Pages:
Author

Topic: Why you shouldn't buy from BAIKAL - JUST DON'T - page 2. (Read 3789 times)

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Did you paid with wire or crypto? If wire was it what were the exact details of their bank?
EDIT: sorry I saw now that you paid in BTC.
well, see? they said I can't pay in crypto, only wire, so.......does that prove even more my point?

If You would like to take a chance when it appears, for taking good offer on ASIC equipment, You should have BTC ready all the time. I even maximized transfer expenses for that transaction to faster go trough.
And yes, announcement for this batch was for crypto and wire payment at the beginning. I was emailed that I have 2 hours to make BTC transaction. They had my BTC on their disposal in less than an hour. Couple of hours after my payment, BTC started to dive, therefore they gave up of crypto payments.
I'm not saying that their service is good, but if You like to success in something, You should adopt to the (bad) conditions.
Activity: 373
Merit: 254
Tai_Pan almost word for word same experience I have with trying to order..... but may be a good thing because I saw that someone mentioned that there could be some power problems with them as they can top out at 800 watt and only have 3 pci-e connectors to power 3 boards.. that's a lot of juice on those lines... not sure how safe that would be?
As for the power issues, I think Baikal would have figured it out before delivering. 2 in 1 pci-e cables to share the load, perhaps?
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
Tai_Pan almost word for word same experience I have with trying to order..... but may be a good thing because I saw that someone mentioned that there could be some power problems with them as they can top out at 800 watt and only have 3 pci-e connectors to power 3 boards.. that's a lot of juice on those lines... not sure how safe that would be?
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
Oh yes, iBeLink support is good as long as there are not issues  Grin

But as soon as there are issues and where they are caught under their own T&C they start to run....

I hope this time won't come on you because thats when you face the real face of this dangerous ibelink , like someone said above Great products, filthy business practices
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
Well said OP. Great products, filthy business practices
Activity: 359
Merit: 251
I understand, not saying you snoozed. But due to the incompetence of your banks you missed out, hence snooze you lose. I've managed in the past wire funds to them, same details,others here have seemed to be able to wire successfully. Why couldn't the banks tell you what was missing? I would investigate this matter further, try and find out why the banks couldn't send. They should be able to tell you whats missing.

Before giving shit to the banks ( which will lead to nothing as there are....banks ) I am more curious to:
-why others were able to pay with crypto and I wasn't allowed
-why was I told when wanting to pay with wire that the unit that was booked for me was sold out
- would I've been delayed to a second batch if I managed to pay via wire like other users have reported

and other mysterious and kinky stuff like that.

Ok heres your answers
1 Others were able to pay with crypto likely right up until BTC took a nose dive....too volatile right now
2 Unit that was booked for you got sold to next buyer because your bank couldn't send the money when someone else could, you would likely do the same if you were a business
3 Quite possible....but now your just speculating

In reply to your enumeration:
1.you are not well informed my friend.for this batch, this preorder of giant x10 some of the users paid with crypto while baikal stated that only wire is allowed

2.if I was a business and I said 2 days deadline I would fucking stick to that in order to be a respected business.2 days doesn't mean 1 day and 2 hrs or 1 day and 12 hrs or 1 day and 9 hrs (in my particular case).2 days=48 hrs unless you are a greedy bastard or a business whit fushy/shitty schemes

3.again you are not well imformed.such at least this forum to see how many complained about that.search google and you will have a revelation.

Please be kind and read the entire context/situation from the internet for a certain problem before taking sides or posting an absolute truth

I tried to read your super long post but it is far too long winded for me to read in regards to a company I have had many good dealings with. I never said customer service was there strong points. But I'm trying to make you realize that had your banks sent the money on time you would likely have 2 X10's coming to you in October...Below is the bank details I have sent my payments to in the past. Did they give you same bank info? Was something missing on your end? did you give the exact same details to your bank? If so then you can blame them this time around for missing you out. I understand all previous times was Baikals fault yes, but look at it this way, you should be thanking them. All those previous miners are pretty much rendered useless now with such little hash power.  Details below

USD account number: 451-906-071-4
Beneficiary: VITCORE HOLDINGS LIMITED
Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro
Tel: 692 247 3018
Fax: 692 247 3017
Bank Details:
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Limited
Branch Name: UOB Main
Branch Address: 80 Raffles Place UOB Plaza
1 Singapore 048624
Bank Code: 7375
Swift Code: UOVBSGSG
Branch Code: 001.

You are missing the main point here.
Doesn't matter as I really won't lose my and your time having a fight here.

You have your experience with baikal, I have mine and I hope for your sake that you won't experience mine ever.
Next time when you order something from them and they are so kind to reply to you please let me know.I will kindly ask you to buy 1-2 items for me also and I will pay you a good fee for your trouble.

I am not trying to argue with you either...Baikal makes phenomenal products hence why I felt it a bit harsh creating a thread with the title you did. But I also understand your frustrations.

No, no, nooooo.You got me all wrong.
The products are extraordinary, I love them so much.
The business is the problem, the way they handle things, the slimy tactics they use.
Too bad the products cannot sell themselves and they need the human factor.
Activity: 461
Merit: 252
I understand, not saying you snoozed. But due to the incompetence of your banks you missed out, hence snooze you lose. I've managed in the past wire funds to them, same details,others here have seemed to be able to wire successfully. Why couldn't the banks tell you what was missing? I would investigate this matter further, try and find out why the banks couldn't send. They should be able to tell you whats missing.

Before giving shit to the banks ( which will lead to nothing as there are....banks ) I am more curious to:
-why was I told when wanting to pay with wire that the unit that was booked for me was sold out
- would I've been delayed to a second batch if I managed to pay via wire like other users have reported

Ok heres your answers
1 Others were able to pay with crypto likely right up until BTC took a nose dive....too volatile right now
2 Unit that was booked for you got sold to next buyer because your bank couldn't send the money when someone else could, you would likely do the same if you were a business

1.you are not well informed my friend.for this batch, this preorder of giant x10 some of the users paid with crypto while baikal stated that only wire is allowed

2.if I was a business and I said 2 days deadline I would fucking stick to that in order to be a respected business.2 days doesn't mean 1 day and 2 hrs or 1 day and 12 hrs or 1 day and 9 hrs (in my particular case).2 days=48 hrs unless you are a greedy bastard or a business whit fushy/shitty schemes

3.again you are not well imformed.such at least this forum to see how many complained about that.search google and you will have a revelation.

Please be kind and read the entire context/situation from the internet for a certain problem before taking sides or posting an absolute truth

I tried to read your super long post but it is far too long winded for me to read in regards to a company I have had many good dealings with. I never said customer service was there strong points. But I'm trying to make you realize that had your banks sent the money on time you would likely have 2 X10's coming to you in October...Below is the bank details I have sent my payments to in the past. Did they give you same bank info? Was something missing on your end? did you give the exact same details to your bank? If so then you can blame them this time around for missing you out. I understand all previous times was Baikals fault yes, but look at it this way, you should be thanking them. All those previous miners are pretty much rendered useless now with such little hash power.  Details below

Bank Details:
1 Singapore 048624

You have your experience with baikal, I have mine and I hope for your sake that you won't experience mine ever.
Next time when you order something from them and they are so kind to reply to you please let me know.I will kindly ask you to buy 1-2 items for me also and I will pay you a good fee for your trouble.

I am not trying to argue with you either...Baikal makes phenomenal products hence why I felt it a bit harsh creating a thread with the title you did. But I also understand your frustrations.

Ok heres your answers

Bank Details:
1 Singapore 048624

Ok heres your answers

Bank Details:
1 Singapore 048624

Ok heres your answers

2.if I was a business and I said 2 days deadline I would fucking stick to that in order to be a respected business.2 days doesn't mean 1 day and 2 hrs or 1 day and 12 hrs or 1 day and 9 hrs (in my particular case).2 days=48 hrs unless you are a greedy bastard or a business with fishy/shitty schemes

3.again you are not well informed.search at least this forum to see how many complained about that.search google and you will have a revelation.

Ok heres your answers

I agree with OP regarding Baikal.. I was in a similiar situation before. btc exchange rate was crazy! opted for wire instead. they couldn't honour my full order quantity. made sure I never will be doing any business with them again.

Same is the case for iBeLink they keep on telling you to read T&C as long as its in their favor and as soon as its against them they will become rude with you.

I have to disagree with you. I feel ibelink has one of the best customer service compared to ALL of the other hardware manufacturers. Qing was always accessible, he always answered my calls or messages. I had a few issues regarding my order and he made sure to always correct it. I highly respect ibelink and their customer service!
Now the ibelink dm11g T&C.. oh man!

I for one can't be pro or against ibelink as I don't own any of their miners nor have I ever contacted them.
So......I'll keep my fingers at rest on this one  Smiley

Chan8 what country are you from?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I agree with OP regarding Baikal.. I was in a similiar situation before. btc exchange rate was crazy! opted for wire instead. they couldn't honour my full order quantity. made sure I never will be doing any business with them again.

Same is the case for iBeLink they keep on telling you to read T&C as long as its in their favor and as soon as its against them they will become rude with you.

I have to disagree with you. I feel ibelink has one of the best customer service compared to ALL of the other hardware manufacturers. Qing was always accessible, he always answered my calls or messages. I had a few issues regarding my order and he made sure to always correct it. I highly respect ibelink and their customer service!
Now the ibelink dm11g T&C.. oh man!

I do wonder if innosilicon has the same ways of dealing with customers.
Maybe is something about the national attitude.

Not sure, but heard that greed makes people's attitude difficult to tackle

I do really think it's only a matter of character.

Those are just rumors / statements / intentions.From words to facts it's a shit long way

and like in case of iBeLink what could be more funny that when they violate their own T&C (the ones which they drafted themselves) they will still blame you for their violation...Lol...

It really, really wouldn't surprise me.
It seems that it's a very hard thing in our days to say: yes, I fucked up, not you and I'm sorry.
It's much more simple to blame no matter who or what than to admit your own fault.

I wish Americans and Europeans jump into mining machines atleast they do admit their mistakes and compensate.

Yeah, I'd wish that too.The unattractive thing about USA and EU is that electricity is pretty expensive compared to Asia

I heard Russians and Japanese are jumping in next year

Those are just rumors / statements / intentions.From words to facts it's a shit long way
Activity: 420
Merit: 255

and like in case of iBeLink what could be more funny that when they violate their own T&C (the ones which they drafted themselves) they will still blame you for their violation...Lol...

It seems that it's a very hard thing in our days to say: yes, I fucked up, not you and I'm sorry.
It's much more simple to blame no matter who or what than to admit your own fault.

I wish Americans and Europeans jump into mining machines atleast they do admit their mistakes and compensate.

Yeah, I'd wish that too.The unattractive thing about USA and EU is that electricity is pretty expensive compared to Asia

I heard Russians and Japanese are jumping in next year

Pages:
Jump to: