Pages:
Author

Topic: Why such restricted restrictions on Newbies? - page 3. (Read 2189 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
is right, to keep the forum clean Smiley
Activity: 28
Something very curious happened here.
I subscribed in the 2 weeks only here and on miningpool.nl with this email adres.
Since yesterday i got 4 emails from budgetknallers, a spammer.
Anyone else saw the same thing or is it just me?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Yeah that restriction sucks. But i understand why they do that... Just have to be patient for the acess to the rest of the forum
Activity: 26
Good solution for anti scamer  Huh
i think that killing spambots is impossible.
How would you make a difference between a normaal user and a bot with 1 post?

On the other hand killing those spambot operators sounds good. Too bad that is illegal.
Maybe we could make a law that makes is possible? So that no innocents are hurt in the process.
Activity: 19
Ok, so here's another post.  I didn't know the parameters.  I guess I should read more.
Activity: 6
or operators should kill spambots
If you edit your previous post, does that count as a post ?   Grin
Activity: 18
Five posts (this is the sixth) and 5h30m logged in, and still newbie. I guess the process is manual?

Ah, found a post on the newbie whitelist request thread that suggests a script runs at intervals to upgrade qualifying newbies to to Jr. Member. The script runs approximately every 10 minutes, so you have to wait a little after post #5; you don't get upgraded immediately after post #5.

I wanted to edit my original post above, but couldn't find a way to do it (sorry of that means I'm a newbie to forums in general, which I am)

Activity: 21
I wanted to react to a post. Now I have to write 5 bullshit posts before I can say something meaningfull.
Live is a bitch and spambots should die !

Indeed. But now we're all stuck here in the newbies forum, unable to get all the help that we want Tongue
I think we just gotta live with it. I don't think that they're gonna change it, though..

Atleast it keeps the forum spam-free. Atleast from bots..
Or and least their operators should suffer Smiley
I wanted to react to a post. Now I have to write 5 bullshit posts before I can say something meaningfull.
Live is a bitch and spambots should die !
Five posts (this is the sixth) and 5h30m logged in, and still newbie. I guess the process is manual?
I also initially didn't like the newbie controls, because I only signed up when I REALLY felt the need to post on something.

However, I know the community has suffered from so many scams, and these restrictions do help to limit them, and other problems such as adverts posted by bots.

On the plus side, it introduced me to the newbie section, which I haven't browsed in the past. Some nuggets lying around here as well.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
5 posts. Now I've gotta sit and click my thumbs for 45 minutes until I can post for real. Grrrrrrrr.......
Activity: 16
I think you need to be online for a certian ammount of time first.
Yep, 4 or more hours and 5 or more posts.
2/5 for me. BYAHHHHHHH!
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I think you need to be online for a certian ammount of time first.
Activity: 20
I've made more than 5 posts. How come I still can't post anywhere else?
Activity: 8
just make sure you post in the proper topics, otherwise risk a deleted post :/
Activity: 17
I need support in the bitcoinsports.eu thread but I have to get my newbie posts out of the way before I can post there.  Sad
Pages:
Jump to: