Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be used to support terrorists? - page 7. (Read 140883 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Everyone can use bitcoin in different ways even it in good time or bad time. Bitcoin is not variant to fiat or any form of money, as long as it have a value it will use in many ways
Activity: 182
bitcoin already used by many bad peoples to their business such like drug dealer, weapon dealer, money laundering and other criminal activities. They using bitcoin as a payment because its untraceable. But it doesn't make bitcoin bad, because the bad are the peoples.
Activity: 322
Merit: 16
That's not make bitcoin is bad depends for people who use it. Bitcoin it's free for all people who understand. Some also says that this is their way to pull down the economy of that country for them to become rich. If bitcoin used by terrorists it's not fault of bitcoins. Who used it will be their fault.
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
Bitcoin can really support terrorist, especially for their funds in buying such equipment and tools to operate. We all know how deep our internet is, and we are also aware of those different underground transactions happening around the world, sometimes, the money being used in those kinds of transactions is bitcoin. I remember that my professor showed us a video concerning transactions in where bitcoin serves as the medium to buy different guns and ammos and even vehicles, in that way, it comes to my mind that nothing is impossible when you have many bitcoin which is tantamount of having many money.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
On March 8th, Cheollima Civil Defense(CCD) released a video on its website claiming:” Han Sol, the son of Kim Jong Nam, and two other family members were met quickly and relocated to safety. “ And they receive bitcoin for financial support. http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-plays-a-role-in-humanitarian-assistance This is something nice to do. But what if bitcoin be used to support some bad organizations, even terrorists? Is this already happening?  What i am worrying is if bitcoin be widely used for bad things, negative news would be all over and bitcoin price will drop. It will lead to tougher regulation. Do u think world leaders are willing to kill btc to make sure they can fight terrirists?

It is already happening, there are different news coming from countries where terrorist is using bitcoins for money laundering and they also use cryptocurrency to buy guns and anything that they need because it will be undetected through blockchain.
Activity: 59
Terrorist are also closely watching new technologies that could help them in their activities and Bitcoin was ideal because of the anonimity and it was hard to determine the source of funding. I think bitcoin is not the reason behind, something like this, the real culprit would be the person itself he can surely done anything with his bitcoin.
The technology itself is not right or wrong. The U.S. dollar is also used by terrorists and drug traffickers for illegal activities. Why not forbid the U.S. dollar? Money is just a medium. So Bitcoin is right and wrong is only a terrorist.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
Bitcoin can’t support terrorist at all. All I know is the powerful and rich people who are against to one nation or country are the one who are supporting the terrorist. In this point of time of my life I still wonder why those people are using terrorist to destroy one country or place. Some says that they are using terrorist in other to sell their guns and ammo. Some also says that this is their way to pull down the economy of that country for them to become rich.   
Activity: 112
I don't think there is a big difference between fiat and bitcoin, of course, the value is a difference, but the same terrorists are doing their activities with fiat currency only when compared to bitcoin. In order to convert bitcoin they need fiat currency first, yes there are some people who are using bitcoin for terrorist activity.
Activity: 115
Merit: 11
On March 8th, Cheollima Civil Defense(CCD) released a video on its website claiming:” Han Sol, the son of Kim Jong Nam, and two other family members were met quickly and relocated to safety. “ And they receive bitcoin for financial support. http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-plays-a-role-in-humanitarian-assistance This is something nice to do. But what if bitcoin be used to support some bad organizations, even terrorists? Is this already happening?  What i am worrying is if bitcoin be widely used for bad things, negative news would be all over and bitcoin price will drop. It will lead to tougher regulation. Do u think world leaders are willing to kill btc to make sure they can fight terrirists?

Honestly, it may not be far from the truth that it could be used for bad things because BTC is anonymous and decentralized. Just like the notorious virus named wannacry/ransomware that hacked different offices in Manila and asked ransom through BTC to release your files. But for now terrorist and other bad people are using cash also to transact. My point is it is not upto the type of currency that decides if people will do bad or good. So I do not think all world leaders will totally shut btc down.
Activity: 32
Merit: 2
Everybody's utilizing bitcoin to their own particular use and will, including psychological militants. I feel that Bitcoin is likewise helping psychological oppressor in a way that bitcoin exchange are secure and unknown and nobody will have the capacity to track the sender collector for the unlawful things. It might be utilized to buy high unstable weapons or even medications and so forth. Yet we can't propose Bitcoin is in charge of this all psychological militant exercises. Its simply helping them to conceal their personality and continue doing unlawful work in darknet.
Activity: 252
Merit: 17
I heard about this before that bitcoin was used to support terrorists. I can say that it can be used to send money to terrorist to support in their financial needs. We all know that bitcoin is open to all people, whatever is your job, race, nationality, gender, age, religion and beliefs. In this case no one can control if some bad people want to use bitcoin to give money to terrorist. This is one of the side of bitcoin that no one can’t control. But in the other hand this is not fault of the bitcoin because in sending money literately no one or there must be no exceptions.
Activity: 24
this is a good topic.
it's not the means that makes a thing bad but the people using them.
bitcoin does not define an organization or someone
that's my take.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12

It is possible that bitcoin can be used by others to support terrorists. Why? Bitcoin doesn't need bank to bank transaction to send it. It only requires internet connection to send bitcoin to terrosrist, after that, they can encash bitcoin to many encashment establishment without requiring their identifications.
Activity: 532
I think it may. Many of the undercover agent had confirmed that many of the transaction of terrorist are done through crypto currency. Behind this the main reason is the proof. To transect a medium amount of money through crypto currency you don't need to give any kind of earning proof. So if any terrorist transact money through crypto currency then there are no one to trace them. Yes it's a disadvantage of crypto currency. But if by any chance the board of crypto currency can regulate it then this advantage will be vanished.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
The bitcoin feature is anonymous so everyone is free to use bitcoin and does not need an identity to create a wallet, it only takes about 5 minutes then we can receive and send bitcoin to the whole world, it can certainly be used for illegal activities such as purchasing drugs until to support terrorists.
Activity: 91
I am new in bitcoin. But whatever i know, Bitcoin is not an illegal money. But, the terrorist are use bitcoin for buy and sell arms and also boom. They are free to use bitcoin. That's why they are use bitcoin. Also bitcoin transaction is a secret transaction. Anybody can not maintain or track bitcoin. For this reason terrorist are use bitcoin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
That maybe one of the reasons why bitcoin has not been regulated yet and legalized until the present because of course I'm sure that came across every governments mind, what if that will happen. And it is possible to happen because of its anonymity, thus making illegal transactions untraceable.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
lol. all money can be use by the terrorists and bitcoin will kill just like that? how ridiculous is that maybe its use because its easy by the terrorist to transact money with bitcoin but its not the point they use the all kind of money by kill people and government can take action with that? no! even they use all digital money it does not affect what people believe and they will continue to invest with btc.
Activity: 350
Supporting terrorists using bitcoin, for me its conceivable since after searching internet reading some news about some people using bitcoin to purchase weapons similar to what some terrorist groups are using then it’s highly possible that there are people using bitcoin to support and fund terrorists. Bitcoin are also much harder to trace when using it doesn't leave enough trails to follow where its been sent and to its identity sent to.
Activity: 40
 Satoshi Nakamoto created these digital currency so that we can have freedom about our money and send it efficiently throughout the world. In this way we can stop the use of bitcoin in bad thing and we will finally support the bitcoin in really way .
Pages:
Jump to: