Author

Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin? - page 117. (Read 58467 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 17, 2017, 08:59:53 AM
It is more beneficial to hold bitcoin than selling it when you get some profit. When bitcoin had reached $800 many people who bought $100 had sold mostly all their coins. It's 8 times the profit if you see and they got it just by holding their coins for few months. Many sold because of the profit they got but imagine if they didn't sell at $800 and were still holding it they could easily have got 20x times the profit. What you should i buy bitcoin and keep it as a security asset or as a retirement fund. Never sell bitcoin only because you are getting profit you will regret it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 17, 2017, 08:06:30 AM
People are holding bitcoin as there is certainly a future to it. Why would you hold any other investments such as bonds, gold, or stocks? Because you believe in them. Believe that the value will go higher and so will the margin of profit. Bitcoin is built entirely upon this network of user trust. Ergo, the more people believe in it - the more will hold into it and the more the value will go up. We have seen bitcoins value dip a bit here and there, but it has always ended up at a much higher value a few weeks, maybe months later. That is the main point of holding and that is why more and more people hold on to it.

Now its just this August 1 'crisis' stands in the way of many in terms of their willingness to hold onto their precious coins. I still see no real reason to sell.... Sure, you can get scared but you do need to think logically about this whole situation.

... the price fall is more than the rise

WRONG.
you need to look at the bigger picture.
right now you are just looking at a short period of time where bitcoin price has came down a little. if you look at a couple of months you can see a rise from ~$880 to $2900 and right now it is sitting between $2200-$2400.

even if it falls more it will still be much much higher than the couple of months ago.

with that said, did you get your answer to why people hold bitcoin

Agreed! 👍
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
July 16, 2017, 07:43:53 PM
I think to keep the bitcoin price is not too freefall because I heard there is a community that keeps the bitcoin prices stable. or people who buy bitcoin prices higher than the current price so they will keep bitcoin until the price recovers so as not to lose.

Well, it's good digital asset to gold. And even everything, I trust bitcoin very much, not like other altcoins. That's why I prefer to hold bitcoins.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
July 16, 2017, 07:41:35 PM
I think to keep the bitcoin price is not too freefall because I heard there is a community that keeps the bitcoin prices stable. or people who buy bitcoin prices higher than the current price so they will keep bitcoin until the price recovers so as not to lose.
Activity: 421
Merit: 100
July 16, 2017, 07:38:29 PM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
In this industry when you hold Bitcoin or any other altcoins, it is the main and better idea for us to gain big profit of bitcoin in the future. Aside from earning that they want to get of course savings is also the other reason's too.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 16, 2017, 07:34:30 PM
Theres a very certain reason why people are holding bitcoins. It is because the chance earning good is there and people wants to earn bigger amount. It is also proven that we can possibly earn big amount if we are going to hold until the price grows higher in the future.
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
July 16, 2017, 07:25:45 PM
The price falling not gonna happen for a long time.
It was only market correction.

And the reasons peoples still holding onto their bitcoin was because they have faith in it.
That the price will rise again if they wait.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
July 16, 2017, 06:51:20 PM
Bitcoin and other currencies will replace the tradirional money. I think, in latest 20 years, we will only pay with cryptocurrencies. Why? Cryptos usually are more transparent than traditional financial terms. So governments and finance instituts will enforce electronic money. Maybe with their own cryptocurrencies.

It seems like an overly optimistic opinion, we often think that digital currency will replace traditional money, but I think it will be very difficult, because not everyone can function properly. And it does not take a moment to be able to function it around the world.
Activity: 462
Merit: 254
July 16, 2017, 06:28:29 PM
Bitcoin and other currencies will replace the tradirional money. I think, in latest 20 years, we will only pay with cryptocurrencies. Why? Cryptos usually are more transparent than traditional financial terms. So governments and finance instituts will enforce electronic money. Maybe with their own cryptocurrencies.

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
July 16, 2017, 06:22:26 PM
The reason while so may people are holding their bitcoin now is that every one is expecting profit from his or her investment. So many evidence of people who have made a lot of money from bitcoin because they bought bitcoin when the market value of Bitcoin was around  $200. I believe who ever hear such stories would like to invest in such business.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
July 16, 2017, 05:53:46 PM
If you look at the development of bitcoin, precisely there is no concern for those who transact with bitcoin.
So there is no necessity to sell better to hold down a decent price so that it can be sold and gained profit.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
July 16, 2017, 10:30:39 AM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
Bitcoin experienced an unexpected rise two months ago and the Price rise is way too high than the Price decrease . And most of the people prefer to hold their bitcoin to sell when the price is high. As of now price is not stable so it its better to hold your bitcoin than to sell it .  People who are selling their bitcoin are probably scared of August 1. No one is sure if their bitcoin is safe or not ,so some are selling it and some are willing to take the risk by holding it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
July 16, 2017, 10:24:59 AM

Maybe they are waiting for bitcoin have higher price before August 1 will came. They are hoping that split will not be materialize and  I'm also hoping for that the price will rise up again.
Activity: 562
July 16, 2017, 09:58:12 AM
As of now many people hold their bitcoin because they know that there is a chance that the price of bitcoin will increase in the future. Furthermore, holding is a nice strategy to make a good profit and many traders do that. Lastly, I think it’s better to buy now bitcoin and hold it for a long time because it will help you to become rich in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
July 16, 2017, 08:56:57 AM
Bitcoin price has kept on fluctuating because of the upcoming bitcoin fork with the falls outweighing its gains and there is no reason Bitcoin hodlers need to panic as we should start to see prices easily raise when the current problems are fixed and demand starts to rise again...just need to keep holding a little  bit longer
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
July 16, 2017, 08:56:01 AM
I think many people hold the bitcoins because bitcoin's price will be more expensive in the future,
bitcoins be considered as new digital gold and digital asset, bitcoins can protect their whealty from inflation
so they hold bitcoins for long time.
Actually, there are many reasons why people hold their bitcoin. In addition to that, some people hold their bitcoin because there is a chance that the price of bitcoin will rapidly increase in the future and people believe to that. Holding bitcoin or any coin will help you to gain more income but it took time to wait.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 334
July 16, 2017, 08:54:42 AM
My reason why I keep holding bitcoin is just because btc has a high potential to rise up its value into enormous in the near future. Although, btc is now decreasing I will not panic to sell and still I will hold it because I have faith that it will rise up again and will have a higher value.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
July 16, 2017, 08:43:55 AM
As far as I can tell, the only reason to hold bitcoin for any length of time is the belief that its price will rise, not now, but in the future
Activity: 630
July 16, 2017, 08:39:57 AM
Although currently the price of bitcoin is really being declining but we have confidence after passing this phase bitcoin prices will increase again.
At this time of course should be a little patience hold bitcoin for a while until the price back increased and can benefit.
Do not forget yet that many users today sell Bitcoin, And others do not buy. And you need to think about why this is happening? But they are Bitcoin users confident and trust the future of Bitcoin. Therefore, everything that they bought will bring good profits. The main thing is not to panic.
Activity: 504
July 16, 2017, 08:32:59 AM
Although currently the price of bitcoin is really being declining but we have confidence after passing this phase bitcoin prices will increase again.
At this time of course should be a little patience hold bitcoin for a while until the price back increased and can benefit.
Jump to: