Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Paycoin (XPY) Failed - page 6. (Read 7698 times)

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2015, 08:35:38 PM
In crypto its pretty damned tough to pin thievery, scam, ponzi on anyone. Look at those who walk away untouched.
We will never know the whole paycoin story. We do know Gaw will come out ok one way or the other.

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
January 01, 2015, 08:35:18 PM
That doesn't make it a Ponzi. I get it, the company is going through some shit and things look terrible. I could care less which way it goes. But the company does/did sell hardware and makes money in other areas that arent Zencloud and Paycoin. It seems every new scam is a Ponzi and the word is used out of context very often here

Fractional reserve mining companies are ponzi's by definition. They have to take a percentage of their new clients contracts to pay out their old clients to stay afloat. Paycoin is one tool to keep the ponzi afloat while other cloud mining companies popped. Paycoin isn't a ponzi in itself , but the company who controls it likely runs a ponzi operation.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
January 01, 2015, 08:32:43 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

Its turned out to be a very successful ponzi scheme. Maybe the best one we've seen in this space.

Gawd only knows how many million they raked in.

Today's volume alone is $431,707. That's almost half a million traded in one day!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 01, 2015, 08:26:01 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

Its turned out to be a very successful ponzi scheme. Maybe the best one we've seen in this space.

Why is the word Ponzi thrown around so loosely?

If it walks like a duck ... quacks like a duck ...

Seriously, its not looking good. Hashtalk is melting down ... people are really getting riled up ... now its offline.
Gaw needs to do something if they want to restore some faith and, above all, trust. They made promises and now they pull back. Not good.

That doesn't make it a Ponzi. I get it, the company is going through some shit and things look terrible. I could care less which way it goes. But the company does/did sell hardware and makes money in other areas that arent Zencloud and Paycoin. It seems every new scam is a Ponzi and the word is used out of context very often here
Agreed but was still probably manipulated by pump and dump groups. All happened fast which instantly makes me suspect devs had some role. It's a standard penny stock scam, not a ponzi.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
January 01, 2015, 08:09:01 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

Seriously, its not looking good. Hashtalk is melting down ... people are really getting riled up ... now its offline.
Gaw needs to do something if they want to restore some faith and, above all, trust. They made promises and now they pull back. Not good.

legendary
January 01, 2015, 08:03:24 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
January 01, 2015, 07:59:23 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

+1

GAW has some people who are convinced that letting other people mine XPY during the PoW phase was an act of generosity.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
January 01, 2015, 07:58:43 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

legendary
January 01, 2015, 07:55:47 PM
Paycoin did not fail.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 01, 2015, 07:49:54 PM
Activity: 84
January 01, 2015, 07:43:41 PM
I admit it's not looking particularly good at the moment but it's a bit premature to say that it has already failed. The market cap is still hovering just above that of Litecoin.
Activity: 90
January 01, 2015, 04:49:20 PM
So Paycoin. That coin that was suppose to become the next big thing.. GAW did so many things wrong. If your going to make a coin, do the exact opposite of what GAW did.

Here are a few things that they did wrong:
1. They kept pushing their releases back
2. Too many Q&A about things that were pushed back
3. They did not choose their words wisely
4. PoW failed
5. PoS did not take over properly
6. PayBase was pushed backed so long
... The list goes on and on

My point is, that this coin was a bad coin from the beginning. And what made it worse was that Walmart, Amazon, and Target publicly said that they are in no way affiliated or partnered with GAW Miners. WHAT! So these three major companies publicly say this. This is a big face palm moment. If I were you, I would sell my Paycoins.
Pages:
Jump to: