Pages:
Author

Topic: Why such restricted restrictions on Newbies? - page 2. (Read 2189 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
unleash me please
Activity: 4
I've been reading this and mining bitcoin for over 2 years but I never bothered to join.  Kicking myself now because I'd like to check out ripple and I missed the give away. Hopefully the do another one.

rLoovN22N5JxRmi2KPQPc1LouAHG5W7w41
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
How does it govern the time I've been logged in? I've been logged in for hour upon hour upon hour. Yet it reckons I'm still only on 3:31 Sad

One year very very very soon, I'll be able to post......

So I've just spent hours reading through a thread about the ciarnsmores. Yet I'm still at 3:40. Methinks the script checking logged in time is broken......
Activity: 38
One of the most restrictive forums I've seen. But if the content remains good, no complaints here  Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I forgot where I put my wallet.dat
Meh, rather spend time dealing with the restrictions than sort through massive amounts of spam...
Activity: 12
It's not really that bad - some forums require 30 or even 50 posts.
Activity: 6
In the mean time..thats another post for me Smiley
That's clever indeed. I should try this later. Smiley
Activity: 209
its sucks hard Sad

i cant help nobody being a newbie...so i try to read as much as i can.

Its kind of sad that i need to post 5 messages..even if they are just to achieve 5 posts

G

Stop whining, I crossed the Noob restriction within the 1st day of my registration. (as far as i can remember)

I agree with some kind of restriction...but how can i newbie post 5 messages in newbie forum?
Thats the same as trolling...posting 5 messages with no content Sad

Newbie to forum does not mean newbie in mining.
I have some questions to ask, but they only fit in other "pro" threads.

In the mean time..thats another post for me Smiley

G
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
its sucks hard Sad

Its kind of sad that i need to post 5 messages..even if they are just to achieve 5 posts

G

Stop whining, I crossed the Noob restriction within the 1st day of my registration. (as far as i can remember)
Activity: 42
I think this newbie restriction is fair. Its makes spam bots way easier to spot as well.
Well, at least the spam bots have it harder, seems reasonably.
Activity: 209
its sucks hard Sad

G
Activity: 19
It does suck but i guess it's necessary. I read a lot here but rarely post. Guess I should get involved a little more.
Yeah kinda sucks, long time reader new poster. Meh. -.-
Activity: 18
I think it is a reasonable requirement if you want users that aren't out to hit and run the place. May have to put the same type of restrictions on my forum that is not related to mining. I get flooded with spambots daily.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
I'm about to receive 3 cairnsmore1's and a rainbow pi and wanted to post a "anyone got a howto or any tips?" in the custom hardware/fpga section - then find I have to make 5 posts to be able to do that. Why?

Because the owners and mods here dont want new guys to come in all guns blazing and talk about random stuff that already might have been discussed.

You want to be treated as a normal member here, you gotta do everything OTHER normal members did to get where we are today Smiley

Besides this is a good method to keep a check on the number of guys actually getting into to real deal so that the casual by passer can just pass us by Cheesy
Activity: 40
It's supposed to be four hours, isn't it? Is that not just four hours from registration? Do you have to be actually viewing the site?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
How does it govern the time I've been logged in? I've been logged in for hour upon hour upon hour. Yet it reckons I'm still only on 3:31 Sad

One year very very very soon, I'll be able to post......
Activity: 7
is right, to keep the forum clean Smiley
yeah. keep it clean from evil machines by forcing the newbies through something like a mass turing test. funny.
Activity: 7
tough restrictions, but well worth it after right? Smiley
Yeah, but a major pain in the butt.
i dont feel it that way. i'm realizing i'm reading lots of weird stuff i had never come about if not forced into the newbies sections Wink
Pages:
Jump to: