Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin become the reserve currency of the world? - page 23. (Read 50421 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0
According to me, bitcoin will not be the world's reserve currency, but Bitcoin or cryptocurrency will be the world's alternative currency. because we can send it anywhere without obstacles and without distress.

i also not agree to btc's world reserve currency.every nation have its own currency and it is irreplaceable.it is better to be as a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
Do you think Bitcoin will become the reserve currency of the world sometime in the future? I was wondering about this since Bitcoin is now a widely used cryptocurrency worldwide. Since most altcoins in the market today, are dependent on Bitcoin's price movements, it seems like Bitcoin is the reserve currency of cryptocurrencies.

However, if Bitcoin tends to become more popular each day, it could eventually take the USD's place as the reserve currency of the world.
Bitcoin is only an alternative world currency and not a world reserve currency because its existence is difficult to accept throughout the world to be inaugurated by all countries. even so, bitcoin can help overcome the economic problems of a country so that many are used by its users as an alternative world currency
Activity: 70
Yes i agree because of bitcoin project theres so many people want to using bitcoin now a days, so many people in the world want to be rich to using bitcoin, and i think a lot of people want to being rich right so people will accept bitcoin for good service and thats i know from that.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Do you think Bitcoin will become the reserve currency of the world sometime in the future? I was wondering about this since Bitcoin is now a widely used cryptocurrency worldwide. Since most altcoins in the market today, are dependent on Bitcoin's price movements, it seems like Bitcoin is the reserve currency of cryptocurrencies.

However, if Bitcoin tends to become more popular each day, it could eventually take the USD's place as the reserve currency of the world. Hence, what are your thoughts about this? Will it happen or not?  Huh
maybe it will take a long time and requires some long discussion because global finance will still refer to real money while bitcoin is money that comes from the digital world and maybe someday if bitcoin can be applied into real currency, and it will happen that bitcoin can make global currency reserves
Activity: 227
In my opinion, if Bitcoin becomes the world's reserve currency there must be recognized by all countries. As we know, currently not all countries accept Bitcoin as a currency. There are several countries that still prohibit the use of Bitcoin as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Reserve currency? I don't think so because Bitcoin is base on internet which cannot be controlled. I think Bitcoin would end up as a way of payment only or an alternative currency in a certain country. That's what I think about it. Also, new cryptocurrency might sprung that could beat Bitcoin one day.

That's certainly true, mate. Still, the benefits of a reserve currency that goes beyond borders are numerous. With the inception of Bitcoin and Blockchain technology, it's possible that a reserve currency would become accessible by anyone around the world as it used the Internet and Blockchain technology. However, Bitcoin and most cryptocurrencies would not fit the bill nicely due to their decentralized design. A centralized cryptocurrency such as Ripple (XRP) might well serve the purpose as the reserve currency of the world since it can be easily manipulated by governments.

Now the question will be whenever the US Dollar will remain as the reserve currency of the future or not. If it becomes replaced by another currency, then it would probably be the Euro or the Sterling Pound. However, one thing for sure, is that such currency will make use of a Blockchain for security, transparency, and borderless transactions. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
I think yes, bitcoin will become the reserve currency in the world in a sense that the bitcoin users hold it and invest on it too. They uses the bitcoin when the price become increase and they just hold when the price was down like now.We do not know when it increase again maybe at the end of the month.
Activity: 350
With time bitcoin and blockchain have made the market very stable and it is good for business transactions which were difficult and time consuming in the past now it is very easy for every one to pay online with in seconds and if you are used to investment many of new crypto are in the market with a high KYC value so it is the world reserve currency that when there is a shortage of money in fiat with you you can use this as well for your need.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14
I think that someday it is very possible for bitcoin to become one of the world's currencies that will be taken into account and will be used globally like a dollar. Now it's been proven that every day there is an increase in bitcoin users. They use bitcoin because bitcoin offers convenience, speed and mercy in transnational transactions. In contrast to fiat currencies that require too high taxes and procedures that are also less simple. However, bitcoin and fiat currencies cannot replace each other. The two currencies will work together to complement their functions.
Activity: 98
but if bitcoin can reserve a currency of the world will be become if can.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
I think not. I think bitcoin supply in the whole world is too low compared to the total amount of fiat present per country and around the world. I can't agree that bitcoins can be the next world currency but it can be the building blocks for the coming world currency. Bitcoins have laid the foundation.

I don't agree with your argument. It is always good to have a currency which is protected against inflation. If you believe that the total supply (21 million) is too low, then we can do a redenomination  and split 1 BTC to 1,000 new BTC. Then the total supply would be 21 billion coins.

There is no need to do that. Bitcoin was created to be divisible to the 8th decimal digit (1 satoshi) exactly to be able to address the issue Abikyi is rising.
Activity: 65
Bitcoi will be very famous for me in this technocratic world. Bitcoi will be very well known. Every bit transaction will be bitcoi. So my opinion will be bitcoi in the world.
Activity: 245
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
Reserve currency? I don't think so because Bitcoin is base on internet which cannot be controlled. I think Bitcoin would end up as a way of payment only or an alternative currency in a certain country. That's what I think about it. Also, new cryptocurrency might sprung that could beat Bitcoin one day.
Activity: 169
Vite

However, if Bitcoin tends to become more popular each day, it could eventually take the USD's place as the reserve currency of the world. Hence, what are your thoughts about this? Will it happen or not?  Huh
The current time will be bitcoin will not be a cash of the current, but you need the bitcoin to be future. There are an existing but more much of the bitcoin, it will not be able to the current cash. The future of bitcoin bitcoin will be used overflow and no such water
Activity: 29

experts have agreed that cryptocurrency will never dominate paper money, because paper money has become a payment instrument that is used daily

and obviously it's hard to replace. I prefer that bitcoin is only an investment asset not a payment instrument.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
Given past precedents, the USD should collapse in our lifetime (unless you are like 70 years old I guess) and we should see it within a decade or two.

The USD has already had a good long run and it's now on discount time. I don't believe the USD is any different from former attempts, it will not magically last another 100 years... it must burst and it will burst one way or another. It is then that the elites will have to decide if they want to enter another fiat clusterfuck or they want a neutral global asset class like BTC, and I believe BTC will be it, which will make BTC worth $1,000,000 each if you still want to value it in USD (due the debt default which is funnily enough around $21 trillion just like the total amount of 21 million BTC.

It's gonna stay marginal (at some level). At worst it could be used as virtual money for a video game (I don't remember the name: second life ?) At best it will remain a virtual currency used by geeks or by those looking to hide their funds (taxes evasion or other reasons) or on the darknet. that said, (besides that bitcoin needs to have a minimum value of $213,000 to hit to replace the US money supply)

Bitcoin is global. It could be worth $213,000 without necessarily replacing the US money supply, so no problem about that.

One of the best posts in this thread, would merit if I could. I fully agree that USD will not last much longer, so that begs the question which currency is going to take over? It's either going to be Yuan or Bitcoin. With all the investments and innovation plans China has from now till 2050 it's going to be a serious contender to the throne.

When we keep innovating, newer and better technologies emerge. AI, robots, IOT and much more are going to radically change the way we live right now. So imagine a super advanced future, I don't think we will still be using a FIAT currency as reserve currency. Perhaps USD will be replaced by the Yuan in the coming years and will eventually be replaced by Bitcoin.
Activity: 441
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
bitcoin is not a reserve currency, but bitcoin is a core currency, high demand and limited inventory make bitcoin more valuable.

besides, bitcoin will be the currency used for every transaction, bitcoin will be more perfect if the world makes the positive regulation about crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Well some of what you’ve said is true but if bitcoin will be the world reserved currency who then will take responsibility of managing it since not all accepts it and no one govern over it because of its decentralized feature? That will be complicated.
Activity: 854
Merit: 251
According to me, bitcoin will not be the world's reserve currency, but Bitcoin or cryptocurrency will be the world's alternative currency. because we can send it anywhere without obstacles and without distress.
maybe what you are saying is that it is true that bitcoin was created as a crypto currency that uses technological advancements and developments in the past and all possibilities can happen even maybe the crypto currency becomes a fiat currency reserve currency
Activity: 64

I agree with this and additional of this, bitcoin is so useful in many aspects like paying bills online, shoping in the mall using bitcoin wellet and sending money through bitcoin wallets. That's why bitcoin is not only a reserve crypto but a worlds best crypto currency now and the future.
Pages:
Jump to: