Pages:
Author

Topic: WHY SHOULD YOU BOYCOTT ICOS THAT DEMAND KYC? - page 6. (Read 642 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I don't like KYC requirements but as one said they try to play safe. Maybe they become more reputable project too by doing KYC.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
The fact is that right now 90+% of legitimate ICOs are requiring KYC. Especially the ones that stands out from the crowd and where the most ROI can be made. So in boycotting these you basically loose most of the opportunity to make big gains (ofc if that is your purpose in the crypto space).
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
First, most of the bounty threads do not require KYC data.
Most people resist the need for a KYC bounty thread because it exposes privacy.

Which makes sense why a lot of people dislike KYC so much. I wouldn't send someone a scanned picture of my ID either

Agree. Always ignore ICOs that ask for it.
I joined crypto community and I never agreed on KYC. I won't invest in any project which will enforce KYC but it seems that more and more projects are doing KYC and I think in future all projects will ask investors for identification.
Whole crypto is going into different direction.
Activity: 644
Merit: 145
ICO with KYC is far away from the main purpose about why cryptocurrency being created
because there is no privacy anymore in cryptocurrency if KYC procedure will be implementated on every crypto project
just my personal opinion  Wink

Anonymity is not beneficial for the state. They will fight it. Therefore, more and more ICO will require KYC. After all, this is necessary for our security  Grin
For the bounty this is a good way (the most effective at the moment) to deal with multi accounts.

But,

Be careful, when providing your personal information. There is always a probability different from zero that tomorrow you will take a loan in a bank of some country or you will be involved in money laundering and so on.

At a minimum, check to whom you transfer your personal data, the name of the company, which have registered the company, to whom, and so on. There are ICOs, where there is not a word about it, but they are demanding KYC. Such projects should be treated with double attention.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
I would never participae in an ICO or bounty that requires know your customer to do anything. I do not wish to expose sensitive information of mine to people that are not trusted and then having my information sold and then used by hackers to carry out illegal activities. Don't do it people, this is not right and they should find a way to curb this because they are getting more and more everyday.
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
I consider KYC positively a good protection for investors and I am not boycotting.  Anonimity is always the game of crypto and there are people who are taking advantage of it.  KYC protects crypto from being used for money laundering and illegal deeds.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0

Which makes sense why a lot of people dislike KYC so much. I wouldn't send someone a scanned picture of my ID either

Maybe if you trust them with your documents. This is unusual but if everything checks out, I'd consider it. Such ICOs are really rare though
Activity: 392

Activity: 182

Activity: 350
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
ICO with KYC is far away from the main purpose about why cryptocurrency being created
because there is no privacy anymore in cryptocurrency if KYC procedure will be implementated on every crypto project
just my personal opinion  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
all probably know about ICO in which they asked to pass KYC in the end all passed, and they were told to pay extra for etherium
Activity: 182
I mean they're just covering themselves and playing it safe. I hate KYC as much as the next guy but it makes sense why they'd want to do it.
Activity: 164
Merit: 3
KYC (Know Your Customer) is an infamous procedure we have mostly run into while dealing with banks.
Sadly for the whole blockchain industry we see many ICOs demanding KYC in vain.
Read below why you should boycott such ICOs:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/why-you-should-boycott-icos-that-demand-kyc-29a5b43904fb
Pages:
Jump to: