Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 208. (Read 186408 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
It makes a lot of sense that Bitcoin will eventually be replaced by another cryptocurrency or new technology. Just like how fiat evolved to today stage and is going to be replaced by Bitcoin, a currency that is controlled by the public - hopefully. However, I do not see it coming anytime soon because Bitcoin is still the strongest cryptocurrency available today.

the great thing with bitcoin is that this entire project is open source. all things can be done to make bitcoin more future proof when needed. segwit will be a great first step towards making bitcoin more future proof. with all these updates from time to time, the chances of another digital currency replacing bitcoin will be smaller and smaller.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
It makes a lot of sense that Bitcoin will eventually be replaced by another cryptocurrency or new technology. Just like how fiat evolved to today stage and is going to be replaced by Bitcoin, a currency that is controlled by the public - hopefully. However, I do not see it coming anytime soon because Bitcoin is still the strongest cryptocurrency available today.
There is a big possibility that it might happen because we are here in the cryto world, and anything can happen of course, the value of a certain coins here will depend on the trust of the people in the community, if they chooses to trust other currency bitcoin will loses its value.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
As of now we can really see that most of the other altcoins doesn't even got the price as half as bitcoin so for now this query is really from realistic. And if ever that in the near future there would be an altcoin which equals to bitcoin it would be a good competition
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
BTC. ETC. EOS
Replacing bitcoin will be very hard to do as bitcoin is well established by now. In future, the bitcoin foundation can make changes or hard fork the block chain if the need arises on any matters. As long as the bitcoin foundation takes the right decisions at the right time, everything is going to be fine for bitcoin and it will stay as the King of the Crypto world.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
no never that bitcoin replace by another crypto currency . because bitcoin is too much stronger and powerful and a lot of people are adopting bitcoin in huge amount because bitcoin is very secure and safe currency than other currency so i prefer that bitcoin is much more stronger.
Activity: 210
Very less to no chances for other coins to surpass bitcoin because bitcoin is on top most list of most market potential cryptocurrency and to take place of bitcoin other coin might have reborn again with new luck and new algorithm. People knows mostly about bitcoin and for other coin people just take easy but with bitcoin people takes seriously.
Activity: 490
I expect that Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other crypto currency untill 2050.After that, it may be replaced by other crypto currency, but still Bitcoin will remain in the market, may not be in the first place
Yes i also dont see bitcoin being replaced my any other crypto-currency in the near or far future.2050 is too far too think about but for many years from now on i dont see this happen,bitcoin is the boss of all crypto-currency and it will not change.

Boss of all Cheesy Agree ! It cant replace buy the other crypto right now or in the next few years because of its cool aspects and characteristics! But we can say that it is possible soon but now it is impossible!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Not the current currencies and not anytime soon, We can already see the competition and although some look promising like ETH and Monero they are still far from taking out bitcoin place, Mostly people use them to speculate the price rather than holding.
Activity: 238
I expect that Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other crypto currency untill 2050.After that, it may be replaced by other crypto currency, but still Bitcoin will remain in the market, may not be in the first place
Yes i also dont see bitcoin being replaced my any other crypto-currency in the near or far future.2050 is too far too think about but for many years from now on i dont see this happen,bitcoin is the boss of all crypto-currency and it will not change.
Activity: 742
Activity: 756
very imposible is altcoin can replace and take over position bitcoin
is number one crypto coin, all altcoin still need bitcoin to convert fiat money

altcoin can replace and take over bitcoin must follow requirement
trusted big community high volume transaction, and all exchanger must support pair fiat money

That is right. The bitcoin will be the base currency. It is the reserve currency in the digital world and not replaceable.

Bitcoin is the king of digital coins, and it has been around from the time when there was no other currencies like how much there are now we can see in the markets, so they wont be able to even come near bitcoin in terms of price or popularity, they run because of bitcoin but bitcoin does not run because of them.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518

trusted big community high volume transaction, and all exchanger must support pair fiat money

That is right. The bitcoin will be the base currency. It is the reserve currency in the digital world and not replaceable.
Activity: 126

Activity: 535
There will come a time when Bitcoin will be replaced by something better / newer but I think it will be a slow process and its far in the future.
Activity: 350
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
i do not think that Bitcoin is going to be replaced by a other crypto currency because Bitcoin is without a doubt the most popular one.
It would be really something if a other one would come in and take the crown of Bitcoin.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
i don't think so because bitcoin is main crypto
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
There's actually two ways for Bitcoin to get replaced by another crypto-currency. The first and a far-from-reality way is an altcoin would rise. That altcoin is not a simple altcoin, the devs of that altcoin has implemented out-of-the-box ideas that people of the Internet has never thought of. Sounds unrealistic, right? But it might be possible in the future, we just can't see it right now.

The second way is that Bitcoin gets taken down by something. Maybe hackers would DDOS the shit out of Blockchain. Idk what it would be but it's something that will make Bitcoin transactions really really slow, making people go to the second best crypto-currency at that point.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Right now, I can't see how it is a possibility. Every single altcoin depends on Bitcoin. But maybe in the future, after some upgrades, a new coin will rise and surpass Bitcoin. Maybe a rise-only coin that you can sell whenever you want? People would surely invest in a coin like that especially if it's rising exponentially.

if bitcoin is going to be surpassed at some point in the future, then it won't be because of another crypto currency. bitcoin is open source and can get updated to make it future proof when needed. altcoins will remain altcoins which at some point will see their value vanish and get pushed back by a rival coin. it's just a part of the market that makes it great for speculation purposes, not really for actual usage.
Activity: 532
Yes bitcoin will be soon replaced by new crypto because bitcoin has some flaws like long confirmation time which is getting longer every year

It might just happen, however I am not convinced that it will be replaced in the next 10 years. Because I see the bitcoin still have outstanding fans even increasingly growing. So this proves that bitcoin has a very strong foundation, and needed some time to destroy the Foundation of the bitcoin
Jump to: