Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin become the reserve currency of the world? - page 31. (Read 50421 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Adoption of BTC is increasing. But still I don’t think it can be a reserve currency. Maybe it can be an alternative currency in near future.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
https://raiser.network
It is true that Bitcoin is growing day by day and it will be one of the major currencies on a global scale in the fund transfer industry. However, it will never replace the fiat currency because of the number of reasons. People will definitely give the first choice to the currency which is convenient, secure, cheaper and faster. If Bitcoin could give more utility to the users, then it will be on the top in any time period. I am optimistic about the growth of crypto industry in next 5 to 10 years from now.
There is a study that bitcoin can be a reserve when time that there will be crisis, I am not just sure how accurate this might be, but for sure it will gonna happen too but not that too soon as there are lots of things to consider.
Activity: 294
according to my opinion bitcoin can't be reserve currency and we can expect it to be a one, cause we all know it is a cryptocurrency which is online based currency it can't become reserve country for the world but nothing can be ensure maybe in the future things can turn into something else
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
It is true that Bitcoin is growing day by day and it will be one of the major currencies on a global scale in the fund transfer industry. However, it will never replace the fiat currency because of the number of reasons. People will definitely give the first choice to the currency which is convenient, secure, cheaper and faster. If Bitcoin could give more utility to the users, then it will be on the top in any time period. I am optimistic about the growth of crypto industry in next 5 to 10 years from now.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
Not really. The chances are pretty slim for BTC to be the reserve currency. But there is a high chance for it to become the alternative one, in the future.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
Nahhhh not possible. Ithink. Not really sure but since no one can really be called the holder of bitcoin, and no one can really limit it since its pretty much controlled by the user themselves, I doubt it could be the reserve currency. But it is much more efficient than paper money in its continuous transfer and usage so I'm not really sure.
Activity: 56
I think bitcoin has all the quality to be the reserve currency except one thing and that is the volatility which is the main barrier in this field.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Do you think Bitcoin will become the reserve currency of the world sometime in the future? I was wondering about this since Bitcoin is now a widely used cryptocurrency worldwide. Since most altcoins in the market today, are dependent on Bitcoin's price movements, it seems like Bitcoin is the reserve currency of cryptocurrencies.

However, if Bitcoin tends to become more popular each day, it could eventually take the USD's place as the reserve currency of the world. Hence, what are your thoughts about this? Will it happen or not?  Huh
Everything goes to the fact that in the future the main coin, make a warning because bitcoin quietly climb into the tops of currencies, and I think they will not stop, and what will happen next, we will find out.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
Remember bitcoin just like gold , an asset so if you say that it can reserve the currency, I think it's completely different things !
But as an asset , you can treat them like investment , you need the money when the crisis happening that's how bitcoin works.

Yes, it can act as currency but as legal currency, bitcoin is an asset !
Activity: 126
Why just a reserve currency, though? Bitcoin is well equipped to be a legit virtual currency. Its features are even better than fiat. What I see is bitcoin or (what will be the best crypto in the future) to become a global currency that would befit a world that is hugely dependent on technology. What do you think?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Interesting discussion ...
I think, I agree with most of our friends in this discussion group who disagree if Bitcoin will become a reserve of money in the future.
we know that real life has centralized money and closely records it with national and state life and politics.
So, bitcoin might just dominate the crypto currency, if that is possible. But not to match the role of fiat currency.

Maybe so. If governments and central banks continue to dominate the world economy, then there's no doubt that Fiat will always remain as the reserve currency of the world. However, if people decide to gain sovereignty over their economy, then they would use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies at a greater level than Fiat. Once this happens, then Bitcoin would become the reserve currency of the world, as everything will depend on its valuation for years to come.

If Bitcoin is indeed like Gold, then people would start investing into Bitcoin for the long term to protect their capital against the dreaded inflation of Fiat. Right now, Bitcoin is the reserve currency of all cryptocurrencies in existence, but we'll never know what will happen in the future. It's very unlikely that Bitcoin will become the reserve currency of the world because it's decentralized, but anything could happen.

It's only a matter of time before Fiat continues to dominate our very lives or cease to exist as a result of cryptocurrencies taking all over the world. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 112
I think a reserve currency should not have volatility characteristic. That's why from my view bitcoin won't be globally accepted as reserve currency.
Activity: 196
Reserve currency? Isn’t that same as going back to snail mail even if we already have a functioning email address? Bitcoin was designed as a virtual currency with a feasible structure that could replace fiat. Demoting it as just a reserve currency will only undermine its many features and benefits.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
Of course Bitcoin has the opportunity to become a reserve currency for the World. Because we know how practical transactions are using Bitcoin. And everyone can have Bitcoin because it is Decentralized.
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
I do believe Bitcoin will become the reserve currency or was introduced as a tester for the actual crypto based world reserve currency.  This is not all by accident made up by a guy named Satoshi.  I hope we are all passed that point by now. 
Activity: 57
I don't see any of this possibility of bitcoin replacing the dollar as the world primary reserve currency. Yes, bitcoin has gained tons of popularity and many exchange platform and though some banks also support bitcoin as a medium of exchange. But still, it lacks user acceptance as a medium of making payment compared to the dollar.
Activity: 71
How can bitcoin become the reserve currency of the world? I think it's hard. And my question is, Will bitcoin can change into physically? And change into physical money like dollar, euro, etc. Keep learning and trying.
Activity: 386
Merit: 104
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
Do you think Bitcoin will become the reserve currency of the world sometime in the future? I was wondering about this since Bitcoin is now a widely used cryptocurrency worldwide. Since most altcoins in the market today, are dependent on Bitcoin's price movements, it seems like Bitcoin is the reserve currency of cryptocurrencies.

However, if Bitcoin tends to become more popular each day, it could eventually take the USD's place as the reserve currency of the world. Hence, what are your thoughts about this? Will it happen or not?  Huh

I am not sure about this. Bitcoin has the opportunity to have the first mover advantage. But we don't know for sure if there will be another coin in the future that will be better than bitcoin. No one knows. But in my opinion USD is doomed. However, it will be decades before we see the final demise of USD as a currency. And when that time comes, it will be a great upheaval that's for sure. But it is not in the foreseeable future. It will take decades. Maybe 2 or 3 decades.
Activity: 28
By enabling Bitcoin as one of the currencies to transact electronically, that means the government understands what is needed by the community, namely an alternative solution when a standard solution stagnates. There are further advantages of using Bitcoin besides the economic movement, namely the restoration of public confidence in the country. People trust requires a government that really works, right?

Regardless of the benefits offered by Bictoin, the chances of becoming an official currency are very small - if not impossible '.' However, will Bitcoin continue to be used as an alternative and become the world's reserve currency? Maybe.
Activity: 851
Merit: 254
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
Interesting discussion ...
I think, I agree with most of our friends in this discussion group who disagree if Bitcoin will become a reserve of money in the future.
we know that real life has centralized money and closely records it with national and state life and politics.
So, bitcoin might just dominate the crypto currency, if that is possible. But not to match the role of fiat currency.
Pages:
Jump to: