Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be used to support terrorists? - page 11. (Read 140885 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is anonymous so that it can be freely used by anyone including the terrorists, I believe the current terrorist transactions will be redirected to the bitcoin so as to make them are not tracked.
Yeah true  bitcoin is for everybody who likes to a part of this,even perpertrators can join here if they interested and beleive in here.,and we can avoid it also by not telling this to someone who you think he/she has a bad thing done.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
On March 8th, Cheollima Civil Defense(CCD) released a video on its website claiming:” Han Sol, the son of Kim Jong Nam, and two other family members were met quickly and relocated to safety. “ And they receive bitcoin for financial support. http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-plays-a-role-in-humanitarian-assistance This is something nice to do. But what if bitcoin be used to support some bad organizations, even terrorists? Is this already happening?  What i am worrying is if bitcoin be widely used for bad things, negative news would be all over and bitcoin price will drop. It will lead to tougher regulation. Do u think world leaders are willing to kill btc to make sure they can fight terrirists?

In my opinion, the actual use of bitcoin can not be controlled and can be used to fund crime and we do not know where the funds will be used, but I think only a few people like that, even bitcoin can also be used for positive things like to help the area affected by the disaster
Activity: 167
Everyone is capable in joining in bitcoin and its up to them if they will do it in good or bad moves,,,we cannot stop them,.even if its not terrorist i think they can use it in bad doings  i mean anyone can if they want,.but   the best thing for us to do is please dont allow this bitcoin introduced to somebody whom you think he or shes a bad person.,just help who us really needy not to any harmful person.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
On March 8th, Cheollima Civil Defense(CCD) released a video on its website claiming:” Han Sol, the son of Kim Jong Nam, and two other family members were met quickly and relocated to safety. “ And they receive bitcoin for financial support. http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-plays-a-role-in-humanitarian-assistance This is something nice to do. But what if bitcoin be used to support some bad organizations, even terrorists? Is this already happening?  What i am worrying is if bitcoin be widely used for bad things, negative news would be all over and bitcoin price will drop. It will lead to tougher regulation. Do u think world leaders are willing to kill btc to make sure they can fight terrirists?

The difference between terrorism and legitimate government is victory. Bitcoin is already used to support terrorists. Just in the past year, I, personally, have had several thousand USD in taxes extracted by the IRS from my sales of bitcoin. This money is used primarily to finance a global war of domination by a a few alleged men in the District of Columbia.

Now, as to it's "illicit" uses, not very long ago the very people crying wolf commissioned a study showing that somewhere south of 1% of all bitcoin transactions were used for criminal activity.

The ugly truth that these people refuse to acknowledge is that for criminal use, the US Dollar remains king, and will so long as it's the world's dominant currency.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
On March 8th, Cheollima Civil Defense(CCD) released a video on its website claiming:” Han Sol, the son of Kim Jong Nam, and two other family members were met quickly and relocated to safety. “ And they receive bitcoin for financial support....

money as money they could use gold dimonds inside some pet or tool that noone will ever susspect that heeave treasure inside.
We can not bad people to use USD on daily basis we won't stop them from using BTC/XMR and other intruments.
Crime doesn't exist becouse we have BTC in 1st place if there will be no BTC it won't disapear man.
Activity: 6
It could, it depends on the situation. But for me, the main why bitcoin will be used to support terrorist, is because many people now know how to make bitcoins, and I think the thing they could use in bitcoin is for the ammunition or it could be guns or some sorts of stuffs for their terror attacks.
Activity: 78
Because of bitcoin transactions can be completed anonymously, the virtual currency is an ideal way for criminals - including terrorists - to hide their financial transactions from the government agencies and law enforcement.

Bitcoin can be sent anywhere, converted into cash, and deposited in banks. its as if cash was made invisible in one location, secretly taken to another location undetected, and then made visible again.
Activity: 224
Bitcoin is a valuable thing, so some people will try to use it to do bad things, especially if it has an anonymous function, which is unavoidable.
Activity: 59
I think it has and probably is still getting used. I know for a fact a Saudi price was caught sending bitcoin to an Isis cell. Millions as well. This doesn't mean I'm saying bitcoin is evil, no I'm not bill gates. You can't blame the instrument
Activity: 449
I dont think so they will not use bitcoin to support terrorists but they can use it in some ways. They will use bitcoin to buy or sell all their need and stuffs. It can be use also in illegal drugs because in this way they cant trace the transaction because itbis anonymous.
Activity: 47
why not, it is possible to support terrorist, they need budget too mate, they can made a bomb from sophisticated stuff, so they need revolutionary way in budgeting too Smiley

I think the fictitious currency has the potential of attracting illegal financial transactions that terrorist groups may use in the United States to collect funds and transfer them to terrorists or fund their backers in the United States. However, the risks of terrorist financing are not yet clear.
Activity: 224

I guess their is possibility that it could happen. Bitcoin can be a tool for those terrorist to transact for their warfare needs. Thinking about this one government may finds ways in tracking individuals who will use btc as a tool in evil means.
Activity: 289
Merit: 103

First do not believe what internet says ...
If that is some kind of dark web maybe yess but it will take more search to verify if it is true.
Bitcoin is decentralize but think of it.. will the seller accept bitcoin as payment for all equipment terorist need.. maybe seller would have second thought that it may be a terorist..
I dont see any news that bitcoin was able to buy equipments etc used by terorist..
But if thats happen then because it is the dark side of coins able to do
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
Your governments want to fight terrorists because they want to control terrorists, but initially they have always controlled terrorists by paying them.

terrorists dont come out of nowhere they are fomented in a proxy war strategy to serve geopolitical aims.

Your government always lies about terrorists, they never mention to you that they recruited and trained terrorist leaders.

Your fear of terrorists is encouraged so that you will submit to their authority over your freedom. you are even being taught to be suspicious of bitcoin because it is a convenient excuse as to why they have so much funding.

where do you think all the terrorists were getting paid from before bitcoin existed?

bitcoin is actually not a convenient thing to use for clandestine fundings anyway because its movement is far more transparent than old fashioned money.

That's an age old conspiracy theory. I agree that there is some truth to it, but that it's not all true. At best, the government is probably funding entities that fund terrorists. These terrorists compromise the security and stability of nations and no sane government would want that. They did play a massive role in their rise though, whether directly or indirectly.

But yeah, bitcoin being used to fund terrorists has always been a concern. There hasn't been a high profile confirmed case, but it's definitely more than a possibility.
Activity: 56
Of course, bitcoins will be used for paying to terrorists, because its very fast, reliable and no one will follow. No one cares how the money are transferred and whom, the main thing is that you can earn money on this.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
Your governments want to fight terrorists because they want to control terrorists, but initially they have always controlled terrorists by paying them.

terrorists dont come out of nowhere they are fomented in a proxy war strategy to serve geopolitical aims.

Your government always lies about terrorists, they never mention to you that they recruited and trained terrorist leaders.

Your fear of terrorists is encouraged so that you will submit to their authority over your freedom. you are even being taught to be suspicious of bitcoin because it is a convenient excuse as to why they have so much funding.

where do you think all the terrorists were getting paid from before bitcoin existed?

bitcoin is actually not a convenient thing to use for clandestine fundings anyway because its movement is far more transparent than old fashioned money.
Activity: 378

I think it might be possible. But can you see how pathetic it is, that they will kill/stop bitcoin just because it is used to support terroris or bad guys. Bitcoin shouldn't be the one to be stop but the terrorist itself. They still can't stop terrorist just because they cut bitcoin existence, there are still natural money that can support them. And if they stop bitcoin, it would be a big regret because they stop or either regulate bitcoin that does helps their people and also their economy status just because of a single problem that still isn't got solve. It would be such a big mistake.
In terms of terrorism everything is possible, even bank account can be used because they are looking for opportunities to get funding, yeah it’s not a reason to  stop bitcoin because of these criminals because it's not Bitcoin causes terrorism. the root cause really is the convictions of their beliefs. 

Yes you are right but i hope that this will not happen because the banning of ico's in china might repeat again. Maybe if the nbi will know about the transaction of bitcoins is being used by terrorist to buy guns then that will be the threat of bitcoin to be stopped.
Activity: 316
Merit: 101
The Winner Stands Alone
why not, it is possible to support terrorist, they need budget too mate, they can made a bomb from sophisticated stuff, so they need revolutionary way in budgeting too Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 107

I think it might be possible. But can you see how pathetic it is, that they will kill/stop bitcoin just because it is used to support terroris or bad guys. Bitcoin shouldn't be the one to be stop but the terrorist itself. They still can't stop terrorist just because they cut bitcoin existence, there are still natural money that can support them. And if they stop bitcoin, it would be a big regret because they stop or either regulate bitcoin that does helps their people and also their economy status just because of a single problem that still isn't got solve. It would be such a big mistake.
In terms of terrorism everything is possible, even bank account can be used because they are looking for opportunities to get funding, yeah it’s not a reason to  stop bitcoin because of these criminals because it's not Bitcoin causes terrorism. the root cause really is the convictions of their beliefs. 
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
It cannot be controlled. Since US dollars and just about all FIAT is used - then no doubt Bitcoin will be used in this way also.
Pages:
Jump to: