Pages:
Author

Topic: WIll bitcoin be the point of reference for other cryptocurrencies for ever? - page 3. (Read 298 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 106
Knowing that Bitcoin is the first successful cryptocurrency to emerge in the crypto world it has undoubtedly taken the spot as the "root" of all digital currencies and will always serve as a reference to any other after it. But knowing the unpredictable world of crypto that notion remains to be seen.
As we see the USD ($) as a point of reference and determiner of value for most national currencies on the international market, will bitcoin as the mother of cryptocurrency be the determiner and reference point for the value of other crypocurrencies with time. I have witness that all newly coins aspire to get to where bitcoin has gotten to and even beyond and it baffles my mind that for sure will there be a potential coin to by pass bitcoin and serve as a reference point.
I agree to this. Bitcoin being the first cryptocurrency has made it the main point of reference, or values of other cryptocurrencies. However, I still see potential in other coins to be a point of reference in the future because of the vast advancement in technology. I believe that Ethereum may be one of the main players in becoming a point of reference, as it is now being used with other altcoins as well.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
Altcoins tend to follow Bitcoin's trend, so it is fair to say that Bitcoin's value is a reference.
Besides the value, most altcoins also use Bitcoin's main implementation (Core) for their software.
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is the most crucial crypto currency which price affect the price of other coins as well. Besides, it is the most popular crypto which can be used as refferance certainly.
Activity: 280
Probably yes, bitcoin is the baseline or reference of the other cryptocurrencies in the crypto market and it will always be. I had been observing the crypto market for quiet sometime through coinmarketcap exchange regarding the market movement and I usually notice that everytime btc is in red (downtrend),majority of the altcoins is also in red and vise versa. I believe that btc is correlated with the alternative coins and that is why it mostly happened in the market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
Yes.. the futurist goal of many other cryptocurrencies on the market is to overtake bitcoin one day which is a positive target. Being the mother coin and the kind of pace or standard it has set, most other coin will always look up to them even when it is no more.   
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
I think bitcoin will remain a point of reference for other coins and always dominate the market, since bitcoin is the first coin coined and already popular in societies in various countries. Bitcoin is also widely used for the exchange of other coins in the cryptocurency market.

Yes.Knowing bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies,people still chose to trust it and even make it as the point of reference for other cryptos.And since the market of today has still no coins that are as good as bitcoin,then it will forever remain as the point of reference for other cryptos.
Activity: 72
I think bitcoin will remain a point of reference for other coins and always dominate the market, since bitcoin is the first coin coined and already popular in societies in various countries. Bitcoin is also widely used for the exchange of other coins in the cryptocurency market.
Activity: 98
This is an  digital currency number one and i think bitcoin will can be the point of referance for other cryptocurrencies for ever
Activity: 185
As we see the USD ($) as a point of reference and determiner of value for most national currencies on the international market, will bitcoin as the mother of cryptocurrency be the determiner and reference point for the value of other crypocurrencies with time. I have witness that all newly coins aspire to get to where bitcoin has gotten to and even beyond and it baffles my mind that for sure will there be a potential coin to by pass bitcoin and serve as a reference point.
Bitcoin is excellent. The way it works and how it has maintained its position uptil now. However, there are coins like TAU, DRGN which we all can see are progressing at a great pace. They can take hold of the market very soon too.
Activity: 168
Well yes bitcoin has been ranked top and was the first ever coin, but this market is unpredictable you never know which coin can rise or fall. Coins like PRG, ICX are working great and they can totally be at a position where they can lead the market.
Activity: 55
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever and also it has presented a technology called Blockchain. So obviously other cryptocurrency's value will affected by bitcoin. Actually we are seeing now. All the coins value tends to follow the price of bitcoin. So it is the pioneer of all cryptocurrencies and will remain as such.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
Knowing that Bitcoin is the first successful cryptocurrency to emerge in the crypto world it has undoubtedly taken the spot as the "root" of all digital currencies and will always serve as a reference to any other after it. But knowing the unpredictable world of crypto that notion remains to be seen.
Activity: 126
November 2017 is a time when people have a strong belief in money. They saw signs of rising, rushed to buy. Thanks to that, Bitcoin is gaining momentum. Other currencies also increase accordingly. But every market can not grow forever, it is gradually stabilizing. It's time to return to the right track, ignoring the expectations of investors.
Activity: 280
bitcoin is the most popular and most truestable one but we can never guess what will the upcoming future will bring, it's a competitive market so crypto currency market will allow new arrivals if they found it profitable
Activity: 266
Well, I think yes. Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies from the very beginning. I think in future it will play its role like USD. Moreover, BTC is the king of all cryptocurrencies and it has a very good potential to invest.
Activity: 252
In market btc is the most famous currency based on this btc is given the highest facilities to their customers also this currency suddenly down because of investment also demand and supply also I agree your term you mentioned based on this we should invest more here.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
Yes. Basically, the rest of cryptos step in line which leading by Bitcoin market trend and no matter it is uptrend or downtrend.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
If I think bitcoin remains a reference to other coins because bitcoin is the first currency exchange tool so I think that the replaceable bitcoin is not possible.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
well as long as we don't have any other proper cryptocurrency, then yes.
so far what we have is altcoins that are only used for speculation and pump and dumps. and that means people aren't going to take them seriously more than the time their pumping period lasts. and they do it in order to earn more of the serious currency which is bitcoin and fiat as their profit. so it is understandable for bitcoin to be the "point of reference".
Activity: 382
Bitcoin will always be the ALPHA Coin, others follows.
It will be difficult for other upcoming coins to overtake Bitcoin
due to to its volume of circulation worldwide.

Beside coins comes to being as a result of the birth of Bitcoin,
and this will always make Bitcoin ten step ahead of other coins.
I think that is the reason why whenever the price of Bitcoin drops,
it affect the price of most coins. One way or the other Bitcoin have
a very strong influence in most of the other crypto currency.  

As time passes by, it becoming glaring that Bitcoin will soon become
the world currency in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: