Pages:
Author

Topic: Why not just print dollars? - page 13. (Read 30043 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 505
August 01, 2017, 01:48:32 AM
Yeah, why wouldn't we all just print money in our homes and have as mush as we need. Things are not that simple. There were some examples in history where some countries have printed their currencis and made horrible mess in their economies. Just printing money causes economic devastation and break down at the end whic can't be recovered that soon.
Activity: 361
Merit: 106
August 01, 2017, 12:16:14 AM
I think if you print dollar, you will become a rich without working hard, you need to know the value of life ,if life getting easily you will not know how hard life is,as simple as you do not know the true meaning of being happy if you will not be sad. So give value of dollar.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
July 31, 2017, 10:02:28 PM
The state can't just print dollars or any other local money. It's in the law that there's no way for the central bank to print unlimited money. The more supply of cash in the society, the lower value of their currency is. The logic of this is like bitcoin, 21 Million supply and look we are near to reach 21 M soon and the price is too big already.

I don't believe there's any restriction on what the federal reserve can print.  During QE3, they were printing $80 billion per month.  The CPI which I consider bullshit, didn't even move much.  But the money goes straight to the banks and Wallstreet and the wealthy elite benefit from it.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts
July 31, 2017, 07:40:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpW_KMHlAmo

Why borrow dollars and then pay back by printing them?

Why take the long way around?

It ia just like planting a wheat in the middle of the storm or buying a luxury car and driving it in a deep blue sea. In the end it is nonsense. You just or the government wasting their time, effort and money to do that. And if it will happen the value of the money become low and goes to nothing.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 31, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

For your information, if you print dollars that will result to extreme inflation thus, making the value of money lower compared before. Even if it may seem a good idea, this is will eventually destroy the economy of one's country. Take a look at Zimbabwe, they have extreme inflation and the value of their paper money is around "one hundred trillion dollars" (check it on the internet) but in reality, it's just less than a dollar. Always remember the law on demand and supply because this is perfectly relevant to your question.
Logical explanation bro! I agree with you that printing dollar will simply dump its value badly. Dollar will lose all it’s worth resulting in extreme inflation. This will automatically destroy the economy of the state.
It’s absolutely a bad idea to print too much dollars.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
July 26, 2017, 10:13:50 AM

We cant just print as much dollars as we want. Every bank note should be backed up with corresponding gold value. If you'll print more notes than the number of gold reserves, the value of the note would depreciate and may lost their value. Dollar without back up gold reserves would be just an ordinary paper. It has happened before when a country had printed more money than their gold reserves and their economy crashed. It was called "mickey mouse money" if im not mistaken.
Lol! News for you that the dollar is not provided by gold for a long time! It's a well known fact. You can be certain of. America does not accept dollars printed until 1926. This is not because the current banknotes are better protected against counterfeiting. This is because those notes says that they are provided with gold and diamonds.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
July 26, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

We cant just print as much dollars as we want. Every bank note should be backed up with corresponding gold value. If you'll print more notes than the number of gold reserves, the value of the note would depreciate and may lost their value. Dollar without back up gold reserves would be just an ordinary paper. It has happened before when a country had printed more money than their gold reserves and their economy crashed. It was called "mickey mouse money" if im not mistaken.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
July 24, 2017, 07:13:24 PM
The state can't just print dollars or any other local money. It's in the law that there's no way for the central bank to print unlimited money. The more supply of cash in the society, the lower value of their currency is. The logic of this is like bitcoin, 21 Million supply and look we are near to reach 21 M soon and the price is too big already.
It is not about government and laws which is allowing central bank. If they are printing a lot of money. Then the value will be decrease by this method the economy of the USD will be drop down. Which will never gain the power once again because of a lot of printing USD. So i would like to tell you that if USD maintain their balance then it will grow more all around the world.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 23, 2017, 11:39:30 AM
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
July 23, 2017, 11:35:57 AM
It's easy to say that "why not just print money/dollars?"

I don't understand economics before but when I was able to learn about this type of things. I realized that this will make a country into becoming poorer.

Just like in bitcoin, the lesser supply the higher value.

Not necessarily "poorer", the currency simply will have lesser value. The ones that will be really affected are the people that live in that country. Without knowing at all, the prices of the goods and services go up because their fiat's purchasing power has went down, and in most places, it's constantly going down.
Government even imagine in its wildest dreams to print countless dollars. This stupid act will definitely put them into great loss. It would be really tough for them to again make dollar one of the fiat leading currencies of the world. You are right about the printing of fake money. I don’t think so that really affects the real currency of the state.
The printing of money is depends on the supply of demand and how money are circulating in the state, So If you are taking of printing lot of money then the market system will be destroy and paper money will became worthless if the mass production is being made.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
July 23, 2017, 11:25:45 AM
It's easy to say that "why not just print money/dollars?"

I don't understand economics before but when I was able to learn about this type of things. I realized that this will make a country into becoming poorer.

Just like in bitcoin, the lesser supply the higher value.

Not necessarily "poorer", the currency simply will have lesser value. The ones that will be really affected are the people that live in that country. Without knowing at all, the prices of the goods and services go up because their fiat's purchasing power has went down, and in most places, it's constantly going down.
Government even imagine in its wildest dreams to print countless dollars. This stupid act will definitely put them into great loss. It would be really tough for them to again make dollar one of the fiat leading currencies of the world. You are right about the printing of fake money. I don’t think so that really affects the real currency of the state.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
July 21, 2017, 10:50:46 PM
Maybe this is not the extent that things are happening these days, but it is sort of the direction we are heading to. The lovely thing about bitcoin is its capped supply limit, which will ensure that bitcoin retains its value while its popularity is growing at the same time.

That would only be so if it were the only currency, and production somehow managed to at least sustain. The first seems impossible, while the second isn't likely if the first happens.

The limited supply does help its speculative value atm, but the "cap" is only there for itself. We are without limits when it comes to alts popping up.
Merit: 256
July 21, 2017, 10:36:51 PM

If you understand the dynamics of the economy,you will know that when you print too many cash in the system, you will devalue the currency. Making it worthless point, take a look at the economy of Zimbabwe where people carry a chest filled with money just to buy food.

What a shame, printing a lot of them will really make one's country devalued. When I think of these topic, one couuntry pops up my mind, Japan. I just thought of these country to be good, but their money is also , I think, is devalued. I've seen a lot of things that is cheap at 1000 yen, the reason why I think it is.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
July 21, 2017, 10:32:00 PM

Simply because there is a regulation where in the total supply of circulating money shouldn't increase so its value will remain the same and don't get devalued.

I've been thinking these in my high school days when we have talked about how money was made and how it was circulated. I've asked my teacher about it because for me it seems intriguing.
My classmates agreed on me while I'm telling the question and my teacher starts laughing. She told us what may happen if that will be the case, and yes, will cause a huge inflation and may cause a big crisis. E
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 21, 2017, 10:24:41 PM

We can clearly see that printing bitcoins is a stupid idea as all it results in is the complete inflation of the currency that is being printed such as USD. This has happened before after WW2 when Germany had a huge debt to pay back to the Allies, and the only way they could solve this was to print more money. This inflated the Mark so much that you needed a wheelbarrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread.

Maybe this is not the extent that things are happening these days, but it is sort of the direction we are heading to. The lovely thing about bitcoin is its capped supply limit, which will ensure that bitcoin retains its value while its popularity is growing at the same time.
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
July 21, 2017, 09:28:44 PM
Printing more dollars just adds to the inflation.

Your dollar will continue to be worth less and less as more is printed. They are printing dollars and using part of it to pay off debt for sure.

You better believe it. Since the FED was founded the dollar hs devalued by over 97%. Think of it in terms of this, think of how bad it would be it Bitcoin went from being worth 2,300 USD down to 2.3 USD. That is how bad the Dollar has been.

That's the funniest thread ever, I've seen so far. I thoght people learn something about the economy in high school as well. Printing dollars only results a huge inflation which will trigger a serious world economic crysis. Nothing else. Inflation kills the economy.

It does surprise how people miss that alternate currency gaining valuation has this effect as well. Merchandise cost is adjusted to total currency flowing towards it. These coins add to the dollar, and else, that's already in circulation.

The reason this looming inflation beast still lies in wait is not only due to its current lack of circulation, but also the market valuation for the whole not yet being terribly large. For now.

Currency of any flavor being added to a world with other currency can only add to inflation. What can cause deflation, instead, is having an excess supply of useful products.

Having a bit of inflation might even be for the best, but we are talking about going from somewhat high inflation into monstrous inflation here. The adjustments will be paid by those that least can afford it.
Activity: 248
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
July 21, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

Simply because there is a regulation where in the total supply of circulating money shouldn't increase so its value will remain the same and don't get devalued.
Activity: 301
July 21, 2017, 08:54:52 PM

Because Bitcoin is a virtual currency, it is not material so we can not print or copy it. That is the essence of virtual currency. Besides, it has a limited amount to ensure that the market is stable and out of control
Activity: 215
July 21, 2017, 08:43:40 PM
Printing more dollars just adds to the inflation.

Your dollar will continue to be worth less and less as more is printed. They are printing dollars and using part of it to pay off debt for sure.

You better believe it. Since the FED was founded the dollar hs devalued by over 97%. Think of it in terms of this, think of how bad it would be it Bitcoin went from being worth 2,300 USD down to 2.3 USD. That is how bad the Dollar has been.

That's the funniest thread ever, I've seen so far. I thoght people learn something about the economy in high school as well. Printing dollars only results a huge inflation which will trigger a serious world economic crysis. Nothing else. Inflation kills the economy.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
July 21, 2017, 07:43:27 PM
That's why many of us are here, right? Stupid people won't be able to print money when they want.
Pages:
Jump to: