Author

Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin? - page 119. (Read 58467 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 16, 2017, 01:32:06 AM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
I think many people hold the bitcoins because bitcoin's price will be more expensive in the future,
bitcoins be considered as new digital gold and digital asset, bitcoins can protect their whealty from inflation
so they hold bitcoins for long time.
I certainly agree to that, many thinks that holding bitcoin will help to get rich in the future because they know that the price of bitcoin will increase rapidly increase in the future. Holding is one of the best strategies that you can do if you want to get and gain a good income. Many people hold their bitcoin and I think they will sell it when the price of bitcoin goes up.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
July 16, 2017, 12:40:03 AM
Most of the people are holding bitcoins for August 1. The price for bitcoin may eventually grow much after August 1. August 1 will be the future of the bitcoins. The price may be either be rised or even it may be dropped a lot. According to me, the price of bitcoin may be dropped below 1500$ in this month end and then it may start growing. I am waiting for the price to be dropped more then i will make some purchase of bitcoin for August 1.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
July 15, 2017, 11:01:00 PM
Whole cryptocurrency market is experiencing a dip along with Bitcoin. Thus, it doesn't make sense of shifting to any other altcoin at present. Also, selling Bitcoin at this price would be the worst decision because Bitcoin has the potential of appreciating. After all the events get unfold and the picture gets clear, bitcoin will regain its momentum. Therefore, if you sell at present rate, you gonna make a considerable loss that no investor would intent to. Moreover, people believe in Bitcoin. It always have proved to be a successful investment asset in long terms. It will prove itself this time too.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 15, 2017, 10:57:27 PM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
People tend to hold into their bitcoin because its price value is still low due to the  event that will happen within 2 weeks from now. People will start selling their bitcoins once the price value in the market pumps which is a good indication of more earnings to come and letting their hoard assets come out for selling.
Activity: 862
July 15, 2017, 10:41:13 PM
Everyone is holding back their bitcoin because it expects a very high price increase Wink
Activity: 882
Merit: 303
July 15, 2017, 10:50:32 PM
Everyone is holding back their bitcoin because it expects a very high price increase Wink
I agree. Since bitcoin's exchange price for now is very low compared to its previous price, people are holding their bitcoin because they are expecting that bitcoin's price will eventually rise up.
Activity: 952
Merit: 323
July 15, 2017, 10:29:41 PM

Because people sure after BIP148, Bitcoin price will be more expensive than before.
I think

only brave one that make this decision without any other second or third plan facing BIP148, but it doesn't mean that after BIP148 the price of the bitcoin really increase.
Activity: 210
July 15, 2017, 09:56:34 PM

Because people sure after BIP148, Bitcoin price will be more expensive than before.
I think
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
July 15, 2017, 07:26:32 PM

It has been proven that over time, the price of Bitcoin tends to go up. Even though it is a "critical situation" (based from you), people are still holding Bitcoin because they are holding it for a long term. So regardless if Bitcoin crash on the following days, people are just gonna hold them and would wait for the price to recover and achieve new all-time high.

... the price fall is more than the rise

WRONG.
you need to look at the bigger picture.
right now you are just looking at a short period of time where bitcoin price has came down a little. if you look at a couple of months you can see a rise from ~$880 to $2900 and right now it is sitting between $2200-$2400.

even if it falls more it will still be much much higher than the couple of months ago.

with that said, did you get your answer to why people hold bitcoin

It is better to complete the entire statement before saying that the claim is wrong. He/she narrowed down the span. Take a look at the poll question again:

According to the past five or six weeks bitcoin price study I've noticed that the bitcoin price is continuously rising and falling, the price fall is more than the rise and still most of the bitcoin holders are not ready to sell it. I want to know the rea
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
July 15, 2017, 06:50:28 PM
People are are holding their Bitcoin because they know that despite of the downscale on its value they are experiencing, they still believe that inflation will take place. It is still a long way for Bitcoin. In just a short period of time, way back last year, there is a huge increase on its value. In short, they are just waiting for it to rise again, which is not impossible.
Activity: 686
Merit: 282
July 15, 2017, 05:56:21 PM
btc price day by day increase. i think it is a best cause for holding.

Nothing else but an investment. Money begets money Wink. We buy cheap and sell dearly.
The price of BTC has fallen sharply and will be continued ...
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
July 15, 2017, 05:09:41 PM
People are holding bitcoin on the grounds that bitcoin has a high prospect. Although sometimes the price drops they are not afraid to buy and hold this coin. One more and if the price falls it does not take long to get back to normal
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
July 15, 2017, 04:01:06 PM
Most people are holding because of one reason and that reason is:
Bitcoin has never fallen below it's lowest low twice. It means that if it's ever hit a low of $200 for instance, you bought and waited for a couple months, you knew that you got more value in your hands, because it went up and down, but never again went below that $200. I think it's the confirmation of a constant market growth and Bitcoin's worth. If you aren't holding, you should think about it because you're missing out.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
July 15, 2017, 04:00:24 PM
You know everyday the price is changing,even if it drop bad,people with strong hand will still hold
All is temporary,so people with money and time,invest on bitcoin in long-term regardless the price now
Because years later the price will rise like what happen now,and people will wait for that to happen

Exactly, it's even the right time to buy up more and save for the future and stop listening to those doom mongers. For them it's better Bitcoin fails for them to establish their shitcoins in the market. I'm running out of patience for these guys.
Activity: 546
Merit: 261
July 15, 2017, 03:45:16 PM
You know everyday the price is changing,even if it drop bad,people with strong hand will still hold
All is temporary,so people with money and time,invest on bitcoin in long-term regardless the price now
Because years later the price will rise like what happen now,and people will wait for that to happen
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 15, 2017, 03:36:15 PM
Why people are holding Gold?
This short answer caught my attention, simple yet very meaningful to me. Why people are holdong their golds? The same answer to those people who hold their bitcoins.  They are waiting for the right moment to sell it, in short they are investing for a better and wealthier future. Because they all know, we all know that bitcoin value will rises just like the gold value

There can be different answers and reasons as to why people hold bitcoins

But you certainly don't have a clue why people keep gold. They don't keep it to sell, and they are not waiting for the right moment to sell their precious metal. In fact, many folks buy gold with the aim of never selling it at all, at whatever price. I've read it many times here and elsewhere that gold is a "hereditary thing" to be passed on to next generations. For these people (otherwise known as gold bugs) gold is not an investment as such ("buy now, sell later"), it is a lifetime possession if I can say so, like a family mansion, for example

In short, gold like love is not for sale
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
July 15, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
People hold bitcoin just like people hold gold, and moreover, bitcoin is in its initial ascending phase, so holding it will get substantial appreciation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
July 15, 2017, 03:21:10 PM

Oh shit, a 15% dip is now critical hahaha. What the hell? How new are you? Maybe you should move that chart back to like 2015. See? We're doing pretty damn good. If you don't understand that and bought @ 3k then you're pretty slow now aren't you?
It seems to me that the person who bought Bitcoin today will be able to win even before the end of this year. You do not need to make bad plans for Bitcoin. I'm sure that the Crypto currency will rise in price despite today's decline. Of course, this excitement was sent to the greater extent by forecasts for August 1. But everything will be fine and you do not need to panic.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
July 15, 2017, 02:57:29 PM

Oh shit, a 15% dip is now critical hahaha. What the hell? How new are you? Maybe you should move that chart back to like 2015. See? We're doing pretty damn good. If you don't understand that and bought @ 3k then you're pretty slow now aren't you?
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
July 15, 2017, 02:53:33 PM
Bitcoin halving that reduces mining reward does make huge pression to price raise, this usually make the price to double, several people are using bitcoin for savings purposes due to its potencial. Even with the market hot some people keep risking and able to make money with this hot volatilaty, pumps and dumps are part of crypto since the begining.
Jump to: