Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are buying when the price is going up and not when it is down - page 9. (Read 3971 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 55
That's because altcoins are shit and everyone knows they are going to zero. People trade the trend and wait to dump and take profits. If you get caught on the top you lose. The altcoin market is pure speculation and noone believes that any of the hopeless altcoins will ever grow and become the next Amazon. They are trash. You know it, the devs now it and everyone else knows this.

Someone said that people are clueless. They are not. There is noone that cares about any of the shitcoins. They can dump 99% even after a 99% dump. These are your altcoins fundamentals.
Activity: 672
Merit: 109
I think the main reason why people didn't buy when everything fall down that they don't fix their profit during bull market and when everything fall they just don't have free fiat to invest.
copper member
Activity: 110
Merit: 2
Total Exchange (TEX) and Luxury Ledger (LXRY)
I notice that when there the price is going up so many people are joining the train and they also buy because the price is going up and they are going to make a profit, why people are not buying when it is down when the price will eventually go up and they can make a lot of profit.  Huh

The main reason could be that people who are buying when it goes up because they know there will be a dump after that price pump so after that dump it will go much higher then the last hit so they are smart and clever person and sometimes they bluff and risk money.

TEX-LXRY
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
Uuhm, do you only buy when the market is going up? Don’t you know that you’re taking a risk and what you’re about doing now is what is called FOMO?

Well, there is still time and you can go ahead and buy now that you still have that time.

But, it is better you get to know this early, stop to FOMO, it is not a good thing and you are taking the risk of being affected if the market suddenly gets dumped. It’s always best to get in and buy any coin during those times when they are low and stable. That way you wouldn’t be taking much risk, and you will as well be buying at a cheaper rate.
Activity: 589
Merit: 102
who buy when the price rises are day traders not for long-term investments and this has become commonplace because day traders only take short-term profits
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
I have a question about how many years have you been in the financial markets.
You must have heard the phrase 'Trend is friends' - the famous quote of longtime investors. If you buy on a downtrend, you are betting your money on the entire market. The biggest risk is losing all your money.

On the contrary, when we follow an uptrend, the chances are relatively high for us as the coin we invest in has more chance to be pumped, this market always needs such a crowd, we won't lose when things are still exciting and stimulating but if we enter a bear market, stuck and waiting is the first thing we can see. Of course, the angle here is just a relative of the trend and the nature of the market, a longtime investor always knows their flexibility in both markets, up and down, consider risks and opportunities
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
The best time to buy cryptocurrency is when you can, take some profits and move on. Waiting for some tokens to go down may be futile since the value may never drop to the level you want. I met bitcoin when it was less than a thousand dollars, but waiting to have bitcoin at that value now may be impossible.
I will tell you more, even if the price of the coin reaches the desired level (it does not matter whether we buy or sell) then this will not be enough because the notorious human greed will work against us.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
Buying because most traders feel its about hitting the bull run, eventually, buying when the price is going up helps give a lot of gain as might be considered short term gain in a perfect period, but not to a small input, that's why Whales are the biggest profit earner in this situation. The market is a situation where at every price there must be a buyer that's what keep the volatility of the market and make it more stable. So definitely, if every traders buys at low price then the market will experience a crash.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
Strategy and analysis when relying on emotions and lack of knowledge about market movements will carry over with the flow so that you panic buying to immediately get quick profits,
is that the trend now?
  where everyone wants to immediately get instant profit, but not accompanied by proper analysis Grin Grin
I guess this is because people are following their investment gurus and they are saying to buy bitcoin now because it is the trend and others are buying maybe because of FOMO and for earning quick profit in this bullish market. Most of these kinds of investors who are buying in this bullish market are gonna get hurt a lot when the market falls and they lose more than 50% of their initial investment, after that, they will never see bitcoin as a get the rich quick opportunity and will definitely do TA before making any entry trade in the market.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
This is called "quick profit" and many people want to get it by riding on the fomo train.
But we won't get profit it turned into a pump and dump works, that is only fomo trap.
My advice is, don't buy coins with this method if we cannot afford to lose our money because the risk of being loss is big.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 259
Strategy and analysis when relying on emotions and lack of knowledge about market movements will carry over with the flow so that you panic buying to immediately get quick profits,
is that the trend now?
  where everyone wants to immediately get instant profit, but not accompanied by proper analysis Grin Grin
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I notice that when there the price is going up so many people are joining the train and they also buy because the price is going up and they are going to make a profit, why people are not buying when it is down when the price will eventually go up and they can make a lot of profit.  Huh
Trading cryptos require some bit of knowledge people buying at peak or when the price is climbing don't really study price action thus trading blindly this is often said times without number that " buy at low and sell at high" mid July the price of bitcoin was ranging at $9000 to $9300 I believed that was the most appropriate period to buy and hodl its quit funny seeing buyers when the price is pumping probably may be just scalp some profits if so such a trader must have experience in trading.
Activity: 994
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
usually people buy when the position is up because of the trend if an uptrend occurs then all quality coins will go higher Usually this trick is done by investors to get profit in the short term
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I have a question about how many years have you been in the financial markets.
You must have heard the phrase 'Trend is friends' - the famous quote of longtime investors. If you buy on a downtrend, you are betting your money on the entire market. The biggest risk is losing all your money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

Maybe theyve never heard of the coin before it was starting to raise its value. Some people tend to buy when it is shooting up because of panic, the thought that maybe if they still buy now it would continue to go up. But for me personally, i wouldnt buy a coin when its going up
Activity: 887
yes, but we can't really blame them or the project itself. In general, the conditions of the Cryptoqurrency market are unpredictable and even increases in coin prices can occur at any time. Depending on your knowledge in determining which coin to choose, buying at a high price is not a problem as long as project development continues and the team is working hard on it.
Activity: 978
Merit: 250

When people has been falling into FOMO and they will out of their mind. So many times people bought the coin in irrational price and they will be feeling panic when they will be seeing the it as a bulltrap. They buy at peak price and sell their coin at bottom price
Indeed, many of us often get Stuck in FOMO. We think when the price is Pumping, it will continue to Pump, even though the Pump period is over, So what remains is only the Dump period, So we often cut loss or hold for a long time.
We can take the risk of pump time but we don't want to take the risk of dump price. We don't know the supply release this time, so we don't know the last dump price. From the last dump price we can take risk of cryptocurrency. Like now, this is a good time to invest, but we know that the Ethereum price is now 440 USD but last year was 100 USD.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586
Where exactly did you get to see that people were buying more when the price was going up than when it was going down?
As for me, I think people are constantly buying cryptocurrency all the time. Yes, there might be some increase in the buying rate when the price is going up, although I can’t tell if that’s true for sure, but I do check on Coinbase at the times when the price of Bitcoin is falling and the buying is still more than the selling rate.

There are always traders who are constantly buying without minding the market situation. It means different traders are following different strategies on where to buy and where to sell hence we cannot assume that all the traders are buying even prices are increasing. Moreover selling at higher prices than buying place is the simple logic what all traders are looking for hence even people are buying in up-surge they must be waiting for relatively higher prices to sell out.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
The best time to buy cryptocurrency is when you can, take some profits and move on. Waiting for some tokens to go down may be futile since the value may never drop to the level you want. I met bitcoin when it was less than a thousand dollars, but waiting to have bitcoin at that value now may be impossible.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Actually it's because of FOMO. When market goes up people think it will be up more so they buy. But after the market reverse, they realized that it was a mistake. Emotions work here and people panic after seeing the market go down and sell all their holding. Thats why pro traders always suggest to keep your emotions out of your mind when making a decision about trade.
And the most important thing is that it is not difficult to identify when FOMO is taking place, just look at what it is happening with ethereum right now, people are buying ethereum above 400 dollars and while there is a chance they are right and the price keeps going up those chances get lower each passing day, I really think we are close to the end of the positive movement for ethereum and when people finally realize this they are going to need to take a difficult decision as they will have to either face important losses or they will have to hold their coins until they can break even.
Pages:
Jump to: