Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Paycoin (XPY) Failed - page 4. (Read 7698 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
January 02, 2015, 04:31:00 PM
I warned you guys. Many times
They didn't believe us. They thought we were crazy. But look at what happened.
In bitcoin we trust  Grin
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
January 02, 2015, 04:28:20 PM
I warned you guys. Many times
They didn't believe us. They thought we were crazy. But look at what happened.
Crypto is King.
January 02, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
Most people say that paycoin has not failed. Sure pay coin is still there, and you can still buy and sell it. But when the community starts turning against the coin, and lies are revealed about the coin, then it has failed. It has failed to be transparent, fair, and decentralized.
+1
Activity: 90
January 02, 2015, 04:25:13 PM
Most people say that paycoin has not failed. Sure pay coin is still there, and you can still buy and sell it. But when the community starts turning against the coin, and lies are revealed about the coin, then it has failed. It has failed to be transparent, fair, and decentralized.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
January 02, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Look at that font mind. I have seen that font used for websites from other scams (BitSwift).

Best proof I've seen so far
I was only saying, not as use for proof - but because I struggle to see why any project that has a marketcap of $90mil would be using such a plain font. It just doesn't add up in my mind.

It's in beta. Look at coinbase ..it doesn't look much different from paybase
Activity: 70
January 02, 2015, 04:18:52 PM

Look at that font mind. I have seen that font used for websites from other scams (BitSwift).

I was only saying, not as use for proof - but because I struggle to see why any project that has a marketcap of $90mil would be using such a plain font. It just doesn't add up in my mind.
Crypto is King.
January 02, 2015, 04:13:45 PM
No bashing intended Tongue Just for t3h LuLz Smiley
January 02, 2015, 04:12:58 PM
I admit it's not looking particularly good at the moment but it's a bit premature to say that it has already failed. The market cap is still hovering just above that of Litecoin.
Lulz, your btc name is Puberty and you just said 'premature'
Minus the bashing - this did make me chuckle  Grin
Crypto is King.
January 02, 2015, 04:11:07 PM
I admit it's not looking particularly good at the moment but it's a bit premature to say that it has already failed. The market cap is still hovering just above that of Litecoin.
Lulz, your btc name is Puberty and you just said 'premature'
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 02, 2015, 04:10:50 PM

Activity: 1540
January 02, 2015, 04:09:03 PM
Paycoin hasn't failed yet as a coin. It failed some almost every one of the expectations, as it was supposed to trade much higher and be integrated faster.
I think the main problems were the delays with paybase launch and the bugs it had, the massive security breach, the false promises, the hype with no substance, the fact their plugin cannot even work and breaks the TOS of retailers so if it starts to work it will be shutdown, the multiple last minute hardforks and general technical incompetence of GAW, the 350% inflation rate for select investors who likely are all or mostly GAW controlled, the sites crashing multiple times, the lack of price stability (-60% in 2 days?), the lack of merchant acceptance, the centralized nature of this currency, ect...  

patience my friend. It's not easy to stabilize a price at $20 when so many people are selling. Only time will tell the rest. Come back in few months or two and that'll be a better time to judge a coin. I don't care if it's a scam but I personally hate it when price dumps and people start running around calling it scam. Stop being so impatient.

January 02, 2015, 02:00:21 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
January 02, 2015, 01:26:45 PM
Paycoin hasn't failed yet as a coin. It failed some almost every one of the expectations, as it was supposed to trade much higher and be integrated faster.
I think the main problems were the delays with paybase launch and the bugs it had, the massive security breach, the false promises, the hype with no substance, the fact their plugin cannot even work and breaks the TOS of retailers so if it starts to work it will be shutdown, the multiple last minute hardforks and general technical incompetence of GAW, the 350% inflation rate for select investors who likely are all or mostly GAW controlled, the sites crashing multiple times, the lack of price stability (-60% in 2 days?), the lack of merchant acceptance, the centralized nature of this currency, ect...  
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
January 02, 2015, 01:18:39 PM
The problem paycoin had was being successful too quickly.

Apart from people holding the coin, no-one likes success in this community.

A coin becomes successful quickly -> everyone will call it a scam.

Most altcoins are called scam, even if they aren't succesful, that is why there were so many issues with moderation on this subforum.
Developers will jump at each other clawing and biting Wink

Paycoin hasn't failed yet as a coin. It failed some of the expectations, as it was supposed to trade much higher and be integrated faster.
I think the main problems were the delays with paybase launch and the bugs it had.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2015, 12:43:49 PM
Flag #1, never trust someone who has the word genius in their name. People should have run from this one.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 02, 2015, 12:10:06 PM
It was not a fail at all.
They take a lot of money from idiots.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 02, 2015, 11:35:59 AM

This is true, you could look at it from their angle instead and all of a sudden it's a huge success!

A bunch of crypton00bs gave their bitcoins in exchange for paycoins and actually believed they would one day be worth $20.
Activity: 311
January 02, 2015, 11:33:43 AM
Activity: 434
January 02, 2015, 11:31:48 AM

uh

is this for real?

thats not why.

This is why (from other thread)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
January 02, 2015, 11:30:21 AM

Pages:
Jump to: