Pages:
Author

Topic: Will a bank being hacked boost adoption of bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 6475 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
if this happens world wide it would be more of the panic and drama that might just get too violent just because people would want to cash out their accounts and we all know the banks never have the real amount of money they use to lend or move around.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Banks being hacked piss of people, pissed off people may or not may go to Bitcoin after that. I think its a minority until its more mainstream.

some of them will not decide to go with bitcoin or anything else, but simply they will put their money in their house in a safebox

so don't be so sure about the fact that the falling of the banks might help bitcoin's adoption, if they cannot trust banks they will not trust anyone with their money, i know their mentality, because it was mine too before knowing about bitcoin...

Thats not an option in europe from where I am from. We are disarmed in europe, you cant even defend your home if burglars come in and even if you do the fucking law will put you in prison for daring to defend your home.

Best option in europe is to just not have valuables at home to not become a target. Bitcoin is an ethereal object, you can sure steal my external hard drive where i store my priv keys but good luck breaking triple encryption fucking burglars.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Banks being hacked piss of people, pissed off people may or not may go to Bitcoin after that. I think its a minority until its more mainstream.

some of them will not decide to go with bitcoin or anything else, but simply they will put their money in their house in a safebox

so don't be so sure about the fact that the falling of the banks might help bitcoin's adoption, if they cannot trust banks they will not trust anyone with their money, i know their mentality, because it was mine too before knowing about bitcoin...
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

In a logical order of disbelief, people who have recently been stranded and stripped off by the trust they had on their banks, they will tend to either believe there is no place in this world to keep your money safe. or create/find an alternative for the following. Their discoveries must bring them to bitcoin. Now at that moment, it will be their move to invest their trust on bitcoin or move ahead.

For every leg of expansion for bitcoin, there will be some new users and ten times more loud skeptics, repeating all the old assumed deficiencies of bitcoin. We have to live with that, until bitcoin stops expanding.

Skeptics do tend to piss me off way more than humans usually do, but I guess we should either be patient and explain to them rather than twisting their necks. FATALITY.

TEKKEN REFERENCE! yeah man I agree people with pessimistic approach are annoying but we need a little balance in the circle. Some people are way too over ambitious. A little spike in price 2 days back and people already started believing that its time for the price to hit the moon, etc. There's time.
Activity: 714

In a logical order of disbelief, people who have recently been stranded and stripped off by the trust they had on their banks, they will tend to either believe there is no place in this world to keep your money safe. or create/find an alternative for the following. Their discoveries must bring them to bitcoin. Now at that moment, it will be their move to invest their trust on bitcoin or move ahead.

For every leg of expansion for bitcoin, there will be some new users and ten times more loud skeptics, repeating all the old assumed deficiencies of bitcoin. We have to live with that, until bitcoin stops expanding.

Skeptics do tend to piss me off way more than humans usually do, but I guess we should either be patient and explain to them rather than twisting their necks. FATALITY.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

Activity: 714

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
Any type of attack to fiat currencies (like banks being hacked) will always be a victory for Bitcoin. As more and more people get fucked by the cons of banks and centralized economies, they'll soon realize Bitcoin is the way to go. Simple example would be Greece and the limitations implemented by the government on banks, ATM's, ect. Even paypal stopped taking outgoing funds by Greeks.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Banks are not thinking about their survival because they are pretty much thinking that they are on top of the food chain and there is nothing to take them down . Most banks actually have no interest with BTC and also the fact is that BTC is not much of a threat to them and is just a niche for the economics world.
I do believe that Banks are not actually trying to make a cryptocurrency I believe but rather taking steps into making the old fashioned FIAT into a digital form (something like controllable paypal ). However this is the fact that banks are actually "stronger" than BTC (for now) as they are pretty confident into creating a new form of digital FIAT

"Whoever is winning at the moment will always seem to be invincible."
George Orwell

Yea their vanity will be their end, but then again I agree with you, they are trying to hijack the word: cryptocurrency.

The elite is always in the business of hijacking and distorting words like:  liberal, freedom, courage, bravery, or other sensitive words.

So they are building a centralized toilet paper printed fiat currency, and trying to brand it as a decentralized cryptocurrency with limited supply, what a shame  Cheesy

And more shame to those idiot ignorants who will believe them
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
Nope, because most banks have insurance.
If this was to happen, you'd most likely get your money back.

It is not about the insurance policy of a bank but rather the security of it. Banks are seen as the most secure place to save your money by people who have no idea about what BTC is but with constant news about bank being robbed or hacked will make people lose their confident in securing their personal belongings in the bank. However this will not be enough to shake's people's confidence about saving in banks and thus wont get people to move into BTC as well
Activity: 420
Nope, because most banks have insurance.
If this was to happen, you'd most likely get your money back.

And, people don't have enough trust in bitcoin; an extremely volatile currency.
Activity: 378
be your self
Uhm Uhm  , if we talk about banks. the scams they happen a lot in banking institutions . People are well aware of them , but do they shift the system itself? They can shift from one back to the other bank , because of utter dissatisfaction but i have never seen someone adopting a whole new system. People tend to stick with traditional.
legendary
The chances for bank to completely off the grid will be close to zero at this point. Barely I'd say this because the government would not let go of their source of power (they control the bank and FIAT, they control the people) . If banks were to fail, there will be another "system" that replace the traditional bank and shifting onto BTC will be the last resort to do .
You can check on the hype towards greece with their latest issue but simply they are looking for another option rather than BTC , not saying BTC is the complete answer for them but atleast it could be a better option for them

I just saw a few big banks trying to create a crypto currency, but which they control, is pretty hilarious and pathetic, and desperate.

Are they that desperate to survive?

Banks are not thinking about their survival because they are pretty much thinking that they are on top of the food chain and there is nothing to take them down . Most banks actually have no interest with BTC and also the fact is that BTC is not much of a threat to them and is just a niche for the economics world.
I do believe that Banks are not actually trying to make a cryptocurrency I believe but rather taking steps into making the old fashioned FIAT into a digital form (something like controllable paypal ). However this is the fact that banks are actually "stronger" than BTC (for now) as they are pretty confident into creating a new form of digital FIAT
Activity: 350
If the some bank gets hacked, it will obviously shake the faith of people in it. The might even resort to Bitcoin or the types but then ,what makes you think that the people will have full confidence over bitcoin. Bitcoin is anyhow equally vulnerable like  a bank. SO it doesn't really make any difference.
Well people have to have an option to move money around. And if the banks suck, then the only alternative is bitcoin.

The chances for bank to completely off the grid will be close to zero at this point. Barely I'd say this because the government would not let go of their source of power (they control the bank and FIAT, they control the people) . If banks were to fail, there will be another "system" that replace the traditional bank and shifting onto BTC will be the last resort to do .
You can check on the hype towards greece with their latest issue but simply they are looking for another option rather than BTC , not saying BTC is the complete answer for them but atleast it could be a better option for them

Ok they can put another puppet  institution there ,but none of them can compete with bitcoin.

I just saw a few big banks trying to create a crypto currency, but which they control, is pretty hilarious and pathetic, and desperate.

Are they that desperate to survive?
legendary
Well people have to have an option to move money around. And if the banks suck, then the only alternative is bitcoin.

majority of people are already sick by current bank status, loans model, all the fees, possible block by gov (wave on greece) etc etc. bank "hack" would be another (small) nail to coif but generally, I don't think, that it will boost somehow adoption..

Try using wheeled carts to move money arount, it aint gonna happen, bitcoin only please Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
If something like this were to theoretically happen, I think Bitcoin would benefit from it in some way. Who knows if it would be positive or not. But it would show the strengths in Bitcoin though.
legendary
As a matter of fact using cold wallet is pretty inconvenience for some people. That is why people tend to store their BTC in an online wallet and also exchanger which allow them to withdraw it instantly if needed. Also that not everyone is a tech guy that know how to secure their BTC in cold wallet properly.
This will be another reason BTC will have a hard chance to replace traditional bank as because any wallets that connects to the network is pretty much risky while on the other hand using cold wallet is inconvenience

Therefore the idea to make a BTC bank or rather call it BTC storage is pretty much a good idea which that will serve as a storage only "bank" and takes fee from this service. This would be a good service to provide some security for those who dont know how to secure their coins properly . This will encourage people to shift from traditional bank into BTC as well

-snip-
does they don't know how to do this?
-snip-

Sadly not everyone even understand how BTC works. You can even check this number of people that dont even know how to sign an address, asking about halving , blaming a site when they have waited for hours but their balance is not updated which in fact because there are no blocks found yet. Of course this is just niche and also that I do know that in some part of the world there are person that dont even know how to use Ms. Word
So yeah this could help people more as people love convenience dont they? The more convenience a life , the more people will love it more.

I think the imprisonment of funds in accounts really pisses people off.

Indeed, people love the ability to spend their funds in a matter of seconds and BTC offer it however every wallet that is connected to the network isnt safe, so thats kinda countering each another there
Pages:
Jump to: