Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are buying when the price is going up and not when it is down - page 8. (Read 3971 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 100
For me it is tricks to avoiding harm , each one different way , i would rather wait up first bid to ensure his final will go up or down , can be said about the trick in doubt to control your emotions and more considered many things like the movement and analysis
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum
This is the psychology of people. It's very hard to buy when everything falls. Because it seems that the token will die
Activity: 550
Merit: 10
Maybe they don't know what they're doing just buying them and doesn't wait when it'll go for low price and sell it on high or maybe they're new here that's why they just buy them.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I guess this is because people are following their investment gurus and they are saying to buy bitcoin now because it is the trend and others are buying maybe because of FOMO and for earning quick profit in this bullish market. Most of these kinds of investors who are buying in this bullish market are gonna get hurt a lot when the market falls and they lose more than 50% of their initial investment, after that, they will never see bitcoin as a get the rich quick opportunity and will definitely do TA before making any entry trade in the market.

Completely agree with you, mate. People invest when prices are going up because of greed more than anything else. It's that greed which leads them to failure in the long run. The wisest decision would be to buy when prices are going down, and sell when they're going up. But newcomers in crypto don't truly understand how the market behaves. In this period of uncertainty because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it's best to accumulate crypto as much as you can since prices are getting higher month after month. This is not a guarantee that you'll be able to double or even triple your investment as crypto behaves in strange and bizarre ways. If you diversify your investments into various cryptocurrencies on the market, you'll be able to minimize risks as much as possible.

Given that people are often driven by money, they often make mistakes in crypto land. It's up to experienced people in the crypto industry to guide newcomers towards the right path. With proper education, people will be able to learn when to invest in crypto and when to sell their holdings for profit. Let's hope the market stabilizes in the future so that people won't lose all of their hard earned money in a blink of an eye. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
Because crypto always goes up in a straight line, and never sells off. 
Doubtful statement, as it seems to me, the graph of most cryptocurrencies resembles a sinusoid rather than a straight line.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Why people are buying when the price is going up and not when it is down?

Because crypto always goes up in a straight line, and never sells off. 
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
I think the main reason why people didn't buy when everything fall down that they don't fix their profit during bull market and when everything fall they just don't have free fiat to invest.
They were feeling worried with the possibility for the price to go down even more. In my experience sometimes the big dump can happen anytime. They didn't expect the bump can happen too.
That makes them all feel worried to enter in the market when the price is very cheap compared before it was getting dumped.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3092
Fear and that concludes to an emotional decision.
They're not looking into the graph as well, because if they did they could've waited instead.
Either they do not understand what they're doing at all or it is emotion.

The emotional side of the human make us takes some wrong decisions, i agree with that, but some people sell their coins at a low price because they need the money and that is not an emotional move. And more now under crisis times lot of them sell the coins because of a need.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Well that's the human psychology for you. We tend to get greedy and accumulate when the price is going up and fear to invest when the price is going down when we should be doing the opposite.
only because of this, smart people can make money in this market. it is important to understand how people think and to act differently from the crowd.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
I think the main reason why people didn't buy when everything fall down that they don't fix their profit during bull market and when everything fall they just don't have free fiat to invest.
When they were buying at the top and their coins are getting dumped and they will be feeling panic. it's very difficult to control the emotion for not shorting the market before we get a huge loss.
This makes people will be missing the bump that can happen anytime.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
Well that's the human psychology for you. We tend to get greedy and accumulate when the price is going up and fear to invest when the price is going down when we should be doing the opposite.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
Because they're just clueless follow the trend of market and looking for short term profit. They hadn't got to the point to predict the market's trend and make a choice according to it. Not many traders able to doing something like that so I don't blame them.
Actually they are more like fomo guys. Some of these guys as soon they saw the market or some news flash on their screen something fomo will happened. For example, the latest news on ocean protocol. Got listed on Binance and the price increase 35% probably they will go and buy hoping for a double increase. Sometime news like that is fake, and that 35% has been happened even without the listing. You can noticed that if you are observing the market fluctuations.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
Because not everyone can read a chart or doesn't know TA. They thought it is always the good time to buy well some cases it is but TA is very important coz it helps you to identify and analyze statistical trading trend.
True! In general, they don't know the proper knowledge, skills, techniques, and experiences to invest in this market. There  is always a golden rule that is "buy low sell high". Buying when the price is going up is also a common phenomenon of FOMO (Fear of missing out). That's the result of letting emotions affect decisions, and it's extremely harmful.

They are chasing the pump which is why when they see a coin's price is going up, they tend to buy as well to find out if they can profit while the price goes us and of course they also sell when the price goes down. If they just learn how to read charts, none of us will pump the coins.

Isn't everyone also got into this stage where we buy while the price is increasing up?
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
Because not everyone can read a chart or doesn't know TA. They thought it is always the good time to buy well some cases it is but TA is very important coz it helps you to identify and analyze statistical trading trend.
True! In general, they don't know the proper knowledge, skills, techniques, and experiences to invest in this market. There  is always a golden rule that is "buy low sell high". Buying when the price is going up is also a common phenomenon of FOMO (Fear of missing out). That's the result of letting emotions affect decisions, and it's extremely harmful.
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Chainjoes.com
Because when price going up meaning it was on the uptrend so there could be more profitable to make. While when price going down meaning it was on the downtrend and it will going lower so people don't want to invest in it yet.
I agree with you. In fact, investors only like to buy coins that are in a bull phase because that period of time is good for making a profit because investor sentiment over that period is very good. However, that does not decide anything so before deciding to buy or sell, you should spend time researching the project to avoid unnecessary risks when investing.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 112
Activity: 293
Merit: 105
Love is all
This is happend with me and I got stuck when I take entry at high level. People think that price is keep increasing so let's enter in it and once your buy bid filled price start Dumping but that kind of thing mostly happend with shit coin. If you are taking entry top ten coin then it's higher chances to recover your loss but when you enter in shit coin then you can loose your hard money. It's better to wait for dip and keep your emotions away from the trade. Many people loss huge money in ampl. It was going to 4 dollars and now its under 1 dollar. So do proper dyor before enter. Don't go with fomo. Its very risky.
Activity: 398
Merit: 100
The only thing I can think of when people doing that because they're FOMO. Yes, it was very much real and have strong impact on the price especially when a coin was in a booming period or rally. Follow the mass and fear of missing out is the basis of human behavior. Rarely case of people doing against the mass when it comes to the crypto market.
Activity: 573
Merit: 1
I think those people who buy the top and just those who FOMO. YAM surprised people last week  as it went as high as 100$+ people were rushing to buy the top then within 24 hours the price dump to as low as 5$ and everyone who FOMO bought lost a whole lot  of money.

I think if people are following a project they will know when a particular news is about pumping the token and if they  cannot get in  early then  they should stay off that token .there is always another opportunity .
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
I notice that when there the price is going up so many people are joining the train and they also buy because the price is going up and they are going to make a profit, why people are not buying when it is down when the price will eventually go up and they can make a lot of profit.  Huh

That's easy, a lot of people are often join when the market is on hype, probably its either they don't know anything in the market and just go with the flow or they are expecting the market to continue to increase its market price.

Having those mistakes instead of investing in the market when the market price is on the dump, there is no hype when the market is a dump and everything on the news is negative, that is why people or investors are discouraged to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: