is so small compared to what was obtainable 2 to 3 years ago and not only that, it now takes more time to be paid than it was.

Not just small, most of the time you will not get any payment, There are so many projects that scammed people, you will not get any payment of course, if they pay the BH still useless as they will just run with the money of investors and the token will not be listed to any market.

Some project who gets the success in their ICO did not pay the participants in the right time, if they do, they lock the token so it will stay on a wallet.
They will unlock it when the market is really down and the price you will get is more than 10x below the promised budget.

I just spill what i feel and what i see in the community now, i am not stop here! will surely looking for more better projects but i hope they will not tread the BH like this.
Activity: 686
Merit: 3
October 06, 2019, 05:39:17 PM
Now bounty campaigns give not much profit as before but I think it's temporary. Just need to wait new cryptocurrency market rise and we will see more new bounties.
Activity: 532
October 06, 2019, 04:54:16 PM
Bounty has not been profitable for a long time, it's true. I also think that we should look for some other ways of earning. It does not have to be a cryptocurrency, there are enough ways to earn money on the Internet. You should always develop and strive to learn something new.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
October 06, 2019, 04:43:36 PM
You can still earn some money as a bounty hunter but rewards are much lower than they used to be. The market is slowly recovering from a bear season and this is a similar situation to 2016 with the difference that in 2016 people were making money mining and in 2017 it was more of a bounty season.

You never know what 2020 will bring but the crypto ecosystem is evolving and don't expect it to be anything like 2016 or 2017.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
October 06, 2019, 04:40:42 PM
yeah that's right, bounty hunter is currently having a hard time, well maybe this is an impact that must be borne by bounty hunters, because investors lose trust in the organizers of ico, because of the many scammers, well maybe it looks unfair, bounty hunters campaign for a project without knowing it scam or not, and it turns out the project was a scam, as a result many people lost money, and experienced trauma to invest in ico
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
October 06, 2019, 04:31:03 PM

N.B:

lately it is indeed a difficult time for bounty hunters, low income and requires a long time to wait for the distribution date of the token, This year 2019 is a bad year for bounty hunters because it's not the same as 2018 ago, but I still believe that in 2020 bounty hunters will return to enjoy the good times like in 2018 ago.. so that until now I still remain a bounty hunter.

Would you mind explaining us, on what basis do you think that the bounty hunters will have a better time in 2020 ? As far as I have researched it seems like the bounty hunters will stop investing their time for ICO's based on the poor experience they had in 2019 wherein they didn't receive payment for some of the bounties, have to wait for a long time for some bounty only to be advised that it was a scam project and few bounties which paid the bounty hunters did it when the token value was almost zero.
Pages:
Jump to: