Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the Future of Bitcoin Lies in Europe - page 2. (Read 3689 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
February 28, 2016, 11:17:26 AM
The future of Bitcoin lies in the Internet - that's becoming an independant country.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
February 28, 2016, 11:13:06 AM
Chris Grundy is a self-confessed bitcoin obsessive and avid tech fan. He works for bitcoin lending platform Bitbond and has written for a variety of online publications. In this article, he speaks to a number of European bitcoin companies about why the future of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology could lie in their home continent, not the US.

Innovation is the primary distinction between leaders and followers. It represents disruption and a challenge to our way of life.

Bitcoin is an important innovation, and it needs progressive legislation to unlock its full potential. Clear and progressive legislative guidance will give aspiring bitcoin entrepreneurs the confidence they need to find new use cases and bring bitcoin to the masses.

Despite this, bitcoin regulation in the US remains unfriendly.

What are your thoughts?  Does the future of bitcoin lies in Europe? Could it lie in Asia?
the most popular and mass adopted of bitcoin is in europe,its norml if europe lead technology about blockchain and bitcoin,and sure its will gonna happen and spreading to asian countries.
Activity: 884
Merit: 500
0xedA39AF25b25f179bed410EcC6d33060952b7Db3
February 28, 2016, 07:42:54 AM
I think the future of Bitcoin lies in PoS and altcoins as Bitcoin sidechains. This means that Bitcoin would become the gold reserve backing these altcoins.

If that is the case, I think it is not good for ordinary people to transfer money. The cost could be very high.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
February 02, 2016, 06:35:06 AM
I think the future of Bitcoin lies in PoS and altcoins as Bitcoin sidechains. This means that Bitcoin would become the gold reserve backing these altcoins.
February 02, 2016, 06:31:11 AM
In EU is just a matter of time when BTC is full adopted !
 Using SEPA for buying btc with very small charge is good.
   Europe is more prepared for wide acceptance of Bitcoin.
     Europeans ara more open for new technologies i think.

I see several online shops in the UK accepting bitcoin as a form of payment. There are several in US as well. So there is no difference.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
January 20, 2016, 08:26:27 AM
In EU is just a matter of time when BTC is full adopted !
 Using SEPA for buying btc with very small charge is good.
   Europe is more prepared for wide acceptance of Bitcoin.
     Europeans ara more open for new technologies i think.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2016, 07:47:19 AM
Not necessarily, like other people said, it's the internet, and that's all over the world. Everyone can contribute to it.

That is right. The Europe cannot contribute to the mining as the electricity there is too expensive.

You can't say just with the increased electricity they can't continue in mining efficiently. This is not fair. They might go with various alternatives of electricity generation. In recent time new users enrolled were lot from the European nation. If they get committed to a technology somehow they will try to visualize the outcome. I think bitcoin will have good growth and will move bitcoin in the growing path in European Nations
January 20, 2016, 07:37:20 AM
Not necessarily, like other people said, it's the internet, and that's all over the world. Everyone can contribute to it.

That is right. The Europe cannot contribute to the mining as the electricity there is too expensive.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 07, 2016, 12:12:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
January 07, 2016, 12:08:14 PM
BITCOIN is internet.
Internet early known on Europe so bitcoin is early known in Europe rather in Asia. When bitcoin has been adopt by europe zone ( so mostly bitcoin market hold by europe market meanwhile Asia still want to know bitcoin identity.... somekind that analogy

True, Bitcoin has no nation, anyone in any place on earth, as long as he/she has an internet connection and bright enough talent to contribute to Bitcoin, can shine and will see rewards. If you are a magnificent coder, you can request a new BIP to be added, if you make a successful business, you can get funded by people all over the world through BTC. I don't think trying to limit it all to a single continent makes sense.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 07, 2016, 11:58:58 AM
I don't think this will cause any issues any time soon.
We should all be okay as long as we can transfer and make use of bitcoin without any trouble.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 07, 2016, 11:51:59 AM
I have always felt the same. Europe has the least hostile view of crypto currencies so far in my opinion. United States are control freaks and are treating crypto as they control everything when it comes to money.

Asia on the other side might be even worse than the US in the long run, we will see. Europe is the way to go for Bitcoin in my opinion as well!

I was thinking the same thing. US and Asia seem to be wanting more and more control over everything.
So I'm not surprised if bitcoin turns out to be the most successful in Europe.
January 07, 2016, 11:43:51 AM
Sweden is going to be a cashless society. I wonder if there is any effort to introduce bitcoin to Sweden.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
December 14, 2015, 05:59:19 PM
Bitcoin and other crypto cut out the middleman, and they wont like that.  the middleman will do everything in his power to keep control.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
December 14, 2015, 05:55:18 PM
Maybe Europe is the best place for bitcoins, but are you realy sure they will be here for long? Bitcoins have no real value, whey are just a chain of 0 and 1 and this have no value. The only value they could have is the price of the energy needed to mine them. Whenever a new crypto becomes popular enough btc will just disapear. It's not like gold where we have a limited amout of resource on earth.

There is a limited amount of Bitcoin and this is theorically 21 000 000, but that's a bit less if you remove all the lost coins. Stocks of companies also have no "real" value, but they're still being traded for money. That's speculation. Bitcoin price is based on supply and demand, like any marker in the world, so as long that there will have a demand Bitcoin will live. And since the supply is growing exponentially, golden ages are lying just ahead.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
December 14, 2015, 05:49:37 PM
Maybe Europe is the best place for bitcoins, but are you realy sure they will be here for long? Bitcoins have no real value, whey are just a chain of 0 and 1 and this have no value. The only value they could have is the price of the energy needed to mine them. Whenever a new crypto becomes popular enough btc will just disapear. It's not like gold where we have a limited amout of resource on earth.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
December 14, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
I have always felt the same. Europe has the least hostile view of crypto currencies so far in my opinion. United States are control freaks and are treating crypto as they control everything when it comes to money.

Asia on the other side might be even worse than the US in the long run, we will see. Europe is the way to go for Bitcoin in my opinion as well!
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 14, 2015, 05:09:25 PM
The future can lie in any country not necessarily Europe it can be Ivory Coast,Mexico,Uruguay,Caribbean and many others.

europe has done more, for not hinder the bitcoin adoption than any others countries

russia is banning, ita, china is not fully accepting it, new york and usa, have heavy restriction, taiwan was banning it too, now they changed their mind it seems...

europe instead, has treated it as another form of money, and it is vat free for them
Activity: 714
December 14, 2015, 03:47:29 PM
No, no. You guys have it all wrong. The future of Bitcoin depends on intergalactic space travel and bringing the blockchain to emerging alien civilizations.
Using a new shiny blue laser I just bought, I already transmitted a copy of the blockchain to millions of alien civilizations.  No need for travel. 

I bet the aliens are using bitcoins before the humans, Satoshi is an alien Tongue
The aliens are just now watching laughing like what a noob we have more bitcoins than those humans.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
December 14, 2015, 03:42:31 PM
I think Europe is more prepared for wide accepting of Bitcoin. Mainly due infrastructure, people are open to the new technologies and they do not hesitate to use it.
Now it`s time to show Bitcoin as trendy and hightech think which everyone needs to have Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: