Pages:
Author

Topic: Wifi vs wired internet for the rig - page 4. (Read 1017 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 4
May 28, 2019, 11:14:32 AM
wifi is ok, cables do go bad too, I have good snr on wifi with lot of rigs, however I can't use 2.4G logitech keyboard from more then about 1.5 from the rig, so maybe try different channels
Activity: 66
Merit: 4
May 28, 2019, 10:09:30 AM
My current rigs are all using wired connection through wifi adapter. I am planning to move to use usb wifi adapter. The reason is to make rig more compact. Any suggestions from the community. My worry is that wifi connection may not be good due to proximity of GPUs. Any recommendation for the USB wifi adapter would be appreciated. Thank you.

My farm consist of 10x 12GPU rigs. I started off with Wifi usb adaptors but as the farm grew I started having endless problems with it. When the rigs are in idle state the network was fine but as soon it`s start mining I had latency, signal drop and re-connection problems all round. I didn't even use 1mbps combined on the wifi. I guess firing up the GPU`s have some kind of impact on interference (even mounted on the roof for better line of sight)

I do however have one or two test rigs running on dongles but I dont monitor them 24/7 to check if there any disconnects.

I recommend for stability stick with wire.
Activity: 279
Merit: 1
May 28, 2019, 09:17:31 AM
My current rigs are all using wired connection through wifi adapter. I am planning to move to use usb wifi adapter. The reason is to make rig more compact. Any suggestions from the community. My worry is that wifi connection may not be good due to proximity of GPUs. Any recommendation for the USB wifi adapter would be appreciated. Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: