Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks disappear because of cryptocurrency? - page 38. (Read 64397 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
I don't think that will happen and certainly not anytime soon, I think the two will co-exist for a long time and find different uses. Some governments are already pushing for a cashless society, Sweden is quite far down this road but they are using cards linked to bank accounts still. Banks have diversified from the original concept of storing and loaning money so they will be around for some time to come.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
In my opinion, the bank will not disappear because of the presence of crypto currencies, most of the world's population still desperately needs the role of fiat money in the economic sector which is still not accessible to crypto currencies, therefore the existence of the bank is still very much needed, and money fiat and crypto currencies will always be side by side.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
No state and large financial institutions will not allow the cryptocurrency to dominate over itself ! Even if there are clear laws regulating the cryptocurrency industry-banks will cooperate with them and earn even more !
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
This might happen, but only in a really distant future.  First step is to make crypto mainstream, and then they will have a chance to compete with the banks.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
This really what I keep on asking myself since we all know that cryptocurrency dominates the bank as time pass by. I wonder will it result to total collapse of bank industry?

Feel free to drop your comments here.thanks

Nah, it took more than 500+ years to establish the financial industry, crypto will not be able to snatch it immediately.
It may take a while though.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
With such confusion and a lack of basic understanding, such illogical questions keep popping up. Banks have there own working and crypto is yet testing waters, and in no way considered a replacement yet.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
This really what I keep on asking myself since we all know that cryptocurrency dominates the bank as time pass by. I wonder will it result to total collapse of bank industry?

I have not yet heard that the crypto currency dominated the banks. It was not and never will be. Crypto currency will not have any strong influence on banks, especially since it will not be able to destroy the banking system. Banks will continue to be successful, since they are actually part of the state system of economic management of the society.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
I'm not sure the bank will collapse due to cryptocurrency, but crypto will complement the bank's current capabilities. Because by utilizing blockchain technology that is owned by cryptocurrency, banks will be easier and more efficient
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
Banks will definitely not disappear because of crypto. They will start to use them and everything will stay as it already is. I also have no reason why banks should disappear because of crypto.
Activity: 196
I don’t think banks will disappear altogether. But I do know that crypto will take on some of the functions of banks. Perhaps banks will be optional? Maybe for loans? But as we turn into a cashless society, most transactions and financial deals will be in our hands. What do you think?
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I think if the cryptocurrency will make a huge step in the development, the state banks will release their cryptocurrency!  But since the market is now noticeably down, this will not happen in the near future. It is necessary that billionaires, large companies began to buy cryptocurrencies, only then it will hit the banks!
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
I also believe that this is unlikely. Or if it happens, only in the distant future. Very little time has passed since the advent of cryptocurrencies, it is not yet able to replace fiat money and become the main means of payment.
Activity: 159
Merit: 2
I think the banks don't disappear that's for sure and I do not believe that cryptocurrency will become so popular, if it even happens, you have 50 years or even more. Banks also manage smart people think and evaluate all the risks, but they can instead of conventional money will be make cryptocurrencies or something like that, in General, will find a way.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Banks are now actively trying to find ways to new technologies. Banks will not disappear anywhere, but new products based on cryptocurrency will appear.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
I don't think they will just dissappear.

But they will evolve and become something way different what they are currently is.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
I'm afraid to tell you it will not be as pleasant as you thought about it earlier, but it seems to me that bankers are directly related to crypto-currencies, because only they could arrange the same crazy need among the crypto currency.
I didn't think so that banks will disappear because of Cryptocurrency. If this is so then it would take a long run to pulled out banks. Banks will still be part of the economy but let's say that it would be less usable than it used too bit it cannot be disappear for as long as there's still people who believes in the used of bank accounts.
Activity: 210

Honestly based it is just from my opinion. I think bank will still exist even the time comes when the cryptocurrency is dominant through out the world..  I thibk that they will adopt also this changes..  Because it is part of their bussiness to adopt on the current trends and era...  It is just like instead of using fiat money they will used cryptocurrency.. If i happen it will be very great for everybody..
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I'm afraid to tell you it will not be as pleasant as you thought about it earlier, but it seems to me that bankers are directly related to crypto-currencies, because only they could arrange the same crazy need among the crypto currency.
Activity: 252
my bet is bank will continue but the role itself will change to become more relevant to cater cryptocurrency.
Activity: 361
There are people out there who dislike everything which is through technology. There are other who are not ready to even understand cryptos. Banks will still be there in the future. What I can assure is that, in the future cryptocurrencies will eventually gain a lot of attention.
Pages:
Jump to: