Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin become a long-term trusted store of value? - page 15. (Read 3333 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 0
Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.
In my opininion bitcoin will become a long term trusted store of value, because of its characteristics and it's a limited supply that makes attraction to the investors. Actually, bitcoin is still remain as the strongest cryptocurrency, so it's deserving for long term invesment.
Activity: 702
Merit: 255
Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.
I agree with you, bitcoin is just going to become something like another gold, but its value will be much higher.
But you also do not need to rule out the option that bitcoin is a means to squeeze money out of people.
So do not forget about risk management, despite the figures that draws your imagination in your head.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Could be, we all see that bitcoin development is on the rise, this makes all bitcoin users optimistic with the future of bitcoin, I'm sure that everyone is getting more confident with the future of bitcoin.

Yes there is that possibility that it would become a store of value for the long time but eventually it would become a currency as its price becomes more stable. The crypto world is still in its infancy that's why prices are still volatile and with a lot of new money coming in, prices go up and down rapidly causing an opportunity for the traders to trade more than use bitcoin as currency. With a limited supply and increasing demand, price will surge making it a good investment opportunity and makes the people hold it than spend it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
Could be, we all see that bitcoin development is on the rise, this makes all bitcoin users optimistic with the future of bitcoin, I'm sure that everyone is getting more confident with the future of bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
Given the high volatility that has characterized cryptocurrencies over time, it does not seem that the manifest destiny of bitcoin is to become a reliable store of value, because no one in this world would be willing to deposit their wealth in an asset that in a matter of days and before any rumor, it could lose more than 50% of its value. And even more so when the technology that supports Bitcoin does not seem to have enough strength to remain valid over the years, because the possibility of being displaced by more advanced technologies could lead to bitcoin at a lower price every day.
Oh please... the fact that it is volatile does not make it any worse that fiat. I guess you should have known that already. As long as everyone understands this is a new market and until we probably have a huge market cap and a lot of bigger investors in, we will keep seeing this level of volatility. All we have on the chart is just people getting greedy unnecessarily based on speculations, buying into FOMO, those are some set of inexperienced investors who just want to get rich overnight and what do you expect from the market ?
True, those that are expecting bitcoin to be like fiat are completely mistaken, fiat has existed for a very long time and in this day is the dominant form of money, that is why it is relatively stable, if bitcoin had existed for such a long time and it was the most dominant currency around the world you can be sure that it will be as stable or even more stable than fiat.
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
any investment is at risk, unstable at a price that makes a little anxiety until investors hesitate and re-think to invest their money in btc in the long run, but there is a big advantage that will be less pressing their anxiety at least they invest in some time ahead while continuing to monitor btc exchange rate every time, so trust is there but not completely yes maybe around that you predicted earlier
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Yes and I'm pretty sure for it. The dominant of bitcoin nowadays is a loud voice on how clear your words is.

That's has a great possibility. Because bitcoin value is unpredictable and making it in long term investment has a great possibilities to be a good storage of great profit in terms of its very promising value. Mostly of the successful investors of bitcoin gives their 100% trust to it and they really gained more profit of having it used for long term investment strategy.
Activity: 353
Merit: 4

Yes, bitcoin can be of value for the long term, so many investors choose bitcoin as a reliable long-term investment, bitcoin can rise high and even though bitcoin decreases, it would be a good time to buy bitcoin, and because the demand for bitcoin increases then will make the bitcoin value increase.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Bitcoin can be a reliable repository of value only when it does not have a very high cost. When it reaches a very high price, due to the fact that its volatility will continue to manifest itself, and, in the course of time, the amplitude of its fluctuations will only increase, it is unlikely that it will then be a reliable repository of value. With each large decline, some bitcoin holders will be wary of their significant savings and will sell their bitcoins. This will loosen the situation and can lead to panic in the market and a sharp drop in the bitcoin rate until it depreciates.
The volatility of bitcoin is not such a great factor just look at what happened in the last year the price went up very rapidly and then it went down very rapidly however the price did not crash completely we began the last year at 1000 and the bottom of the crash was 6000 that is still incredible profits for a coin that is just supposed to be for some people a store of value.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100

I believe that there are a lot of people already who are trusting bitcoins because they invest a huge amount and hold it for a very long time because they are expecting a huge profit that they can earn in the future.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
I believe that bitcoin can be a long term trusted coin because of its specs and usage. The scarcity also of bitcoin makes its endurance, why? Because if it has unlimited supply of coins then for sure its price will not goes up. The tendency is that, many investors will pull their investment because bitcoin is not profitable.

off course, I agree with you mate. bitcoin can be a long term trusted coin, because of its specs and usage. it is simple and secure. also so popular.
Its usage in the long run as a reliable currency to hold and make transactions will be one of the major things that would make bitcoin stand out in the long run as a store of value. Some may be skeptical with respect to it being just a digital asset and nothing physical, but we also have to understand we are already in the digital age and a lot of things are changing. For bitcoin? Long term storage it is and nothing will make me change my opinion regarding that except of course if........

Moreover, the idea that makes bitcoin be not just a currency but a store of value as well is its deflationary characteristics. As long as this is intact, with the limited supply and more adoption, it definitely means we are obviously heading up and nothing is going to be changing that. Bitcoin has been a very good store of value over the years and with the way things are now, it is even becoming more glaring that we have better days ahead for those who believe in its real value.
Activity: 17
bitcoin is already long term trusted store of value
I told it to my friends who bought bitcoins at 20 000 $ Grin
Activity: 420
bitcoin is already long term trusted store of value, bitcoin is very good coin that exist very long time ago. bitcoin is very secured coin and it is profitable coin that people can make money easily. bitcoin is good assets because the price goes up and up so fast.
Activity: 17
Perhaps bitcoin can be attributed to a reliable investment of money for a long time, only there are many currencies in the market that allow you to increase revenue many times faster.
I fully agree with you. As in any business, prolonged freezing of funds is unacceptable. Long-term investments are made only in the least risky projects with a well-defined profit. On the other hand, Bitcoin has many prospects for development, and it can completely change the current concept of investment.
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
Perhaps bitcoin can be attributed to a reliable investment of money for a long time, only there are many currencies in the market that allow you to increase revenue many times faster.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Given the high volatility that has characterized cryptocurrencies over time, it does not seem that the manifest destiny of bitcoin is to become a reliable store of value, because no one in this world would be willing to deposit their wealth in an asset that in a matter of days and before any rumor, it could lose more than 50% of its value. And even more so when the technology that supports Bitcoin does not seem to have enough strength to remain valid over the years, because the possibility of being displaced by more advanced technologies could lead to bitcoin at a lower price every day.
Oh please... the fact that it is volatile does not make it any worse that fiat. I guess you should have known that already. As long as everyone understands this is a new market and until we probably have a huge market cap and a lot of bigger investors in, we will keep seeing this level of volatility. All we have on the chart is just people getting greedy unnecessarily based on speculations, buying into FOMO, those are some set of inexperienced investors who just want to get rich overnight and what do you expect from the market ?
Activity: 392
Yes, it's possible. Because Bitcoin has a lot of advantages that are so useful to businessmen. It will never go down or no one can make Bitcoin disappear aside from not having internet. So I beliece Bitcoin will stay for a long period of time
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
Of course, it can be a long-term reliable value store. Not only Bitcoin,all of reliable coins can. But, i just wonder that why do you want to invest in the long term? So, short-term investments will earn you more profit than wait so long. In the meantime you will lose, that is, you have to be prepared for it, you have to manage your feelings and you will see the result yourself.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
I believe that bitcoin can be a long term trusted coin because of its specs and usage. The scarcity also of bitcoin makes its endurance, why? Because if it has unlimited supply of coins then for sure its price will not goes up. The tendency is that, many investors will pull their investment because bitcoin is not profitable.

off course, I agree with you mate. bitcoin can be a long term trusted coin, because of its specs and usage. it is simple and secure. also so popular.
To believe this thing that bitcoin is the best possible choice for long term investment of money, the very first thing which can help you in doing so is none other than that of getting more information regarding bitcoin and that spending more time in learning the behavior as well as the performance of the bitcoin. You yourself will, then be easily convinced and that you will take this decision.
Activity: 378

Yes it will be a long term trusted investment, the price of bitcoins today is increasing continuously and if you are going to invest today then there will be a huge chance for you to get wealthy in the future just like what happened to other investors back in 2013.
Pages:
Jump to: