Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the Future of Bitcoin Lies in Europe - page 3. (Read 3689 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 13, 2015, 09:56:32 PM
I believe as many others here that Bitcoin does not "belong" to a country, it's like the internet.
However, one region will have to be the driving force for adaption.
And I belive it's more likely that it will be Europe then the US.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 13, 2015, 09:45:40 PM
The future can lie in any country not necessarily Europe it can be Ivory Coast,Mexico,Uruguay,Caribbean and many others.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
December 13, 2015, 09:22:15 PM
Bitcoin can't be linked to one place due to its elusive digital nature. Bitcoin is internet. It is hard to tell if it will be more popular in EU or in US.
Both EU and US have network infrastructure developed on the level sufficient for bitcoin to dominate market, so it will depend on which countries will create better pro bitcoin regulations.
legendary
Activity: 1316
December 13, 2015, 09:15:05 PM
Europe always tends to lead the way when it comes to new revolutionary type of technologies... Sure, when you think of new technology popping up you think of China and Japan; but the first people to really use it in a way where it becomes a reality always lies in the EU.  I mean, I see that a lot in my job is directed at specific medical procedures, which Europe tends to always study, use, and regulate first to make it viable for hospitals to use regularly as fast as they can, if the technology looks promising to help doctors do their job.  It just seems to me, they tend to be the front runner for this type of stuff often, and doesn't really surprise me that they would be the front runner for mainstream adoption of bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
December 13, 2015, 09:06:57 PM
No, no. You guys have it all wrong. The future of Bitcoin depends on intergalactic space travel and bringing the blockchain to emerging alien civilizations.

This seems correct to me, muahahaha, but really the whole world needs to be involved in the future of Bitcoin.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
December 13, 2015, 08:38:26 PM
No, no. You guys have it all wrong. The future of Bitcoin depends on intergalactic space travel and bringing the blockchain to emerging alien civilizations.
Using a new shiny blue laser I just bought, I already transmitted a copy of the blockchain to millions of alien civilizations.  No need for travel. 
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 13, 2015, 08:33:32 PM
there will allways be the 5 best markets
Activity: 884
0xedA39AF25b25f179bed410EcC6d33060952b7Db3
December 13, 2015, 03:44:37 PM
The New York has bitlicense. It also has a regulated bitcoin exchange, the Gemini. The Europe does not have one yet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 13, 2015, 03:37:39 PM
Its important to the future that all countries and regions adopt it. I don't think its make
or break depending on Europe but of course its helps a ton if Europe is behind it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
December 13, 2015, 12:45:02 PM
Because their government can handle Bitcoin economy better than any other country outside Europe
Activity: 756
December 13, 2015, 12:37:11 PM
The future of Bitcoin lies in global use.

When the big exchanges will not be only from USA and China, when every country will have at least in airports and shopping centers bitcoin ATMs, when you'll be able to buy with BTC from your fav shop in your city/country, when selling bitcoin for your local currency is not an issue / a tough task, then Bitcoin is a succes. Globally.

Perfect response.  Let's take focus of certain locales, it is global that is the key.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
December 13, 2015, 12:31:21 PM

Europe (apology for over-generalizing) is kind of contradictory when it comes to privacy, financial matters, and even BTC.

I just read that FRANCE will NOT ban things like TOR and free WiFi, and will consider these technologies as part basic liberties.  Yet they have very high taxes, and apparently tough tax police.

Other countries too make noises about personal privacy (attack the USA's NSA for their odious monitoring of almost everything), especially Germany -- a frequent target of the NSA.

America, the purported land of the free, has contradictory notions too re BTC, and 50 different states to regulate it (not even mentioning regulations at the federal level).

My point here?  Hey, it could be that Europe may indeed be the future of Bitcoin.  Who knows?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 13, 2015, 05:32:12 AM
well the OP was right at that time, because then there was the vat-free from europe and they also not against bitcoin at all, even concerned terrorism threat

they threat it as a fiat money, but not regulated yet
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 13, 2015, 05:28:30 AM
I'd say China has big enough players with enough money to take btc  to the moon.   
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
December 13, 2015, 02:34:11 AM
I think not only in Europe but to some other developing areas where the need for money transfers and fast transactions are high. It might be evident in the Europe now probably because of the economic slowdown it is experiencing right now but I tell you, once a developing country adapted bitcoin and use it in a large scale. it will be where the future of bitcoin lies.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 721
December 13, 2015, 02:31:22 AM
I'm wondering if you people who think that the future of bitcoin lies in Europe are European or not?
As a European I can tell you I seriously doubt that Western Europe (and especially France) is going to play a leading role in allowing bitcoin to get broadly recognized. The people in these countries will only accept bitcoin when it is already widely recognized... or when Euro krashes if it does (and even then, I think they'd even be afraid to buy gold, no need to talk about bitcoins).

Reasons are that the EU already has fast and cheap bank-related payment methods. Mentalities play a big role too. Old Europe is traditionalist and afraid of change. Look at Greece. Even now, with their present disastrous situation. Is there even a single Greek on this board, interested in bitcoin, in the first place?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
December 13, 2015, 02:08:06 AM
If the future adoption of bitcoin lies in Europe, it may be because of a future financial disaster. People will search for alternatives, bitcoin is going to be the one that shines the brightest most likely, the other being gold. Adoption driven by a disaster isn't really the thing I'm looking for. Can't we just do this thing peacefully without a major crisis? I'm backing bitcoin either way.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 13, 2015, 01:57:01 AM
In the beginning i think future of bitcoin lies in Europe, the reason is european people is the first one to adapt this kind of bitcoin system or at least the first person that implemented to internet

but for this past few years bitcoin has become widely recognized so i think the future of bitcoin maybe going to change in asia due to the population
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 21, 2015, 02:00:06 PM
Europe is a continent consisting of developing nations and bitcoins was developed in this continent too. It's the home of bitcoins.
Reasons behind its development is because it's completely being legalised in most of the countries there. Countries there are now trusting on bitcoins thoroughly.
Most of the oil and reserves in Europe are now using bitcoins in their business. Government of many countries in Europe are also planning to legalise bitcoins for use in parliamentary affairs ( just planning, not sure whether they will allow or not). People also priviledge bitcoins more there..
And these are the primitive reasons.
legendary
Activity: 1399
northern exposure
September 07, 2015, 08:28:08 AM
We are pushing forward but I hope the government don't try to regulate what they don't understand.

they will as they always did, im pretty sure they have already taken their measures, ready to rumble Wink

lets hope they dont f*ck it as always did with everything.

I would expect Venezuela will be next in BTC interest.  There is a thread elsewhere on Venezuela and BTC and their economy.

But NO ONE in Peru is into it, que pena...!

dont worry is just a question of time they did it Wink

he speaks to a number of European bitcoin companies about why the future of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology could lie in their home continent,

i can see some hidden interest here, maybe? Wink
Pages:
Jump to: