Pages:
Author

Topic: WHY SHOULD YOU BOYCOTT ICOS THAT DEMAND KYC? - page 2. (Read 642 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Will definitely use it!
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
i think the KYC system is good. this is a transparancy to make sure that the investors and any related to the ICO get their token. and the token that they use is not for a criminal thing. this KYC is already used in the conventional bank long time ago, so for now this is just kind of a collaboration between an ICO and old idea. maybe until we find a good alternatives and solutions about this case.
Activity: 10
KYC for ICO is a complete nonsense, since most of them accept crypto only.
I strongly believe that KYC should be performed only when fiat money is exchanged with crypto.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
Are you serious? I hope you know what you are talking about. What if that ICO really is promising and composing of well known and big time team members? What if that ICO already built strong partnership before they will be released in the market? They demand KYC because they have to comply with the rules and regulations set in cryptocurrency to avoid Anti Money Laundering just like what other trading platform does.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
I consider KYC positively a good protection for investors and I am not boycotting.  Anonimity is always the game of crypto and there are people who are taking advantage of it.  KYC protects crypto from being used for money laundering and illegal deeds.
LOL, how come you can trust strange people to protect investors personal data?
Even big company like Facebook can leak your data. The crypto world is very so wild, so do not believe in any stranger people easily. I do not think it should be boycotted. A few months ahead I think everyone will be more aware of the importance of personal data. The more people fear of spreading personal data, the ICOs that use KYC will not have big participants.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
I find it disgusting that an open based platform like ethereum holds so many bankster minded operators of ICO on it's platform demanding kyc for community that it's value is in opposite of KYC! We can not let this continue because we are for freedom not bondage!
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
I personally don't like the KYC requirement but i think this trend is hard to stop. Almost every ICOs nowadays requires KYC in order to compliant with SEC regulations. Crypterium was the last ICO i invested in that didn't requires KYC.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
KYC (Know Your Customer) is an infamous procedure we have mostly run into while dealing with banks.
Sadly for the whole blockchain industry we see many ICOs demanding KYC in vain.
Read below why you should boycott such ICOs:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/why-you-should-boycott-icos-that-demand-kyc-29a5b43904fb

For me the main reason I wouldn't participate in an ICO that requires KYC (never say never though), is because since there is no guarantee the ICO will be successful or even meet its softcap, why should I share my info with a project that might not even launch? Why should they make more money for selling my data? ... Please note I always research every project I invest in, in depth, but wanting it or not, luck also plays a factor in the success of the project.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
KYC (Know Your Customer) is an infamous procedure we have mostly run into while dealing with banks.
Sadly for the whole blockchain industry we see many ICOs demanding KYC in vain.
Read below why you should boycott such ICOs:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/why-you-should-boycott-icos-that-demand-kyc-29a5b43904fb

Why do you have to boycott such ICOs? For me, I don't boycott ICOs simply because they are asking for KYC. I invest in ICOs because my personal assessment and the reviews I read about their project are saying that they are going to become successful. The KYC will follow much later. If I found out that the ICO I want to invest asks for KYC then I will just comply rather than totally forgetting the prospective gain that I will have from such ICO investment.
Activity: 3
Unfortunately I see it as a necessary evil as cryptocurrencies make their way into the mainstream.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I don't think KYC is necessary.
Because KYC authentication violated the principle of cryptographic money market anonymity, I did not agree that the bounty thread should be KYC.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
I will never ever invest in an ICO that makes KYC mandatory. The article explains well all the risks of taking part of the KYC process.
IMO the main risk is a leak of personal data. What happens if the ICO turns into a scam or if the team doesn't secure the data properly?

that's exactly how it looks like. i do not want to give my data to any people i do not know. no one can say what's really going on with the data. therefore, i also renounce icos, that kyc demands.
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
I will never ever invest in an ICO that makes KYC mandatory. The article explains well all the risks of taking part of the KYC process.
IMO the main risk is a leak of personal data. What happens if the ICO turns into a scam or if the team doesn't secure the data properly?
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
I am also not in favor of ICO that demand kyc to the bounty hunters since they will already know your true identity and who knows that someday it will leak information of the person giving their identities and will be use in illegal activity like scamming or hacking of the person's account. Anonymity will never serve it's purpose in the crypto currency community.
Activity: 5
At the end of the day, KYC verification is for the better. It will reduce the threat of criminals participating in icos and lead to a better crypto community as a whole
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
I always avoid ICOs that demand KYC. I think they don't need KYC, so why they are demanding it. The cryptocurrency is famous for its anonymity, so if you connect it to a specific person then all the benefits of cryptocurrencies are gone.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
ICOs that demand kyc most times do so to work in accordance with certain regulations in their host countries and also not to violate some international money laundering laws that are operational in their host countries but that in most cases causes hindrances to investors who want to remain anonymous in the blockchain technology and most cases are not too good. thanks
POM
Activity: 547
Merit: 254
It’ll be very interesting to read all comments here Smiley I don’t know what community think about this but for me, i just don’t like when they said Kyc is required. Probably there is nothing we can do about that.
Activity: 9
What a great offer for 1,000,000 CPC.
Activity: 226
Merit: 14
BaanX
KYC totally opposite to the crypto world, plus they can hacked and our identities can leak .. maybe some bad guys will use our infos for further actions who knows ..
Yes that's why i don't give my information online and my real email address. If i joined campaign that requires KYC i get my sisters i.d and sign her up on the whitelist and after ico i give her a bonus. I am not convince of this KYC thing seriously.
Pages:
Jump to: