Pages:
Author

Topic: why should bitcoin! - page 22. (Read 1839 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 05:58:39 AM
Most of the people who I talk to on the street or the taxi driver or whoever do not know what is cryptocurrency. They do, however, know what Bitcoin is. It's like asking someone "have you tried this carbonated caffienated glucose syrup before?". They say no, but when you say the name Coca Cola, they say oh yea of course.

Also, Bitcoin is the only significant coin that was launched anonymously, right? Maybe that gives people hope, that it cannot be corrupted to the same extent that more centralized coins can.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
January 16, 2018, 05:42:57 AM
now many altcoin, sprung up between it all there must be in the place of investing other than bitcoin, all also have the same opportunity as bitcoin all promising profit

but why do more choose bitcoin as the place they invest?
In my opinion, the reason why people still prefer investing in Bitcoin rather than altcoins is because Bitcoin has proven that it is secured and its network effect. Most altcoins out there are very easy to manipulate, I'm not saying that Bitcoin cannot be manipulated but Bitcoin having lots of people that just holding it makes it is hard to manipulate the market of Bitcoin. When it comes to security there's no question that Bitcoin is still the best because the mining hashrate are distributed all over the world and it uses proof of work algorithm, unlike other altcoins that majority of hashrate distributions are obtained by mining pools. The popularity of Bitcoin is also one of the reason.
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 05:01:42 AM
We cannot deny the fact that bitcoin have a great reputation, also bitcoin I think is more secure to invest than on other altcoins considering that bitcoin was here for a long period of time.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
January 16, 2018, 04:59:58 AM
now many altcoin, sprung up between it all there must be in the place of investing other than bitcoin, all also have the same opportunity as bitcoin all promising profit

but why do more choose bitcoin as the place they invest?
Pages:
Jump to: