Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Experience More Price Volatility in 2018? - page 2. (Read 944 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
It will experience volatility as long as as people use it primarily as an investment option. If it is treated as a currency, then only we will see some stability.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
I think bitcoin always fluctuate as the real estate market prices up and down at a slight fluctuations, and as if to create a real potential market for investors, you should not worry. Because this is the opposite we should be glad it worked
Volatility is a common thing in almost every investment assets and with Bitcoins it’s mostly due to the FUD and ban rumors that’s been circulating around on social media and from the media as well. If the investors don’t listen to to FUD and keep holding we are going to have less and less of price volatility.
The volatility of the market not only pushes the price down, the volatility of the market also pushes the price up, that is what we saw at the end of the previous year, when we saw that bitcoin made a big movement and almost reached 20000, this is why traders prefer not to hold as long because they want to catch the big trends in the market.
Activity: 69
Because of the nature of bitcoin a lot of people are knowing it and it is really a good thing.
Activity: 67
It is one of the places to invest these days and a lot of people are doing that.
Activity: 199
I do not know, but many people predict Bitcoin will experience high volatility in 2018. but everyone will wish it that way!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
I agree with the part of high volatility is the intrinsic value of Bitcoin, couldn't agree more. Bitcoin is used as an investment ride these days, people are using Bitcoin price volatility to gain profit or loss  Grin. As long as Bitcoin is volatile, more and more people are going to know Bitcoin.

Yes you are right, cryptocurrency volatility is the reason why there are a lot of traders who are interested on trading in the market so there is no way that bitcoin will lose its investors since people are keep on joining this bitcoin community.

Some traders even managed to make their profit on the volatility of the coin this year. They bought Bitcoins for 6 thousand and sold them when BTC was close to 10K.
I think the rate of fluctuation will not be so different as last year because marketcap, demand, and supply changes will not be so different. we know that prices in 2017 soar are very high due to fluctuations and for people who are smart to see the opportunity will certainly see the price of $6k last time is a good opportunity to buy. so they make a profit Smiley
Activity: 150
by David Drake

In 2017, Bitcoin recorded the most unprecedented gains, making it the most sought after cryptocurrency in the market. As a result, most people are buying Bitcoin for speculative purposes with the hope of cashing on price increases.

Having risen to a high of nearly $20,000 in mid December, Bitcoin experienced high volatility towards the end of 2017, raising the question of whether its price could plunge to below $10,000. But as HOQU's Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Shmonov notes, high volatility is nothing new to Bitcoin.

"The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 90% and this will be normal. We saw this with Bitcoin before. But after some time and after the dust has settled, prices will return to new heights, because progress will go further and people will understand that the problems that caused the drop are resolved or almost solved," he says.

Even so, certain factors fuel the volatility of Bitcoin, and one such factor is government statements on cryptocurrency regulation. On Thursday 28th of December, 2017, Bitcoin prices plunged by the double digits following the announcement of fresh regulations in the world's third largest cryptocurrency market, South Korea. Going by the trend set by this southern peninsula, there’s no doubt that more price swings in the cryptocurrency market will follow.

"The volatility in the price action mirrors the uncertainty in world regulation. Each positive statement from a country or exchange sees a boost in the Bitcoin price, and each proposed clampdown produces a price drop. Changes in regulation is the key price driver for Bitcoin and that won’t change in 2018. I think price volatility will increase this year, this will not be a time for the faint hearted. Reduce your exposure to price volatility by diversifying a little of your portfolio - now," says Linda Leaney, CFO at Globcoin.

According to Marcus Vandea, CEO of Playfold, Bitcoin has a highly volatile nature. But even with its price swings, it’ll be hard for its value to drop below the $10,000 mark.

"High volatility will always be an intrinsic part of Bitcoin, with 30% shifts that always happened but are now more noticeable because of its high value. It’s difficult to believe that Bitcoin will plunge below $10000, as it is now more popular and desired than ever. But extreme value swings will keep happening and will keep discouraging the light hearted investors," he says.

Bitcoin braved the turbulence in 2017, increasing its value from $1000 in January to reach a high of $19,700 in early December, before closing the year at about $14,000.

Bitcoin is more volatility in 2018, I think it's just a crisis. it is normal. we will see the market demand is increasing, maybe at the nexy 4 months again.
Activity: 182
I think events in 2017 will recur at the end of 2018. Beginning to the second quarter I think bitcoin rises slowly and tends to stabilize then later in the year it will experience a sharp price decline until early 2019. It seems volatility is necessary to show the existence of bitcoin to the whole world.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
Across the globe, a lot of people are investing in the Bitcoin business.
The percentage of bitcoin supporters is increasing unbelievably with the passage of time and we can relate it to the success of former bitcoiners. We all know that there are many who had totally changed their lives just because they supported bitcoin when there were less people. Just keep in mind that bitcoin is going to rule the economy of the world sooner or later, so invest into it as much as you can.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Who knows, but it can be logic. Because the more people come, the more demand is creating recently on a market huh.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"
The drop and rise in the price of Bitcoins are something that is very volatile in nature.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
I agree with the part of high volatility is the intrinsic value of Bitcoin, couldn't agree more. Bitcoin is used as an investment ride these days, people are using Bitcoin price volatility to gain profit or loss  Grin. As long as Bitcoin is volatile, more and more people are going to know Bitcoin.

Yes you are right, cryptocurrency volatility is the reason why there are a lot of traders who are interested on trading in the market so there is no way that bitcoin will lose its investors since people are keep on joining this bitcoin community.

Some traders even managed to make their profit on the volatility of the coin this year. They bought Bitcoins for 6 thousand and sold them when BTC was close to 10K.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
I think the worst is over. That insane dip was truly scary and i though I'd have to say goodbye to ny investments. But then again, as the market recovers now. I think the price will continue to rise with a few minor dips here and there. Unless another government will ban BTC and there wil be a surge of supply again i the market. But I'm confident that it will still recover and get stronger even from that.

Yes, mate, we have now the market that is ready to start its fast run. I do not know how much the cryptocurrencies will gain in 2018 but they will cost much more than now. Bitcoin will be not so volatile.
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
PRiVCY
Due to 2017 experience where Bitcoin price strongly soar that now made so many to actually invested in and hold this 2018 based on the low volatility or averagely steady rate presently dwindling around $9 to $10 with the believe or prediction of another pump, high volatility of Bitcoin shall never be an understatement at all. Ceteris parables, year 2018 shall equally soar but might not be as sharp as that of the late year 2017. Bitcoin is now however maintaining a good steady and rational rate of ascending volatility all which is good to go, my opinion.
Activity: 74
Across the globe, a lot of people are investing in the Bitcoin business.
copper member
Activity: 168
The high volatility of Bitcoins are sometimes a little dangerous.
Activity: 203
Merit: 10
I guess yes. The volatility of bitcoin price is normal. This is what makes bitcoin so special and unique. It has an advantage and disadvatage to both traders and investors. When the bitcoin price collapse more traders grab that opportunity to buy more and hold. Its only a matter of being smart and strategic person in this event to become more successful at the end of the day.

I agree, volatility of bitcoin and altcoins is normal and healthy because it does means that transactions are flowing. A good trader knows that crypto drops is very important, experiences and research will tell that the importance of cryptocurrency is not just of how it rise higher but of how are we going to come up a good results at our investments in cryptocurrency. Whatever it will, that it could be going up or down as long as profiting in either ways. Good strategy good profits in the future.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
I think bitcoin always fluctuate as the real estate market prices up and down at a slight fluctuations, and as if to create a real potential market for investors, you should not worry. Because this is the opposite we should be glad it worked
Volatility is a common thing in almost every investment assets and with Bitcoins it’s mostly due to the FUD and ban rumors that’s been circulating around on social media and from the media as well. If the investors don’t listen to to FUD and keep holding we are going to have less and less of price volatility.
We won't know what will happen with the market price of bitcoin and for this year, the volatility of bitcoin may result to another peak price again by the end of the year or may result to a low price again. Volatility is truly normal and we know from the start that all cryptos are all like this. We might have a belief that bitcoin will be valuable in the future but speculating that it will start this year is hard. All of us can continue to predict what could happen but that is the end for us because no matter how much we want the price to be high, other factors are still considered.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Right. The volatility has always been there for the crypto market though of course with more people coming in, some doesn't even know what they're getting into, it will tend to be a little more volatile than a year or two ago.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Pages:
Jump to: