Pages:
Author

Topic: WHY WE BOUNTY HUNTERS HAVE SUCH A BAD REPUTATION - page 3. (Read 1335 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
So sad but we cant deny most of the bounty hunters really does this and truth really hurts and there is so little we can do about i.. But I think its not the only thing we contributed in the cryptoworld though.
Activity: 368
Merit: 11
Yeah Bounty Hunters has a bad reputation nowadays in crypto world they even call them dumpers that is the problem in bounty hunters because they get it for free they dump it even for a low price atleast they have money and there's no way you can't change about them even if you lock the tokens .
Activity: 98
Merit: 3
It's such a shame that although Bounty Hunters do provide value as a community we are really beginning to get a bad name in this Industry. Primarily for two reasons.

1. We dump the tokens we get as soon as they get listed on exchanges. For example, MONEYTOKEN LAUNCHED today on exchanges and it was dumped hardcore, of course,  who else other than BOUNTY HUNTERS AND AIRDROP PEEPS. My Hubby also made two videos but he said no way in hell is he literally giving away the coin way below ICO price. We live in Europe as well, so we don't have the cheap living costs many bounty hunters enjoy who live in Asia and Africa. I know we all have to survive, but we are looking more like beggars now in the crypto community with no self-worth. Maybe alot of bounty hunters don't value their time or themselves but come on, way below ICO price you go and dump the tokens, have people no sense?

2. 2nd point is the rampant stealing and cheating. EVERY DAY we are finding idiots trying to claim bounty stakes by impersonating us and stealing our videos or blog reviews. No wonder now so many ICOS are requesting us to do KYC, we are not to be even trusted to do a decent job.

I really think the bounty industry as to be cleaned up and I would prefer it if bounty tokens were like locked up for a few months before we could all mass dump for so cheap and then Investors getting so angry and pissed off at us. I know everyone in crypto is selfish and for himself only but come on being too selfish is actually shooting yourselves and all of us in the foot. We will never get lambos and moons at this rate lol.

I agree with you 100%. But there are many hunters who don't care about it because they don't know that if they hold the token price will increase and only then they can sell it ( If the project is good one ). You have done a very good job by opening this topic, maybe some of them will change their desicion?? I would give you merits for such a nice topic if I had  Grin Grin Wink Wink
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Bounty pool normally is around 3% of all tokens, this is what bounty hunters can get. Much bigger part is private investors and people who buy in pre-ICO phase with 70-80% discount from ICO price. This amount sometimes is 30% of all tokens and is 10 times more of the amount that hold the hunters. So these people can dump token as well and has much bigger power
Activity: 238
It is because many bounty hunter don't really care much about the project, they only care about the reward and that's why bounty hunters have such a bad reputation
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
Well, first of all, these situations are rather rare than common (from my experience at least). I have participated in projects where ICO investors dumped the price to less than 10% of the ICO price (bounty tokens are not released to this day). Maybe they want to buy it very cheap, but no one can blame bounty hunters. Secondly, I agree with you that the community is making their life harder by not relying on an individual quality, but rather on a quantity. As we are on the Internet, everyone has the ability to join the community, which is a double-edged sword. On the other hand, I have no problem with people that are really putting all their effort to make an actual exposure to the project even when they know their language skills are really far from a level of native speakers. But there is a line which is being crossed on many occasions by making short and illogical answers, yet they are approved by managers.  I guess we have no other choice but to improve our own standards and actually bring something valuable on the table, or we might be doomed by the rest of the world.
Activity: 485
Merit: 12
$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/
Bounty hunters get 1-2% of the total supply for their work. I do not see it as a big problem if they dump it as long term with 1% it cannot damage the project. I like it when we can buy cheap tokens on lower prices than ICO price was. Have a feeling that many investors dumping as well  and taking the profit.
( in some projects they get  up to 80% bonuses). For second point I agree with you completely.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
Let me add another reason why bounty hunters have such a bad reputation:

THEY WRITE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS

well, joking aside, yeah, the two things you mentioned are true.
here's the thing though, I don't see it as selfish, I see it as stupid.
Bounty hunters selling tokens right away for a quick pay out are just incredibly stupid, almost like a little kid.
If you tell a kid, "Here, you can have a cupcake now, or if you wait awhile, you can have two cupcakes" then the kid, who only sees what's in front of him, jumps on the one cupcake.
Bounty Hunters dumping coins are like that kid, inpatient and unable to plan for the future.

Also, in regarding to the lambos, I'm sorry to say, you will never become a millionare if all you do is bounties.
It just is never going to happen.
The reason why is because your portfolio will never have enough capital to make the big trades necessary to bring real world value to your portfolio.
So what you should be doing, is every now and then investing in the projects you are promoting.
Of course, that means that you would need to only promote projects you yourself would put money into, but isn't that a good thing?
Activity: 244
Nice to read your views but bounty hunters are not always wrong and don't dump token every time. I think presale investors are dumping the coin and Money Token is the great project let the dumpers dump their token I will buy more .
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
I like your approach, I fully agree with you. People sell tokens right away, because it's massive and the price falls quickly. However, in a severe fall in prices, the wounded investors as well, who receive bonuses of 50 percent or more, are guilty as well and immediately sell everything, having received their profit. What does this happen before bounties of hunters get their tokens. I think that they are to blame for this more)
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
The only problem is that it is very easy for everyone to blame bounty participants
Claiming every dump is our fault

Nobody mentions the stress and difficulties in doing bounties
Or the minute and small tokens we receive

How can I dump a market with just 100000 tokens
When investors have millions ??
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
Because the majority are only interested in taking short term small gains instead of waiting for a few months and even years and giving the projects an opportunity to implement their roadmaps and maybe making some serious money. Open up any ICO telegram group and almost all questions are about when exchange, when binance and when moon. No intelligent communication and sharing of knowledge and information about the projects and their products. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 9
It's such a shame that although Bounty Hunters do provide value as a community we are really beginning to get a bad name in this Industry. Primarily for two reasons.

1. We dump the tokens we get as soon as they get listed on exchanges......We live in Europe as well, so we don't have the cheap living costs many bounty hunters enjoy who live in Asia and Africa. ......Maybe alot of bounty hunters don't value their time or themselves but come on, way below ICO price you go and dump the tokens, have people no sense?

I agree that most bounty hunters do dump and into fast money but I also believe that bounty hunters nowadays is getting smart too that they also wait for price to go up before dumping. I'm also Asia and what you say is true, $1 can already buy us a decent lunch but it's not true that we don't value our time or our selves but it's just we know that if we don't sell some of coins we have (like for me I do 50/50 -50%hodl  50% sell), others will still do and it will take time before value of that token goes up again.

2. 2nd point is the rampant stealing and cheating. EVERY DAY we are finding idiots trying to claim bounty stakes by impersonating us and stealing our videos or blog reviews. No wonder now so many ICOS are requesting us to do KYC, we are not to be even trusted to do a decent job.

- yup, again I agree with you. I joined one ICO and when I checked for my twitter name there's like 9 people using it too and good thing there's a proof of authentication thus making me legit one.

I really think the bounty industry as to be cleaned up and I would prefer it if bounty tokens were like locked up for a few months before we could all mass dump for so cheap and then Investors getting so angry and pissed off at us. I know everyone in crypto is selfish and for himself only but come on being too selfish is actually shooting yourselves and all of us in the foot. We will never get lambos and moons at this rate lol.

-I disagree with you. I don't think locking the token will help in anyways. Just want to set a good example, I'm part of Signal bounty campaign and it takes a lot of time for token to be rewarded coz Admin says to supposedly protect investor but still value of token plunge below ICO price because of the bonus token given to all investor and like hunters, investors dump their free token too. So the thing is that, it's not only hunters killing ICO's but also investors and maybe also the ICO project giving a very generous reward just to sell off their token.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Some bounty hunters are so insignificant that they work for $ 2 a month. It's just a shame. Here such at the first opportunity and will be discarded.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Looking at someone,I would say the contrary that the bad reputation is from administrators who implement these bounty of the company,as they just throw 100 people,or stupidly cut back payments,or do you throw and do not pay the tokens,but it is clear that not all people do,but very on the market it affects
Activity: 264
Merit: 0
Because of not proper completing tasks with cheating. And the other thing is that may be the dont receive what they want from bounty hunters. Anyway I think not all of projects are thinking so
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”
I believe it is because most of them cheat their way through campaigns, creating multiple accounts. The whole space has become very diluted
Activity: 532
Merit: 168
hello there
Who is bounty hunter for some time knows that the right time to sell the tokens is the moment that falls in the wallet ^^. Every time I held it, I got hurt...
I believe the campaigns that keep the forum active, new users and etc ...

copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
I agree with your statement. But only bounty hunter are not dumping coin sometimes investor with high bonus also dump their bonus coin.. I see lots of ICO where bounty budget is too less but Investor dump their bonus.  
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.
The bounty hunters are only going to get a worse and worse reputation.   As the prices of payouts decrease the more educated will move on to better opportunities.  The poor will flock in to replace them and completely destroy this space.  Bounty hunters will get .l10 cents a bounty and the content will be piss poor. 
Pages:
Jump to: