Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 213. (Read 186408 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Bitcoin may be replaced by a different crypto but not in this era. This era is bitcoin's era.
There may come a time that bitcoin's glory will come to an end, but rest assured that bitcoin will take a loooong time before that happens. We'll be long gone by then, most likely.

If bitcoin's glory come to an end, so goes on to the other cryptos.

Im very sure of that even people will disagree to my post. First of all, it's useless to fight over with it since we are not yet on the situation. Like I said, altcoins are just made to make profit.
This is a very valid point as you can see when the price of it falls so does the others like in a domino effect.
If it does one day go under so will the Rest of the Cryptos.
That sounds like a title of a really scary horror movie actually.  Cry

Im quiet agree here too.

If ever bitcoin will come to an end, people will be much more less faith in trusting any other cryptos since even bitcoin reached really a great achievement still it's suffer a failure at the end. Idea of transferring into other crypto I think will not be the priority as the output is already seen.

This is one that I have read from news.bitcoin, a good proof that if this currency went down it will be pulling others. In terms of trust or other things. People have been rooting for bitcoin and using other coins for means of getting more profit. So I also agree.

"Strictly speaking, there are no other fully functioning blockchains apart from Bitcoin; therefore, the Blockchain is Bitcoin. The only alternative to Bitcoin worth mentioning is Ethereum, and it is many orders of magnitude less secure yet, so it is mentioned here only anecdotally. ‘Smart contracts’ – the idea Ethereum boasts adding to the blockchain world – are not “legally binding contracts” in any part of the world, and will probably not be before long."

-Mass Network

And with the succesful progress of bitcoin today who else will think that it will suffer a downfall? If ever that will happen same thinking will be put on the bitcoin users and that is, it will pull down also the alts.

Im really not a fanatic of ETH as being one of the good contenders but I trades ETH to for profit purposes. Yes it has been kicking to the point that it surpass the LTC but still not a factor to replace bitcoin even for decades to come.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Hard question, when ever we speak about future for me its hard to see what is right and what is wrong. Like all the comments in this topic have some chances to realize in the future in my opinion. Some have more, some less chances but I saw too many surprises in my life and for me everything can happen.
Many times mentioned ethereium is also crypto currency. Why people think eth can replace btc? Isn't there enough space for both? Or even some other crypto also?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

Bitcoin may be replaced by a different crypto but not in this era. This era is bitcoin's era.
There may come a time that bitcoin's glory will come to an end, but rest assured that bitcoin will take a loooong time before that happens. We'll be long gone by then, most likely.

Im very sure of that even people will disagree to my post. First of all, it's useless to fight over with it since we are not yet on the situation. Like I said, altcoins are just made to make profit.
This is a very valid point as you can see when the price of it falls so does the others like in a domino effect.
That sounds like a title of a really scary horror movie actually.  Cry

Im quiet agree here too.

If ever bitcoin will come to an end, people will be much more less faith in trusting any other cryptos since even bitcoin reached really a great achievement still it's suffer a failure at the end. Idea of transferring into other crypto I think will not be the priority as the output is already seen.

This is one that I have read from news.bitcoin, a good proof that if this currency went down it will be pulling others. In terms of trust or other things. People have been rooting for bitcoin and using other coins for means of getting more profit. So I also agree.

"Strictly speaking, there are no other fully functioning blockchains apart from Bitcoin; therefore, the Blockchain is Bitcoin. The only alternative to Bitcoin worth mentioning is Ethereum, and it is many orders of magnitude less secure yet, so it is mentioned here only anecdotally. ‘Smart contracts’ – the idea Ethereum boasts adding to the blockchain world – are not “legally binding contracts” in any part of the world, and will probably not be before long."

-Mass Network
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Im quiet agree here too.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
★Nitrogensports.eu★
i really doubt that though there is always a possibility that something like that will happen in the future
of course it is not going to be replaced in any near future, i hope it is going to become huge in the near future
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
bitcoin can not be replaced in anything, all cryptocurrency, because in my opinion, every crypto currency has unique in the foundations and its can not compare each other and we all know, bitcoin is a like mother, and other cryptocurrency is like the child.

but its maybe happen if bitcoin has something bad happen, i can't give example. so for time to time, bitcoin will be bitcoin, and other crypto currency will be crypto currency.
Activity: 137
i really doubt that though there is always a possibility that something like that will happen in the future
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
i dont think that bitcoin will be easily replaced. bitcoin has been created by satoshi nakamoto very systematically that its very difficult to be replaced. it has been successfully accepted over past seven years.bitcoin has got good credibility.
There are definitely altcoins that are able to do some things better than Bitcoin can, but due to the lack of a community backing the altcoins it is typically increasingly difficult for the alts to gain any foothold within the community before it turns into a pump and dump from speculators. There is very little chance that a new alt would be able t succeed in the first place.

I don't believe in that. Altcoins are made for one purpose and that is not to replace bitcoin but rather for profit purposes. If in the first place the purpose was to beat what bitcoin can do, why the main purpose is to kick it's price? Yes price really matters for community to hug that altcoin then just think of the technology later, but the difference is, in most of the alts, no such thing of that kind of purpose are exposed even with those alts that running for couple of years now.
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
No, it is not possible that any other crypto currency will replace bitcoin, bitcoin is a master crypto currency and people believe on other crypto currency because of bitcoin, without bitcoin no other altcoin will survive and no other crypto currency have the potential to go faster than bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
i dont think that bitcoin will be easily replaced. bitcoin has been created by satoshi nakamoto very systematically that its very difficult to be replaced. it has been successfully accepted over past seven years.bitcoin has got good credibility.
There are definitely altcoins that are able to do some things better than Bitcoin can, but due to the lack of a community backing the altcoins it is typically increasingly difficult for the alts to gain any foothold within the community before it turns into a pump and dump from speculators. There is very little chance that a new alt would be able t succeed in the first place.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
The price of Monero rose more than 120% in the last few days. It is a good coin with anonymity, It might replace bitcoin.
I highly doubt that. We see huge spikes and falls on daily basis on many alt coins, and this 120% rise in price would probably be another pump and dump attempt.
Yeah a lot of people just take advantage of altcoins because the price is so volatile, it can be easy to manipulate and make a profit if you know what you’re doing. other than these, I do not find any advantage of altcoins. So, they are never a threat to bitcoin. Bitcoin will never be replaced by any altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
bitcoin is the mother of all Crypto currencies so I don't think it can die and leave other altcoins alive.....
bitcoins are here to inspire all altcoins out there...

I agree, and I think there will be no  cryptocurrency at this point that can replace bitcoin.  Comparatibly, most of this altcoin are just pump and dump coin, and not even one come close to bitcoin useability, adoptibility, user base and alot more.  So no alternae cryptocurrenncyt can replace bitcoin for onemain readasoon, people adoption.
We can not sure that anytime that bitcoin will be crash.. so it can be still possible to happen.. i know many people can say that its impossible to happen but we are not fortune teller that what will happen for bitcoin.. so anytime some altcoin can replace altcoin ..
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
bitcoin is the mother of all Crypto currencies so I don't think it can die and leave other altcoins alive.....

I agree, and I think there will be no  cryptocurrency at this point that can replace bitcoin.  Comparatibly, most of this altcoin are just pump and dump coin, and not even one come close to bitcoin useability, adoptibility, user base and alot more.  So no alternae cryptocurrenncyt can replace bitcoin for onemain readasoon, people adoption.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 144
The price of Monero rose more than 120% in the last few days. It is a good coin with anonymity, It might replace bitcoin.
I highly doubt that. We see huge spikes and falls on daily basis on many alt coins, and this 120% rise in price would probably be another pump and dump attempt.
I too don’t think this would be possible. Currently bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency and it will continue to be the number one crypto currency. It was the first of its kind to take off and hasn’t failed once since it’s release!
of course it is not possible that bitcoin is going to be replaced, all the crypto trading is literally set around bitcoin and without it it wouldnt be possible
well it is actually possible if people would start selling all their bitcoins then in my opinion other currencies then could rise up
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
I too don’t think this would be possible. Currently bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency and it will continue to be the number one crypto currency. It was the first of its kind to take off and hasn’t failed once since it’s release!
of course it is not possible that bitcoin is going to be replaced, all the crypto trading is literally set around bitcoin and without it it wouldnt be possible

All it would need is a coin to be worth 1.(something) with around the same maximum coins minted, and Bitcoin would become No.2 on the marketcap  its not that unbelievable, I mean we have flying cars now, oh wait....
Activity: 219
Merit: 205
_Bitcoin Africa_
Jump to: